2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Needless

Toe Sucker
lmao still cant believe both the penguins and lightning are out R1 via sweeps

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Still in shock over TB, literally just made a joke out of such an amazing season. All that hard work... just crazy.

Not surprised at all by Isles. Wasn't expecting a sweep but Isles got something going right now. Most Cap fans are probably happy, but I like their chances more against this years Pens. Still would give the nod to Caps, but Isles got a good shot. Also Trotz factor.

Either way, Caps v B's or Isles v leafs would be a fun ECF.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, two sweeps. Fucking crazy.

And while the Caps didnt lose in quite as depressing a way, I only just recently (about a year ago, in fact) got over the Caps having dominant President's Trophy seasons only for an early exit.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Trotz certainly made the case for the dump truck of cash he got.

I really wish the Caps had done so, I don't think Rierdan has it in him. Haven't seen any adjustments from him yet. Crazy that the Lightning went out with such a whimper

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still in shock over TB, literally just made a joke out of such an amazing season. All that hard work... just crazy.

Not surprised at all by Isles. Wasn't expecting a sweep but Isles got something going right now. Most Cap fans are probably happy, but I like their chances more against this years Pens. Still would give the nod to Caps, but Isles got a good shot. Also Trotz factor.

Either way, Caps v B's or Isles v leafs would be a fun ECF.

Yeah...we still need to win 2 more games before we start talking about Round 2. Carolina is going to be as juiced up as you can be for Game 4.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
If there’s one thing I don’t like seeing, it’s the Caps playing lesser teams and going up 3-1 cause we know how that ends.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you don't think CBJ played out of their minds you are mistaken.

CBJ did amazing do not get me wrong but for me to believe it wasn’t more about Tampa just shitting the bed you guys gotta get to ECF.

And here’s hoping you guys do:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

If there’s one thing I don’t like seeing, it’s the Caps playing lesser teams and going up 3-1 cause we know how that ends.

With the Stanley Cup in Vegas?

No but seriously, for all the past blown series leads, you'd still take a 3-1 lead over 2-2 every time. Last year with the chance to eliminate the opponent the Caps went 4-0 in the playoffs. So yeah, I'd much rather win Game 4.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Classic Kane, what a dickhead

Although they hit em with the baby shark AND the muffin man songs though

Rude

Potato del Grande
Good to see Tampa shit the bed in the post season for the millionth time. At least they're regular season champs!

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah...we still need to win 2 more games before we start talking about Round 2. Carolina is going to be as juiced up as you can be for Game 4.

True. If i'm the canes, watching these upsets is super motivating. Highly unlikely, but this could be the year of the underdog.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
True. If i'm the canes, watching these upsets is super motivating. Highly unlikely, but this could be the year of the underdog.

We'll see what happens. If the Canes can take Game 4 then I honestly think the series is up for grabs. It'll be tough because we're shorthanded but the building will be just as loud as game 3.

As far as the fighting, I don't think you're ever going to completely get rid of it in the sport. Only way I can see something more strict would be if the big stars start getting seriously injured via fighting. But most of them usually don't get themselves in situations where a fight is going to knock them out either.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Feels so fucking good to have the bolts and pens booted in ugly fashion in the first. Time to break up those teams. Malkin and Stammer need to be moved.

I am all behind the isle this year. I love the idea of Barry winning back to back cups after getting fucked over by the caps after he got them a cup.

Merrith

Feels so fucking good to have the bolts and pens booted in ugly fashion in the first. Time to break up those teams. Malkin and Stammer need to be moved.

I am all behind the isle this year. I love the idea of Barry winning back to back cups after getting fucked over by the caps after he got them a cup.

"fucked over by the Caps" is strong. They had denied teams from interviewing Reirden the previous year with the idea he was going to be the presumed successor. Barry wanting a 5 year contract was the biggest divide between the two parties from most reports.