2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I'll always remember Hertl as the guy who put 4 past Hank his first week in the NHL. Sharks won that game 9-2.

Probably why I am subconsciously rooting for Vegas. No one slights the King.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m waiting Canes Vs Caps $100 let’s do this pussies!

If you need to ask your sister for the time off from Waffle House I understand.

The end of April 22nd make your bet is who the winner is of $100 vis PayPal.

$100 winner of Carolina Hurricanes vs Washington Capitols are you in Vandyn Vandyn ??

Hehe, I'm going to assume you're more sober now (sorry I wasn't really online that much yesterday). No I'm not going to take the bet, mainly because with the injuries the Canes have plus the momentum the Caps have after Game 5 it's not a smart bet. I mean we've gotten to the point where we are doing emergency call ups and our 4th line (maybe even the 3rd) is basically AHL players. I think the Canes will throw it on the table tonight and fight till the end but we've got to improve on the PP plus we got to get something out of Aho. The building is going to be just as loud so we'll see what happens.

Also, never been in a Waffle House. Not even originally from the south (in fact almost everything that lives in this area are not native, they are all from up north and west).

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hehe, I'm going to assume you're more sober now (sorry I wasn't really online that much yesterday). No I'm not going to take the bet, mainly because with the injuries the Canes have plus the momentum the Caps have after Game 5 it's not a smart bet. I mean we've gotten to the point where we are doing emergency call ups and our 4th line (maybe even the 3rd) is basically AHL players. I think the Canes will throw it on the table tonight and fight till the end but we've got to improve on the PP plus we got to get something out of Aho. The building is going to be just as loud so we'll see what happens.

Also, never been in a Waffle House. Not even originally from the south (in fact almost everything that lives in this area are not native, they are all from up north and west).

lol I was rewatching Oshie hit + drunk+ just got home from a 6-0 trouncing. You a solid dude nothing personal.And my bet was considered fair to me after about 12 franziskaners.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol I was rewatching Oshie hit + drunk+ just got home from a 6-0 trouncing. You a solid dude nothing personal.And my bet was considered fair to me after about 12 franziskaners.

I'd feel more confident if we weren't putting a triage unit out there. We are getting nothing out of Aho this series and he's the All Star on the team. I always thought winning Game 5 was going to be a tall order for the Canes just wasn't expecting an ass kicking like that (it was basically the reverse of Game 3). That game turned while it was still 1-0 and the Canes actually came out with some fight at the start of the 2nd and had all those PP's and did absolutely nothing with them. That was such a huge momentum shift and then the Caps scored and the game was basically over at that point.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'd feel more confident if we weren't putting a triage unit out there. We are getting nothing out of Aho this series and he's the All Star on the team. I always thought winning Game 5 was going to be a tall order for the Canes just wasn't expecting an ass kicking like that (it was basically the reverse of Game 3). That game turned while it was still 1-0 and the Canes actually came out with some fight at the start of the 2nd and had all those PP's and did absolutely nothing with them. That was such a huge momentum shift and then the Caps scored and the game was basically over at that point.

Yeah Caps arena was going ape.

Side note if you use a capital one card you get a discount there.

Needless

Toe Sucker

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Felt like justice when we killed all those PP's, especially the one where Carlson got called for "goalie interference".

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Caps are making no adjustments to their dump and chase, they're not generating any shots but they keep trying. Definition of insanity

Merrith

Caps are making no adjustments to their dump and chase, they're not generating any shots but they keep trying. Definition of insanity

I wish Kuznetsov would actually dump and chase it sometimes. I swear on the power play he'll just skate right into 2 defenders at the blue line and turn it over.

Merrith

Caps are not working hard enough.

Feels like it's just Ovechkin or Wilson that's fully engaged. Backstrom with a couple okay passes, Connolly with the goal but they basically just let him walk out in front of the net all by himself.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Caps probably don't deserve to win this series, Carolina has been the better team in 5 of the 6 games

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
As someone who wouldn't mind seeing the Caps knocked out, I feel for you fans this game though. That was a bunch of horseshit.

Merrith

Caps probably don't deserve to win this series, Carolina has been the better team in 5 of the 6 games

Disagree with this completely. But I know how us Caps fans get with any sort of adversity.

Not our best game, but felt refs blew whistle way too early on that potential tying goal.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Disagree with this completely. But I know how us Caps fans get with any sort of adversity.

Not our best game, but felt refs blew whistle way too early on that potential tying goal.

For sure the whistle was blown early, but Carolina was the better team throughout the game. Would've been nice to get the tying goal and see what happens, but it would've been stealing the game if we came away with the win.

Merrith

For sure the whistle was blown early, but Carolina was the better team throughout the game. Would've been nice to get the tying goal and see what happens, but it would've been stealing the game if we came away with the win.

Oh I agree they were better overall tonight, but wasn't like we didn't have chances. 2-2 end of 2nd and they call that weak embellishment on Orlov when he gets hooked down because they don't want to give us another PP so it's just 4 on 4. Carlson in alone, dumps it into the pads, Wilson tips it off the crossbar right before period ends. I just wonder what happens if Ovechkin gets credit for that goal to make it 3-3, and he's on a hat trick chasing the series winning goal. Not like we haven't had plenty of games we've dominated but still lost in the playoffs, too. Deserve has nothing to do with it just cause a team's shots on goal counter is higher.