2018-2019 NBA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
d8sUlNE.jpg

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Derrick Rose is going to start in the West. I'm praying to god Thibs gets fire so he isn't signed to some ridiculously long term deal. I know as soon as he signs it he'll get another major injury.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Derrick Rose is going to start in the West. I'm praying to god Thibs gets fire so he isn't signed to some ridiculously long term deal. I know as soon as he signs it he'll get another major injury.
Doncic for mayor

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That sucked. Warriors have lost like...every big game. Up 20 in the third and blow it. The final 5:30 of regulation was so frustrating. I think someone not KD took a shot once. And he missed a lot. He still falls into hero ball way too often and attempts some reckless shit.

Araxen

And so it begins....

Sources: Butler testing Brown over 76ers offense

Jimmy Butler challenging Brett Brown, 76ers' offensive system

Philadelphia 76ers All-Star Jimmy Butler has aggressively challenged coach Brett Brown on his role in the offense, complicating an already tenuous chemistry among the team's Big 3 hierarchy, league sources told ESPN.

Butler has been vocal in his contesting of Brown and his system, including a recent film session in Portland that some witnesses considered "disrespectful" and beyond normal player-coach discourse.

Butler has expressed a desire to teammates that he hopes to play in more traditional pick-and-roll and isolation sets, rather than trying to find his place in the Sixers free-flowing offense, league sources said. In searching for answers, Butler has met privately with Brown and his coaching staff, as well as general manager Elton Brand, league sources told ESPN.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sounds like the dude's shoulder chip is too damn big.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Butler has been a drama queen ever since he got his payday in Chicago.

• 1Like

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
He's not wrong, in this instance. Our offense is brutal to watch at times, the insistence on sticking with the motion/DHO stuff is maddening. Calling it a 'free-flowing offense' is laughable, at the end of games it amounts to 3 DHOs for Redick or Shamet followed by Embiid jacking up a bad 3 with no time on the shot clock. We have the makings of an elite PnR team with great attacking ball handlers (Butler, Simmons, even Fultz when he's healthy) and a big who is equally comfortable diving or picking and popping, yet it feels like 75% of our offensive sets are running Redick through multiple DHOs. I like Brown, he was the perfect coach during the tanking years, but he needs to make some changes.

Embiid has also been vocally unhappy with the offense at least twice in the media this year.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They fired him after they beat the Lakers by 22 points? lol (though everyone was wondering why the starters are out there in a blowout at the end)

Araxen

We beat them by 22 points, but Towns and Wiggins play 35+ minutes a piece. I guess a couple weeks ago, Rose came down with an injury and Thibs tried to put him into the game still and Rose refused. He just doesn't care for his players at all and treats them like robots.

That's on top of the entire Butler situation where Butler told Thibs he wanted to be traded in the summer and Thibs didn't address it all.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
We beat them by 22 points, but Towns and Wiggins play 35+ minutes a piece. I guess a couple weeks ago, Rose came down with an injury and Thibs tried to put him into the game still and Rose refused. He just doesn't care for his players at all and treats them like robots.

That's on top of the entire Butler situation where Butler told Thibs he wanted to be traded in the summer and Thibs didn't address it all.

Rose refuses to play even when not injured

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Capela being out is only going to make this number bigger

• 1Like