2018-2019 NBA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Harden hasnt been assisted on a field goal in the past FIVE games.

He has scored 261 points over that span. He shot 20 3 pointers last night. Also took 25 free throws. What this guy is doing right now is historic, both from a usage standpoint, and numbers.

Jozu

Lol. Yea I'm not a Harden fan. I am impressed by his scoring, but I'm disturbed by the volume. I know Capella is out, but when D'Antoni is talking about the other guys on the team need to be mentally tough as Harden hogs the ball and basically runs a one man show, you know there is something wrong.

I mean they are winning, but when your scoring 300 points with ZERO assited.......

Maybe the rockets are on to something? They should just get rid of every player except Harden and sign like 8 guys off the street who have decent cardio and basic knowledge of basketball. They would save a ton of roster money, then they could pay harden 80 million and just let him score 85 pts a game.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
And his legs will be dead by the playoffs.

As a Rockets fan yeah its fun to watch James go now.... but there will be nothing left in the tank and they will lose.

Jozu

Cousins is a top 10 player when healthy.

Its amazing how much a devastating injury can impact a players perceived value. There are a TON of guys who suffered gruesome injuries but recovered fully, and recaptured their form.

Paul George is a shining example of this. Hell, Derrick Rose is an All-Star in 2019.

Boogie is still Boogie. As he gets in shape and continues getting comfortable the Warriors are going to be silly.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Think he might end up with Lebron in LA - he's a great player and he and Lebron would be a nightmare playoff match up.

In other news, Luka continues to amaze me. Not just his step back, or his scoring, or his fancy dribbling. His passing is already at an all star level and he sees things before they even begin to develop sometimes. Such a fun kid to watch, and so so happy he's in Dallas. Now to get rid of Barnes and the albatross that is his inflated contract.......

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Think he might end up with Lebron in LA - he's a great player and he and Lebron would be a nightmare playoff match up.

In other news, Luka continues to amaze me. Not just his step back, or his scoring, or his fancy dribbling. His passing is already at an all star level and he sees things before they even begin to develop sometimes. Such a fun kid to watch, and so so happy he's in Dallas. Now to get rid of Barnes and the albatross that is his inflated contract.......

Calling it now. Boston will trade everyone minus Tatum for Davis.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
It would have to include Kyrie unless they wait until after the season (see the "Rose Rule"). Would that be worth it?

Sterling

El Presidente
Calling it now. Boston will trade everyone minus Tatum for Davis.
It would have to include Kyrie unless they wait until after the season (see the "Rose Rule"). Would that be worth it?
If Pelicans waited till after the season they would possibly get more from Boston than LA. But Boston can't trade for him now unless Irving is part of the deal so LA likely wants to do it now during the season. Part of the problem is some of their assets aren't worth what they would have been prior to the season. Ingram hasn't been nearly as good as expected and Ball getting injured again. So not sure what the package would look like now. One of those dudes, Hart, an expiring old dude contract to make salaries work and a pick?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They're never going to get even money on Davis with just players. I'd really hold out for as many picks as possible if I were the Pelicans.

Boston would be stupid to trade Kyrie. Brown, Hayward, Rozier and a pick would be what I would offer, probably.

Sterling

El Presidente
They would have to swap Tatum for Brown IMO. And I would do that in a heartbeat.
Boston certainly has more assets to trade, but it would mean The Pelicans would have to wait till after the season and hope everything works out. That might be their best bet, but who knows what LA or another team might do before then.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Now to get rid of Barnes and the albatross that is his inflated contract.......

Of course I wish the Dubs won in 2016 to solidify the most dominant season in NBA history, but if that had happened the Dubs would have likely given Barnes that ridiculous contract. He very likely would have been the highest paid player on the Dubs. That would have been unacceptable.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Boston certainly has more assets to trade, but it would mean The Pelicans would have to wait till after the season and hope everything works out. That might be their best bet, but who knows what LA or another team might do before then.

You kind of hit on this in your previous post, but what exactly can LA offer that would make the Pelicans say "there's no way we will EVER beat this deal!!" LA has almost no picks to work with (they only have their own, and Lebron will ensure they are never a lottery team), and their current roster beyond Labron is pretty pathetic when trying to trade for a superstar like Davis.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
You kind of hit on this in your previous post, but what exactly can LA offer that would make the Pelicans say "there's no way we will EVER beat this deal!!" LA has almost no picks to work with (they only have their own, and Lebron will ensure they are never a lottery team), and their current roster beyond Labron is pretty pathetic when trying to trade for a superstar like Davis.
Yeah, but there are other teams that could get involved. Lakers do have a bunch of expiring low level contracts, but not sure that's something New Orleans would want since they aren't exactly a huge free agent spot, especially without Davis.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Of course I wish the Dubs won in 2016 to solidify the most dominant season in NBA history, but if that had happened the Dubs would have likely given Barnes that ridiculous contract. He very likely would have been the highest paid player on the Dubs. That would have been unacceptable.

Yup, shame it didn't happen!!

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
They're never going to get even money on Davis with just players. I'd really hold out for as many picks as possible if I were the Pelicans.

Boston would be stupid to trade Kyrie. Brown, Hayward, Rozier and a pick would be what I would offer, probably.

Kyrie wouldn't be part of the trade because NO knows that they're in the same situation with him as they are with AD, he wouldn't stay and becomes a FA even sooner.

Brown, Hayward, Rozier is horrible value for AD. Brown's value is no longer that high. Decent player but the further he gets from his draft year the more his upside falls. Hayward is looking like one of the worst contract's in the league at the moment and Rozier is a backup PG. Tatum has to be part of the deal to even get it started.

Knicks can put together a solid package with Porzingis + Knox + their #1 next year that's potentially better than anything the Celtics could offer.

But likely any trade wouldn't happen until after the season just before the draft.