2018-2019 NBA Thread

Jovec

?
I don't think AD stays - at the very least he leaves as a FA next year. Getting Zion via pure luck does not undue the years of issues (real or perceived) that AD sees in the Pelicans. Also Rich Paul could be pushing him to leave to a bigger market.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I don't think AD stays - at the very least he leaves as a FA next year. Getting Zion via pure luck does not undue the years of issues (real or perceived) that AD sees in the Pelicans. Also Rich Paul could be pushing him to leave to a bigger market.

I'm doubting it. He couldn't get it done with Boogie before the injury. They were OK to good during the season. AD has to know that Zion will not be better than Boogie any time soon. No reason to stay.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Lopez was awesome last night and Kawhi was absolutely gassed in the 4th. Think this will be a great series, but Bucks have the best player in the East and every time Giannis drives the paint he's got shooters wide open.

Was thinking last night, this'll never happen, but imagine Zion sees NO get the #1 and decides "fuck this, I'll just go back to college for a year". Sounds like he was pretty bummed the Pels got that pick, and who can blame him.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Lopez was awesome last night and Kawhi was absolutely gassed in the 4th. Think this will be a great series, but Bucks have the best player in the East and every time Giannis drives the paint he's got shooters wide open.

Was thinking last night, this'll never happen, but imagine Zion sees NO get the #1 and decides "fuck this, I'll just go back to college for a year". Sounds like he was pretty bummed the Pels got that pick, and who can blame him.
NCAA won't let basketball or football players back into college after declaring for the pro draft. He is done playing college ball forever.

Somehow baseball gets around this, as kids get drafted right out of high school but are still able to go to college instead. I have no idea how that works.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It happens in Hockey too. NCAA has actual competition in both leagues due to them(MLB & NHL) having great player development systems(minor leagues).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NCAA won't let basketball or football players back into college after declaring for the pro draft. He is done playing college ball forever.

Somehow baseball gets around this, as kids get drafted right out of high school but are still able to go to college instead. I have no idea how that works.

Being drafted isn’t a disqualifying event. Hiring an agent is.

Never mind, that is wrong, it was changed by the NCAA in ‘09.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Stephen A is a fucking moron.

OMG LISTEN TO ME YELL I AM AN IMPORTANT PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was hoping he was going to be yelling about something more yell-worthy.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Stephen A is a fucking moron.

OMG LISTEN TO ME YELL I AM AN IMPORTANT PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a shtick. I actually think its funny a lot of times. Plus he actually makes sense thru all the yelling.

• 1OK, Sure
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It's a shtick. I actually think its funny a lot of times. Plus he actually makes sense thru all the yelling.
He almost never makes any sense, that rant above included.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Think people are really jumping the gun with AD for sure staying in NO. I still think it's unlikely. I think Zion, the addition of David Griffin, and the firing of Dell Demps all "help", but league consensus and first press releases from his camp are that he still wants out.

I also wonder with how great AD is, or is at least talent-wise, if he really realizes how hard it is to win in this league, and just really doesn't think he can do it without having something akin to an equal - and sadly for New Orleans, unless Zion immediately translates like Luka (which he very well might), they don't even have a full year to convince him Zion can also shoulder future load to some titles.

Ps. I have always been a little puzzled why AD's talent doesn't translate to more wins. I get NO is shitty and they haven't exactly given him respectable teams, but even then it seems like he should be able to carry more.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That feels like the series... CJ was awful down the stretch and GS steals that. Iggy still a beast

• 1Like

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Iggy and Livingston God bless those 2, they make a lot of things possible for the GSW

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Iggy and Livingston God bless those 2, they make a lot of things possible for the GSW

Funny, I thought Green really makes that offense "move" without Durant. Your instincts and...plans tell you to stick the Splash Brothers. Green picks you apart with the little things. Little extra pass here, layup there. That alley-oop was a perfect example of how good he plays within that offense.

Everyone commits hard on Curry with that pick and roll. Green just says "Oh...you must want me to lay this in".

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The original three have all stepped up into their previous roles pre-KD. It's been a pleasure to watch. Perhaps there is something to be said about there being only one ball. Green is looking more and more irreplaceable by the game.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Everyone commits hard on Curry with that pick and roll. Green just says "Oh...you must want me to lay this in".

There was a particular example of this that was really good but I can't find it. Curry coming fast off the screen holding his hands out for the ball and Green just sorta no-look bounce passed it to the roller for an easy bucket. Completely juked everyone, including myself watching from home.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
He almost never makes any sense, that rant above included.

I thought that was the funniest part about it. Typically he's yelling about his opinion being a fact which I hate regardless of whether it's him, Cowherd, Bayless or any of the other retards. Even Kornheiser is getting awful now as the years go by.

This is about his feelings as a Knicks fan which I think any sports fan can somewhat relate to.