2018-2019 NBA Thread

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Eh. GS could win every game in these finals by 400 points and KD would still get the absolute max offer possible this offseason and multiple of them. I don't disagree with the overall sentiment though. KD won't risk anything heading into this offseason, but there's no way he's worried about the numbers.

Obviously, I’m talking in terms of marketing. At this point if GS wins, he’s just a guy that hitched his train to the GS express, he’ll never be seen as a true winner. Unless he wins in NY as the “guy”.

That asshole co-owner deserves the ban. I know I am naive, but I expect people who own sports franchises to be ... good sportsmen. Watching the clip, he appears to just be a douche with a lot of money. Either that, or so clueless that he does not fully grasp that sitting courtside at an NBA game can sometimes involve flying human projectiles.

I actually think it's a mix

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
jesus remember when players where like actively fighting people in stands, none of them got bounced from the league, are we so big pussies that we gotta ban a guy who was already punished for getting too involved in the game? If it was drake doing it I bet alot of the reaction would be different, he might not have even been bounced.

Last edited:
  • 1Leg Drop
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
jesus remember when players where like actively fighting people in stands, none of them got bounced from the league, are we so big pussies that we gotta ban a guy who was already punished for getting too involved in the game? If it was drake doing it I bet alot of the reaction would be different, he might not have even been bounced.

None of the players in that incident was an initial aggressor against a fan. They were hit or had stuff thrown at them first. Plus, Ron Artest was banned for a year. But, in general, that was a different time and things were a little more lenient overall. A lot of shit can change in 10-15 years in terms of what people find acceptable, for good and bad.

The owner is actually getting a break already. If he was a normal fan, he'd be banned for life probably.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
None of the players in that incident was an initial aggressor against a fan. They were hit or had stuff thrown at them first. Plus, Ron Artest was banned for a year. But, in general, that was a different time and things were a little more lenient overall. A lot of shit can change in 10-15 years in terms of what people find acceptable, for good and bad.

The owner is actually getting a break already. If he was a normal fan, he'd be banned for life probably.

yeah on reflection my original opinion was pretty bad take, have to do something about him cause you don't want to tamper with the product and signal to fans or any non players they can get involved.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Raptors really playing hard for this championship.

Really fighting tooth and nail.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Kawhi is ridiculous...

Golden State looks gassed, Stephs defense continues to hurt them when KD isn’t out there to help. Fully expect warriors to roll next game, but this is great to watch

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Thought Leonard was the best player alive two years ago, and after a weird two years, here we are.

And this is only his age 27 season.

Oh and:

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
yeah on reflection my original opinion was pretty bad take, have to do something about him cause you don't want to tamper with the product and signal to fans or any non players they can get involved.

Yeah. I am fairly sure among the ancient Romans, tampering with a sanctioned event was considered sacrilege and was thus subject to sacred law. And then this guy came after you:
1541776137_LuciusVorenus.gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
I'm interested in seeing if Leonard, Davis or Durant will waste their time playing second fiddle to Lebron in LA next year.

• 1Dislike

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Looking at the ESPN highlights. Leonard's shot is robotic like. He never deviates from his form on his jumper. Same height also. Pretty amazing if you notice it.

Queue Durant to play hero ball next game?

Don't forget who called Toronto to win this! That's right...Your boy Brahma did!

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Hi, is this where Canadians that don't actually watch baseketball come to gloat? I just want to make sure I'm in the right place. Gooooo, Raptars!

• 1Defeat
  • 1Like