2018-2019 NBA Thread

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
it's only taken 6 quarters for the Warriors to wake up

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Well apparently espn.com doens't know the difference between halftime and end of the third. 88-80 after 3 is a lot more reasonable.

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
People way overreacted to game 1. Cousins playing pretty good tonight helps too.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Swear Warriors got shafted on that out of bounds call with 51 seconds left too, seemed clear there was another touch by the ball spin even after Green touched it with his other hand an extra time.

Szlia

When you are 8 points behind and get 287346 stops in the last 10 minutes and still can't catch up, losing is a pretty fair outcome.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
People way overreacted to game 1. Cousins playing pretty good tonight helps too.

Meh. That 3rd quarter run, will they pull that off again? And that last 5 minutes or so, Toronto couldn't buy a bucket. I'm still 50/50 on this.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Meh. That 3rd quarter run, will they pull that off again? And that last 5 minutes or so, Toronto couldn't buy a bucket. I'm still 50/50 on this.

Considering that's kind of the Warriors' identity, yes. Huge third quarters with massive runs has been their story the entire season. Also, the Warriors weren't making any baskets in those final minutes either.

Everything hinges on the Klay injury. Don't think we can win without Klay and KD.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Considering that's kind of the Warriors' identity, yes. Huge third quarters with massive runs has been their story the entire season. Also, the Warriors weren't making any baskets in those final minutes either.

Everything hinges on the Klay injury. Don't think we can win without Klay and KD.

Normally I would agree with that statement, but an 18-0 run on top of bad shooting late in the 4th for them to pull that off? But like you said, that's their MO. And if it's any team that can go off like that, it's GS

Up until that opening 3rd, Toronto has looked way better than GS. I'm still going with Toronto to win in 7 IF GS does not get KD back. KD coming back, this is a wrapadap for GS.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Warriors were running out a highschool gimmick defense in the last half of the 4th quarter in order to try and contain Toronto, it is going to be hard for them to be effective without Klay and Durant.

If both those guys are hurt and dont play the series is over for them.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Sure would be awesome if Toronto won a basketball championship to go along with its baseball and hockey trophies...

• 1Home Run
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Didn't the Blue Jays win one like 25 years ago? I know that's forever ago but remember I'm also a Bengals fan. Winning one sounds insurmountable.

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
Didn't the Blue Jays win one like 25 years ago? I know that's forever ago but remember I'm also a Bengals fan. Winning one sounds insurmountable.
1993. So that's pretty close. Maple Leafs have a bunch of championships but they're all like 50+ years ago. CFL count?