2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Somebody should explain to him that you leave the weed in California, and the guns in Alabama and there won't be these problems.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If the Giants draft anything over than a QB at #2 the GM should be fired.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
You sure tho, Manning is a fool and one of the many reasons why the giants are a joke, but they need to get a RB and a o-line. They really don’t need a QB

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Giants can walk away with Saquan Barkley, keep Manning for 2 more years, sign Odel, as he has shown every sign he wants to be there.

Barkley and a healthy Odel with an upright Manning could be devastating. Barkley is an incredible pass blocker also, which is crucial for the Giants.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The Giants would be absolutely fools to think Manning will cover them for years more (especially when you see what the Glennons of the world get paid, much less Mannings).

Everything suggests the Giants are so beholden to Eli for getting them SB victories that they will be fools.

I'd love to be surprised, but I doubt it.

That said, what the Giants do scrambles nearly all of the Top 10 afterwards (including putting QBs in play via trades), that that is the question of the year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
A #2 pick doesn't come along every year (unless you're the Browns) and it's one of the few ways to land a top quarterback. Even if you think Eli's got you for a couple years, it's still the smart move to get a potential QB of the future while you're here since 2 years from now you're hoping you're not going to still be a bottom feeder with a top 5 draft pick, and if you are then you're not going to be the GM anymore.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Yep, the Giants would be foolish to not draft a QB, unless they expect a top 5 pick again next year.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Giants can walk away with Saquan Barkley, keep Manning for 2 more years, sign Odel, as he has shown every sign he wants to be there.

Barkley and a healthy Odel with an upright Manning could be devastating. Barkley is an incredible pass blocker also, which is crucial for the Giants.

All of this will do what? It will get a couple more years of 8-8. Then by the time they get a new QB Barkley will be over the hill.

• 2Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm sitting in a sports bar in Vegas, and I'm shocked at some of these Super Bowl odds.

Browns have better odds, 60-1, than the Seahawks at 70-1. And the 49ers have moved all the way to 12-1

And I think the Browns take Barkley first

• 2Worf
If the Browns take Barkley at 1, tomorrow is not going to be pleasant here in Cleveland.

In today's high velocity, high mass game, RB's ain't what they used to be. Doing amazing things in college as a RB where you are sometimes literally playing against kids who are just getting their first whiskers -- has zero to bearing on what playing against the fast slabs of meat the NFL has on offer.