2018 Winter Olympics

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
nYGg07S.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Well thank God they're on top of the really important stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I for one am sick of all these against all odds, adversity, hardship stories. They just make me laugh and think, if that's your idea of having it tough, you really must be in for a shock should things actually get bad. I know it's media amping it up but still.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I for one am sick of all these against all odds, adversity, hardship stories. They just make me laugh and think, if that's your idea of having it tough, you really must be in for a shock should things actually get bad. I know it's media amping it up but still.
I was watching one of the speed skating events last night and they did a little blurb about some girl that took a hard fall a year ago and STRUGGLED to get back in form for the games this year due to her "bruised knee".

The FIRST commercial that came up after was the Para-Olympic one.

Some cheeky fuck in a Producers booth must have had a laugh about that one.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
At least the snowboarding has been interesting, going from Shaun White to figure skating was jarring as fuck

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know a lot about snowboarding but Shaun White's gold medal run was insane. Everyone likes an underdog but when somebody comes in as the favorite, the best in the world throw everything they have at him, and he just elevates to another level it's so fucking impressive.

Also, he audibly said "fuck" twice on NBC which is sort of an accomplishment.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only thing worse than watching ice skating is watching skaters fall on their asses and listening to the announcers say that you score more points for trying difficult things and failing than for perfectly performing easier moves.

How fucking retarded is that shit? It just goes to show that holistically scored events are inferior in every way to directly competitive ones.

It's also not really true except in the most ridiculous extremes. Yes, failing a triple axel as a woman is probably worth more points than perfectly landing some piss-easy move, but generally speaking if you fall on your ass you're out of medal contention. The men's free skate this year is a great example of an extreme outlier because it featured two dudes who fell taking gold and silver while a dude who skated a perfect program took a bronze. Rippon scored a bronze because he had a fairly low difficulty program and didn't even attempt a quad, while Chan and Kolyada both attempted and landed theirs.

Incidentally, the first woman to ever land a triple axel during competition (89) and in the Olympics (92) fell during her program but I challenge you to watch it and tell me she didn't earn that silver.

Mirai Nigasu nailed a rare female skater triple axel. It is fucking amazing. Highly recommend checking it out.

Funny thing is she's not the first American woman to land a triple axel in competition, just the first one to do it in the Olympics. First American woman to land a triple axel was Tonya Harding, who was also the first woman to land two in the same competition, and she remains the only other American woman to land one in international competition.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
First American woman to land a triple axel was Tonya Harding, who was also the first woman to land two in the same competition, and she remains the only other American woman to land one in international competition.
tumblr_p1kiruyYD31up42jgo1_540.gif

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I am always a fan of the Olympics and especially the lesser Winter Games.

I usually only care about the Ski/Snowboard events and am hoping Alex Hall and Gus Kenworthy can bring it. Obviously want Lindsey Vonn to win as well.

What events are you guys looking forward to?

Sorry that all the people you liked have lost

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users