2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trading Rosen and spending another first round draft pick on a different quarterback sounds like the masterstroke of a GM who wants to be remembered unfavorably for eternity.

If they know Rosen is a dud after having him there for a year is the better move to lose out on a QB they might feel will be a great player and watch mediocrity for however long till they cut Rosen? The current HC didnt have a hand in drafting Rosen and maybe he doesnt fit what he wants to do either? Seems to me there's plenty of reason to make that scenario happen.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Failing with back to back first round quarterbacks would make you a laughing stock for a good long time I would think and I don't know if Murray is a sure thing either. I didn't pay much attention during the season, is Rosen really that bad?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Failing with back to back first round quarterbacks would make you a laughing stock for a good long time I would think and I don't know if Murray is a sure thing either. I didn't pay much attention during the season, is Rosen really that bad?

I think the Cardinals were to terrible to give Rosen a shot either way. There was nothing to work with. Horrible Oline.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I don't think anyone outside of Arizona saw the Cardinals in more than two games last season.

The assumption going into the season was that no one could succeed with that Oline; even controlling for that, the consensus seems to be that he wasn't good.

Arizona Cardinals 2018 Season Recap | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus notes that he only had an 80.9 QB rating when he wasn't pressured, which was _43rd_ for the season.

Now, I do believe (and believe everyone else believes) them being vague on Rosen is just trying to get more for that #1 pick... but it's not inconceivable they would bring in someone else either.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think they only possible scenario they draft Murray 1st overall is if they have someone lined up to trade for Rosen. Of course they won't get a 1st for Rosen, but someone may be stupid enough to give them a 2nd for him (I bet they could get Denver to do it!)

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man, to be that young. That's why it's rough on RB's though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Naxi Qayreon

Trakanon Raider
Cut my leg off for 45 million. He'll be ok. This just makes Bell's case to get a ridiculously large contract much harder to attain. Get fucked Bell.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know that it completely explains the super bowl but he clearly wasn't at the same level of play after week 14.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit that is crazy. I've never seen a spread like that before.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
From Bleacher...

"In terms of [Oklahoma quarterback Kyler] Murray, people are beginning to believe almost universally he will indeed be the No. 1 pick in this draft by the Arizona Cardinals," NFL Network's Kimberly Jones reported before Saturday's sessions (via NFL.com's Jeremy Bergman). "In fact, teams picking in the top 10 believe they'll have no chance of drafting Murray. He's not the biggest quarterback in the world, but he is a very big presence at this combine." [/]

Rosen to the Pats confirmed!