2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think that's a risk that'll pay off.
He's going somewhere. He has a better starting record than many of the current NFL QBs. He's also not overwhelmed in the big moments. He will be good for a team as long as they scheme to his strengths.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I doubt it happens but i'll laugh my ass off if no team trades for him and they end up on the hook for 25ish million.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I doubt it happens but i'll laugh my ass off if no team trades for him and they end up on the hook for 25ish million.
That would be funny and a disaster for the Eagles. Both for their salary cap and also for Wentz' confidence.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Raiders get one more year of playing in a baseball stadium.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm

While he would obviously be the best receiver on the 49ers, all of this drama really makes me hope they don't go after him. Especially since the price will probably just be too high. I mean, he is going to be what, 31 to start next season? Giving up anything more than a 3rd for him is just too much for a team that is in serious need of a lot of building blocks. And even if they do offer a draft pick, I would want it to be next years instead of this year since this years picks are all early on. The hope would be next years would be more mid round.

Anyway, I just don't know that I want this to happen.

If you really cared about the playoffs and winning a SB would you really choose SF? What a waste of talent.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If you really cared about the playoffs and winning a SB would you really choose SF? What a waste of talent.

A normal human should have "winning" no higher than #3 on their priority list.

1. Family
2. Themselves
3. Winning/Their team

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty stoked on this. Bengals play @ Raiders this season. Gonna be awesome to see the Bengals in that stadium.
I'm curious to see how the seating will be for the Football field. That is a really cool stadium though.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I'm curious to see how the seating will be for the Football field. That is a really cool stadium though.
No idea how that stadium will work out, but this is how they did it in Oakland.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
If he plays next year, having Hunt and Chubb in the backfield is pretty interesting.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Assuming he gets drafted in the first round, he's almost guaranteed to make double the money he would have made in MLB, assuming there were no further contracts. Depending on how high he goes, he could get eight times what his MLB contract was -- all guaranteed. That's a significantly higher ceiling. So, in some ways, it's a safer play, at least financially.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user