2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

Sterling

El Presidente
Not just minors, but your MLB contract until you get to arbitration isn't great either. As a young dude it's basically your signing bonus for getting drafted high that's a thing, then you need to make through to arbitration and if you're a good player then you make bank.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
And if he fails at football, he'll have pocketed that money and still could probably try to make it into the MLB (assuming his NFL life is four years).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
I can see him dropping out of the first round to be honest. I know it sounds crazy but it wouldn't surprise me.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If he drops past Giants, Jags, and potentially the Broncos there is no way Miami will pass on him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
The reason I was told he likely will go in the first is because the first round comes with a 5th year option that has great upside for a QB? Ravens and Jackson were the example given.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I can see him dropping out of the first round to be honest. I know it sounds crazy but it wouldn't surprise me.
I don't think its crazy with his height and how stupid teams are locked into physical attributes.

Kaines

Potato Supreme

He will be a first round pick.... And will be the starting QB of the San Antonio Commanders by 2024.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does this thread traditionally have "NFL" in the title somewhere?

• 1Solidarity

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
What a great day for the Browns. Needed a kicker, signed Kareem Hunt problem solved. And Kyler Murray going all in on football means a better prospect getting pushed down to us at 17 once he’s overdrafted.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even Herbstreit is saying Kyler Murray is a top 8 talent at QB and his height wont be an issue. Kiper thinks the same, said he could go anywhere from 5-12. The Giants could definitely take him.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Even Herbstreit is saying Kyler Murray is a top 8 talent at QB and his height wont be an issue. Kiper thinks the same, said he could go anywhere from 5-12. The Giants could definitely take him.

Oh Lord, PLEASE let the Giants take this midget in the first round. NOTHING would make me happier.

Sterling

El Presidente
Is it possible that he could be great and that him being 2 or 3 inches shorter than any successful QB in the last 50 years won't be an issue? Of course it's possible, but to say it's not a huge risk is crazy talk. The other issue I have with seeing his interviews is I think the dude might legit lose a spelling bee to Frank Gore or my shoe.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
My question is, how many QBs at his height have been tried in the NFL. Or has this height barrier kept them from trying?

Kyler is a special athlete. He has an arm and his body motion generates tons of torque for his size. He can easily throw the ball 60 yards in the air with pin point accuracy, from the pocket or on the run. A lot of his throws are roll outs where his height doesn't matter. If he can get a line that opens throwing lanes, like Brees' does he can be a force. Add that he has insane speed and he can hit that top speed so quick, you add another facet to your offense.

He might do nothing. He might get killed and be the next RG3, but there is a potential here... And for some teams that have been wallowing at the bottom for years, they need a spark. Kyler can give it and give it day one.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
My question is, how many QBs at his height have been tried in the NFL. Or has this height barrier kept them from trying?

Kyler is a special athlete. He has an arm and his body motion generates tons of torque for his size. He can easily throw the ball 60 yards in the air with pin point accuracy, from the pocket or on the run. A lot of his throws are roll outs where his height doesn't matter. If he can get a line that opens throwing lanes, like Brees' does he can be a force. Add that he has insane speed and he can hit that top speed so quick, you add another facet to your offense.

He might do nothing. He might get killed and be the next RG3, but there is a potential here... And for some teams that have been wallowing at the bottom for years, they need a spark. Kyler can give it and give it day one.

Doug Flutie is widely regraded as the shortest sucessful QB in history... and he was 5'10". Drew is 5'11". Opening throwing lanes isn't the issue, as even Tom Brady would rather throw around D-lineman than over them and risk getting a pass knocked down. The issue is that the throwing lanes are the ONLY way Kyler will see downfield. You don't have to cover 80% of the field when he can't even see it.

Sterling

El Presidente
  • 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
  • 1Truth!