2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

Oh boy. Per Schefter, the league will now "gather relevant informant to open its investigation against Houston." The Texans had requested permission to interview Caserio for their general manager vacancy for the second time in as many years. The Pats denied it in 2018. It was unclear what they intended to do this time around. Now we know. There had been rumors that the Texans pink slipped Brian Gaine with Caserio specifically in mind, and the Pats believe something untoward happened. There was debate about whether the Pats could actually block an interview, though league rules are vague on such front office matters. It would seem to be a promotion for Caserio, but the Pats successfully argued in 2018 that it was a lateral move, It's more "in the family" drama for coach Bill Belichick and one of his ex-assistants. If found guilty, the Texans could lose draft picks and be fined.
-source

Great, just great.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
In case anyone is looking for jerseys, Dicks is having a really good promo. You can sign up for the newsletter to get 10% off and stack that on their current 20% off promo with free shipping. I picked up a limited jersey for 118 out the door.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Couchy

Molten Core Raider

Really sad news for the Bowlen family, Broncos organization, and the Denver community. Hall of Fame voters should be ashamed they put Jerry Jones in before him. Saw a reddit post with crazy stats of his ownership: since 1984, when he bought the team, the Broncos had as many AFC championships as they had losing seasons, 7. As well as a .598 winning percentage, which is 5th best in American sports.

Alzheimers really sucks. Hit my family hard, and it hit his even harder. Im pretty worried about the battle for who gets ownership of the team now. His kids have already been feuding publicly amongst themselves and with the trust running the team now.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Was having breakfast this morning in Scottsdale and noticed Kyler Murray sitting at the next table over.

Not a big dude but I hope he does well.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
KC sports radio host (and part station owner) says Andy Reid is not a good disciplinarian on the field due to the fact his child died of OD.

JFC

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
KC sports radio host (and part station owner) says Andy Reid is not a good disciplinarian on the field due to the fact his child died of OD.

JFC

Guys that do sports radio are the biggest blowhards who's only qualification over a random fan is the fact they have a microphone

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Couchy

Molten Core Raider

JFC

Holy shit... They really need listeners that bad? That seems like something that would lose them access to the team

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Guys that do sports radio are the biggest blowhards who's only qualification over a random fan is the fact they have a microphone
Which is why I refuse to listen to any of them. I don't understand how people like Stephen A Smith & Skip Bayless have shows, and people actually take them seriously. It's a fucking joke.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Which is why I refuse to listen to any of them. I don't understand how people like Stephen A Smith & Skip Bayless have shows, and people actually take them seriously. It's a fucking joke.
Those 2 were actual reporters at one point. Then they realized that being sensationalist shitheads and spouting verbal diarrhea makes for ratings and multimillion dollar cable contracts.

• 2Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Those 2 were actual reporters at one point. Then they realized that being sensationalist shitheads and spouting verbal diarrhea makes for ratings and multimillion dollar cable contracts.
Wasn't Bayless the one that wrote a book and in it claimed that Troy Aikman was gay. And he did it with absolutely no facts?

Sterling

El Presidente
Wasn't Bayless the one that wrote a book and in it claimed that Troy Aikman was gay. And he did it with absolutely no facts?
No idea. Wouldn't be surprised if he did and that he had no real proof. Also wouldn't be surprised if Aikman is actually gay either.

• 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, here is an article about it

What Skip Bayless Really Wrote About Troy Aikman
Troy Aikman is pissed at Skip Bayless. He told Sports Illustrated’s Richard Deitsch that Bayless, who’s now his coworker at Fox, is neither “talented,” “respected,” nor “credible.” Why is Aikman mad? “In a book (Hell-Bent) on the Dallas Cowboys in the 1990s,” Deitsch wrote, “Bayless made an unsubstantiated claim that Aikman was gay.”

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If he was just looking for a gay QB to out, why didn't he go with the smart money and talk about Garcia? I'm tellin ya, TO and Garcia were lovers.

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Bengals dealt a blow, Jonah Williams out for the year from shoulder injury during practice.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This is like the fifth straight first round pick to miss most or all of their rookie season. Fucking injuries.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Definitely like All or Nothing more than Hard Knocks.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like