2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
This is wrong from what I've read. He needs to come back after week 6(final 8 games) in order for the year to count. If he comes back after week 7 he risks getting an arbitrator ruling that he wasn’t on the roster long enough to get credit for the contract year.

Yep I am not sure what I was hearing then sorry for the confusion, apparently after 3 years you are considered a vet even on a rookie contract. Damn I was hoping what I thought I heard was the case but they must have been theorizing on 2nd year guys since they would be stuck. Either way Cowboys hold the cards he cannot miss 2 years and think he can come back, not with his civilian record of getting into trouble.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Much higher chance of murder. But like 20% of the city is safe and dope. Awesome music scene, nice weather, quality beer. I try to go over there once a month.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yes, but the Oakland stadium itself is pretty crappy.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I want to travel to see an NFL game this year, any suggestions on the coolest city and stadium to visit? I have my own opinions on what teams I want to see so forget that, what city’s and stadium experiences can you guys recommend, or suggest I avoid (Oakland)

Only one off the table is Seattle.

Thanks!

Lambeau would probably be my suggestion. Never been there but it's fucking Lambeau, one of the holy grails of American sports.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Lambeau would probably be my suggestion. Never been there but it's fucking Lambeau, one of the holy grails of American sports.

Browns stadium is right on the shore of Lake Erie, on the North side of a nice downtown. you can get upper deck seats that allow you to look out over the lake. Cleveland is a great city to spend a couple days in. Rock n Roll Hall of fame ok, but I would focus on the food aspect of C-Land. We have a fantastic bar/restaurant scene. And there are two huge bonuses to Cleveland:

It's cheep
It's not supercrowded.

edit just googlemaps factory of sadness

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
If you're doing a football-centric trip, or just for the gameday, then Lambeau is a cool place to go, and I'm sure there's some extra hoopla with this being their 100th season. If you're doing more of a trip with an NFL game tacked on, Green Bay isn't the greatest destination, especially if its October or later.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
sorry, that is if the Cowboys use the full roster exemption.

Last edited:

SyKicK

Trakanon Raider
I want to travel to see an NFL game this year, any suggestions on the coolest city and stadium to visit? I have my own opinions on what teams I want to see so forget that, what city’s and stadium experiences can you guys recommend, or suggest I avoid (Oakland)

Only one off the table is Seattle.

Thanks!

Not sure what other sports you are into, but if you are flying into a city for a football game you should see if you can catch another sporting event ie hockey or basketball.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yes, but the Oakland stadium itself is pretty crappy.

"Pretty" crappy? It's the worst stadium in all American sports.

And lol at going to Cleveland. Only two or three NFL cities would be worse. Chicago is pretty awesome due to locale of the stadium. But the weather can be terrible unless it's early in the season. I would suggest one of the three new state-of-the-art stadiums - Dallas, Atlanta, or Minnesota. Minnesota in particular looks fucking awesome.

• 2Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Dunno if every stadium has tours but the tour at jerry world is pretty cool. If it was me I'd go someplace like Lambeau for the history

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
"Pretty" crappy? It's the worst stadium in all American sports.

And lol at going to Cleveland. Only two or three NFL cities would be worse. Chicago is pretty awesome due to locale of the stadium. But the weather can be terrible unless it's early in the season. I would suggest one of the three new state-of-the-art stadiums - Dallas, Atlanta, or Minnesota. Minnesota in particular looks fucking awesome.

If it's not too late in the season, I'd definitely recommend Minnesota. I visited the stadium and surrounding area recently and it was great. Minneapolis/Saint Paul also has several awesome breweries to visit.

• 1Like

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I came to suggest coming to Minnesota. The stadium is so fucking dope and the city is gorgeous before the snow. Don't come after mid-November but do come and drink some beer!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

49ers can't catch a fucking break with injuries. All the reports from training camp have said he has been amazing so far, so of course he gets hurt.

Hopefully he is ready for the opener...

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
also, who's ready for some pre-season injuries.

Over/under, 3 season ending injuries in pre-season

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
also, who's ready for some pre-season injuries.

Over/under, 3 season ending injuries in pre-season
Pretty sure there have already been a couple. Or are you just talking about pre-season games?

• 1Like