2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
WC
Colts over Texans
Chargers over Ravens
Bears over Eagles
Cowboys over Seahawks

Divisional
KC over Colts
Patriots over Chargers
Rams over Bears
Saints over Cowboys

Conference Championships
Saints over Rams
KC over Patriots

SB
Saints over KC

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I feel like this is the first year where any team in the playoffs has a legitimate shot at the Superbowl. So many teams have flaws that many matchups are coin flips.

Colts over Texans.
Cowboys over Seattle
Chargers over Ravens
Bears over Eagles

I will not be at all surprised if any of these games end differently.

Seahawks have a better QB and coach but Cowboys have a better defense and are at home. Hopefully Seattle wins for America.

I hope Chargers finally decide to not be losers and win it all.

Last edited:
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Here's my horrible picks that will be done by tomorrow when the Texans and Bears both lose

WC Round

AFC
3 Texans over 6 Colts
5 Chargers over 4 Ravens

NFC
3 Bears over 6 Eagles
5 Seahawks over 4 Cowboys

Divisional Round

AFC
1 Chiefs over 5 Chargers
3 Texans over 2 Patriots

NFC
1 Saints over 5 Seahawks
3 Bears over 2 Rams

Conference Championships

Texans over Chiefs
Bears over Saints

Super Bowl

DAAAAAAAAA BEEEEEEEEARS

• 1Cutler

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like this is the first year where any team in the playoffs has a legitimate shot at the Superbowl.

Legitimate shot sure, but I think we're still looking at pretty strong odds of yet another 1st seed vs 1st seed Superbowl. I will say if any wild card team is gonna make it to the big game, I'd bet on the Colts by virtue of how sharply they turned the second half of their season around to even make the playoffs in the first place. But most of the playoff teams this year have had some serious consistency issues on one side of the ball or the other this season, and it's no surprise that the two teams that have played the most consistently all year long are the two top seeds.

I like the Bears defense but their offense has been all over the place this season and I don't see them beating the Rams again, or beating the Saints.

I classify the Rams and Chargers as being 'good but not good enough' this year. Now obviously they're in the playoffs so they're still very much in contention, I just see them as a weaker version of their respective top seeds.

The Patriots* look rough as hell compared to previous years, but I didn't bet against Jon Jones* at UFC 232 and I won't be betting against the Patriots* in this post-season.

The Texans are a joke. That offensive line is a sieve and they *might* squeak past the Colts but no chance do they make it past the divisional round, let alone the conference championship.

Colts are looking at an unforgiving slog to the Superbowl, and frankly I just don't think Luck has it in him with his only consistent offensive weapon being the injury prone Hilton.

Cowboys. lol. I'm not gonna rule them out, but Prescott is a shmuck and I don't think his receivers can keep bailing him out for the entire post-season.

Eagles, Ravens, and Seahawks are all mediocre teams that I see making first round exits, although it's possible Dak will choke in round 1, giving the Seahawks a chance to lose in the second round instead.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Legitimate shot sure, but I think we're still looking at pretty strong odds of yet another 1st seed vs 1st seed Superbowl. I will say if any wild card team is gonna make it to the big game, I'd bet on the Colts by virtue of how sharply they turned the second half of their season around to even make the playoffs in the first place. But most of the playoff teams this year have had some serious consistency issues on one side of the ball or the other this season, and it's no surprise that the two teams that have played the most consistently all year long are the two top seeds.

I like the Bears defense but their offense has been all over the place this season and I don't see them beating the Rams again, or beating the Saints.

I classify the Rams and Chargers as being 'good but not good enough' this year. Now obviously they're in the playoffs so they're still very much in contention, I just see them as a weaker version of their respective top seeds.

The Patriots* look rough as hell compared to previous years, but I didn't bet against Jon Jones* at UFC 232 and I won't be betting against the Patriots* in this post-season.

The Texans are a joke. That offensive line is a sieve and they *might* squeak past the Colts but no chance do they make it past the divisional round, let alone the conference championship.

Colts are looking at an unforgiving slog to the Superbowl, and frankly I just don't think Luck has it in him with his only consistent offensive weapon being the injury prone Hilton.

Cowboys. lol. I'm not gonna rule them out, but Prescott is a shmuck and I don't think his receivers can keep bailing him out for the entire post-season.

Eagles, Ravens, and Seahawks are all mediocre teams that I see making first round exits, although it's possible Dak will choke in round 1, giving the Seahawks a chance to lose in the second round instead.

Dak is a terrible QB and can never win anything.
Dak is expected to lead his team to a playoff win.

Cowboy Hater Derangement Syndrome in action.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dak is a terrible QB and can never win anything.
Dak is expected to lead his team to a playoff win.

Cowboy Hater Derangement Syndrome in action.

If the Cowboys beat the Seahawks, it won't be from "Dak leading his team to victory".

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

I agree with most everything you are saying. Chargers are a solid all around team whose offense has played like shit the last couple weeks. Guess we see which teams shows up.

I think the Eagles are getting it together and starting to play well but it might be to little to late.

Last edited:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It's nut cuttin time for dak. He's either a leader or we need to start looking for his replacement. He can lean on zeke for some playoff wins to make up for his lack of skill, but that's going to require him to make good audibles and protect the ball. He's shown he can do one of those things at a time.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Then neither can he "choke" if nothing is expected of him.

I never said 'nothing is expected of him'. He has consistently made bad throws during the back half of the season and been bailed out by his receivers making exceptional catches. He's still capable of making WORSE throws, which would be choking.

• 1Picard

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I never said 'nothing is expected of him'. He has consistently made bad throws during the back half of the season and been bailed out by his receivers making exceptional catches. He's still capable of making WORSE throws, which would be choking.
Jump to 2:00

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I haven’t watched a single Texans game this season and watching this one I am unsure how they made it to the playoffs.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Dunno why you're so butthurt that you felt the need to whinge about my comments when I was significantly more positive about the Cowboys than I was about several other teams I commented on.

I haven’t watched a single Texans game this season and watching this one I am unsure how they made it to the playoffs.
Texans look lost out there

The Texans are a joke.

huhuhu

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Colts O-line owning this game.

Also, I hope the Seahawks win because I hate Skip Bayless.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Colts O-line owning this game.

Also, I hope the Seahawks win because I hate Skip Bayless.

Everyone in Dallas hates him too, but I accept this as a legitimate reason to root against the Cowboys.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Everyone in Dallas hates him too, but I accept this as a legitimate reason to root against the Cowboys.

Also I don't hate the Cowboys, I just like ragging on Cowboys fans. The Cowboys are a reasonably solid team this year who earned their place in the playoffs, but Prescott is a weak link.

• 1Like