2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
AFC North and NFC East rejoice. You all get 3 free wins by playing the AFC East this year. It's not the 5 free wins the Patriots get, but it's close.

Pats get 12 free regular season wins every year, then another 3 free playoff wins. Tough life, this life.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>

Nice, another guy who didn’t win a high school state championship, or college championship? Although Duke would have to win the college football playoff this year after Jones has left to truly have the Manning effect.

Look forward to him crapping his pants in the first round of the playoffs in 70% of his seasons, or being heralded for Bob Sanders and Von Miller’s play.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Been wasting a bit too much time looking at mock drafts for some reason. As a Redskins fan I must say the only thing I would be immediately pissed about is if we draft a WR or DT at 15. so we definitely will.

countless trades could make me cry too but its hard to predict that.

I am WAY too excited for the draft. I kinda miss being offseason champs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I can't even get excited for the draft anymore. This used to be the best time of the season for Rams fans but after this last "Super"bowl I don't give a fuck who we draft. 3 fucking points.

Fuck. Thanks for ruining football Lambs. (How long does a 3 point Superbowl showing hangover last anyways? No need to answer, I already know.)

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Alabama makes a fortune off their football program

Clinton-Dix tweeted Thursday that Alabama is holding his degree because he owes $1 on his account balance from the 2018 spring semester.

If I was him I'd just refuse to pay the $1 and let them keep the degree. It's not like he has any use for a worthless degree in communications or some shit at this point.

• 1Leg Drop

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The Seahawks agreed to trade Clark to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for a first-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, a 2020 second-round pick and a swap of third-round picks in 2019, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday, via sources informed of the transaction.

Not long after the trade, Rapoport reported Clark agreed with the Chiefs to a new five-year contract worth a whopping $105.5 million with $63.5 million guaranteed.

hefty price to pay for him

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The entire thing seems odd to me. The Chiefs release Justin Houston, trade Dee Ford for a 2nd, then turn around and give away a 1st and a 2nd for Clark.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I think trading a 1st round pick for a young, proven commodity is not bad. Dee Ford was worthless against the run; if this guy is average against the run and produces similar sack numbers as he has the past few years, its an upgrade. Don't know how I feel about paying him so much, but the Chiefs want to win now while Mahomes is on his rookie contract.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Clark and a Ford on chiefs dLine would be great. Clark alone with no one on on the other side? Teams are gonna neutralize him pretty quick.

They inked him to 5years too. So at about the 3 year mark is when Mahomes gonna paid! Clark will get cut then.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Ford's position in the 3-4 went away with the scheme change, and he was a liability against the run. Chiefs are moving to a 4-3, so the line will be Clark, Nandi, Jones, Okafor w/ Speaks and a couple others rotating in. That's actually a pretty good defensive line. Remains to be seen if the change benefits the play of Hitchens and Ragland but that's what others have speculated. Need more secondary help for Mathieu.

Just need a serviceable defense if the offense can produce, that would be a significant upgrade over last year.

Less concerned about salary, at the rate the cap is increasing. This time next year his cap hit will probably be a single digit % of the Chiefs total cap - not unreasonable for one of their best defensive players.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
No charges for Tyreek Hill or his girlfriend.

A crime occurred, but the DA is declining to litigate. They can't prove who did it beyond a reasonable doubt and local agencies will continue through the regular process of ensuring the child is properly cared for.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Thats not the final scene of "In the Name of the Father"-style exoneration I was hoping for. I don't know what to make of all this.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He still has to deal with Goodell, which I can imagine him going after Hill pretty hard.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Another extension for Big Ben. Just stop playing already so the Steelers can suck again.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
PFT is reporting that they basically both are pleading the fifth. What a couple of shit-sacks.

The DA didn't say they invoked the 5th, just that he can't prove it the crime (note that Florio doesn't actually offer a quite reflecting this). That means that yeah, they invoked the 5th, or they're blaming each other, or there's some other unprovable circumstance (child fell, etc).

Not sure why they aren't both charged with a lesser crime then, so think there's more to it than 'child hurt while both were home'

Florio's a bit overzealous with stuff like this.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I hope the Chargers pick up linemen on the 1st and 2nd round and LBs the rest. Maybe with a TE in the 3rd or 4th.