2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This has to be something the organization is struggling with.

The 8 year age difference is pretty big. How many years does Stafford even want to play? Then what? A possible 27 year old franchise qb fell into your laps vs sticking with a guy that is one injury away from hanging it up.

Baker on the other hand should think long and hard about the same thing, he likely will get a better offer and one to start, but it's pretty obvious he probably won't thrive with sub par coaching.

I think he takes a starting opportunity somewhere else but it will be very interesting to see how this all turns out a few years from now.

All things said I think prime Stafford is better than Baker but I'm not just looking at next year.

That’s the kicker. Prime Stafford is long past but what can they do? They are in a tough spot and while Baker would be smart to stay, money and opportunity are just too high elsewhere. I think he’s a great fit though.

A bunch of QBs are on their last leg. I’m ready for them to leave too. Time for the next group to make some new stories. I’m tired of that fool Brady but he’s still better than about 30% of the league. At least he provides entertainment unlike Russ.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That’s the kicker. Prime Stafford is long past but what can they do? They are in a tough spot and while Baker would be smart to stay, money and opportunity are just too high elsewhere. I think he’s a great fit though.

A bunch of QBs are on their last leg. I’m ready for them to leave too. Time for the next group to make some new stories. I’m tired of that fool Brady but he’s still better than about 30% of the league. At least he provides entertainment unlike Russ.
There's the rub too every front office is under extreme pressure to win now so they'll sacrifice the future for the short term.

Even though they may make the wrong decision the majority of time they'll continue to make the same calls every time.

I was 100% against moving on from Warner but this situation is not the same at all.

Frankly I wonder why Stafford even wants to come back at this point. He has his ring and the odds of another championship are very low.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
There's the rub too every front office is under extreme pressure to win now so they'll sacrifice the future for the short term.

Even though they may make the wrong decision the majority of time they'll continue to make the same calls every time.

I was 100% against moving on from Warner but this situation is not the same at all.

Frankly I wonder why Stafford even wants to come back at this point. He has his ring and the odds of another championship are very low.

It’s crazy how things have changed. Warner was 32 there and 33 at NY. They couldn’t wait to dump a very good QB and today retards are paying guaranteed money and 40+ million contracts to middling talent older than that and guys who can’t keep their dicks in their pants. The entire world has went clownshoes.

• 1Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Last off season was crazy and i'm looking forward to even more craziness this offseason. What happens to all these over the hill QBs with crazy contracts. howmany would swallow their pride and turn into flacco-style veteran backups. I expect the ones with big contracts are all too selfish smart to retire unless they first get cut or injury settlements to keep their guaranteed monies. but I know nothing

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You probably don't become one of 32 NFL starters without having an outsized ego so its even more amazing to see someone like Luck retire in their primes.

They'll all hold on way too long if given the opportunity.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I’m tired of that fool Brady but he’s still better than about 30% of the league.
I don't think you're giving Bowles enough credit for how shitty of a coach he is. Brady would probably still be putting up top ten stats under Arians, or basically ANYBODY other than Bowles.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
All things considered, Dobbs didnt look horrible. Certainly better than what we have seen from Willis.

gak

<Gold Donor>
All things considered, Dobbs didnt look horrible.
I heard he got straight A's, and his parents drove a car.

straight-a.jpg

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I don't think you're giving Bowles enough credit for how shitty of a coach he is. Brady would probably still be putting up top ten stats under Arians, or basically ANYBODY other than Bowles.
Last year Tom was playing at an MVP level - arguably better than Rodgers. One year later he's a bottom half of the league kind of QB - that's how badly things have turned.

While Bowles sucks, our OL has been decimated. Also note, while he is the HC, Leftwich is really in charge of the offense, so a lot of blame needs to rest on his shoulders - I think this season would have turned out differently for the Bucs if Leftwich had taken that Jags job instead

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Leftwich is really in charge of the offense, so a lot of blame needs to rest on his shoulders
Is he? Does it? Leftwich won a Super Bowl with Arians in 2020 and they went to the NFC Championship in 2021...remind me how that game ended again?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I think a lot of it does sit on Leftwich. Jooka's joke has a ring of truth in it I think - Arians being around as head coach had a lot more control and influence over the offense. Now that Arians is gone, and since Bowles is a defensive HC, he doesn't really influence the offense - it's Leftwich's show to run.

Look at other defensive HC's around the league - do any of them really influence the offensive playcaling? Up until McDaniels left NE for example, BB really didn't mess with that side of the ball.

I don't want to defend Bowles, because he sucks as a HC, but his biggest mistake was letting Byron keep his job after the bye. He had plenty of justification to do it too - with the worst rushing team ever in the history of the NFL, and the statistical regression of Tom would have been plenty reason to move on

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wasn't the Championship game though.
My bad, the divisional and then they would have had the 6th seed Niners in Tampa for the Championship. And hell maybe the Rams would have won in overtime anyway, but the Bucs were damn hot in the second half and the Rams were struggling.

Regardless, cover-zero blitz in the position they were in is one of the single worst playcalls in NFL history. At least there is followable logic behind Carroll's decision to pass on the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl, even if everyone disagree with it. Cover-zero blitz against the best blitz QB in the league with 26 seconds left, no timeouts, and ~20 yards to go before you get to the outer range of a kicker who had already missed from 45 earlier in the game is just indefensible, despite Arians pathetic attempts to cover for Bowles.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
How much of it is on Brady to tho, he runs the offense as much as Byron does with no one keeping either of them in check. The only time you see Bowles over ride them is when they punt or not, which actually was the right choice against the Saints, yet the disgust on Brady's face when he did it was plain as day.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I mean its a good point - its hard to distinguish how much of this is Byron vs Tom. Brady's game is very reliant on a stable OL and the OL has been real bad all year with injuries and shitty play (Donovan Smith is probably the worst LT in the league).

I also know Brady likes being coached up, and Byron's personality isn't that - comparatively though Bruce's personality/coaching style was that - he coached everyone hard including Brady. I think Tom needs that pressure of accountability to perform well and he's not getting it from the current set of coaches.