2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Remember, the actual broadcast said they were waiting for his mom. Which means the guys in the Tunnels learned this and it trickled up to the booth, meaning they were there awhile and it makes zero
Sense but now they say he’s at the hospital and alive so who knows. I just can’t imagine having someone who don’t breathing on their own, in critical condition and you wait for family

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The most likely scenario that I have become to embrace more and more is that nobody there had any idea what the fuck to do and probably made as many stupid decisions possible.

I think this is correct. I wonder who they contract at the game for EMT services. Quality or price? Gotta imagine they hire people likely to just transport broken bones not the best emt crews who should be focusing on real trauma

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm trying to come up with scenarios that ethically justify the delay in the parking lot which means dismissing logical assumptions like that.

Could the parents stop it? If they had power of attorney? Would be pretty stupid, but who knows.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm trying to come up with scenarios that ethically justify the delay in the parking lot which means dismissing logical assumptions like that.

Speed to the hospital isn't always the top priority in a medical episode like it would be in a traumatic arrest.

ACLS is the same for Dr's as it is for paramedics and there are very legitimate reasons for not rushing when there's other things that need to be done that are higher priority

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Could the parents stop it? If they had power of attorney? Would be pretty stupid, but who knows.

That would be pretty much unheard of a healthy guy in his early-mid 20s to have his parents as durable power of attorney, and they'd have to have the paperwork on them. That's something you'd only see in advanced cancer or some other terminal illness

Zero chance this is what happened.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speed to the hospital isn't always the top priority in a medical episode like a traumatic arrest.

ACLS is the same for Dr's as it is for paramedics and there are very legitimate reasons for not rushing when there's other things that need to be done
I concede that you're much more familiar with the subject matter, just seems strange that delivering the patient to a higher level of care wouldn't outweigh most other concerns once you've actually got them into the rig.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I get a 'died peacefully, surrounded by friends and family' vibe coming later tonight.
Cardassia will never forget her greatest hero.

1672720341046.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I concede that you're much more familiar with the subject matter, just seems strange that delivering the patient to a higher level of care wouldn't outweigh most other concerns once you've actually got them into the rig.

There's a few things you can fix right then and there which you'd want to do ASAP even if it means delaying transport by a bit.

Like a heart rhythm called torsades de pointes that I've seen in younger people that can cause cardiac arrest. You want some sort of line in them and magnesium on board right now instead of driving 15-20 min just so someone else can do the same thing.

Not saying they didn't fuck up, just that there's legitimate reasons to delay transportation. And in my experience, when things are going poorly you can't get to the hospital fast enough to make it someone else's problem

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Cybsled

That seems to be a contradicting statement - would they put in a breathing tube if his vitals were normal? I really hope he's alright.

From what I have read, even if the vitals are stable after a cardiac arrest, they still will keep a person intubated and sedated while they run tests, then they will slowly try to reduce sedation to see if there are any issues with the brain/etc.

• 3Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
yeah his life is more important than the game. no fucking shit, every sane person feels bad and wants the best for him. all the virtue signaling makes me hate humanity more and more. HEY EVERYONE IM A GOOOD PERSON HERES A LINK TO HIS CHARITY I ALREADY DONATED LIKE SO MUCH. PLZ THINK IM A GOOD PERSON AND GIVE ME LIKES. fuck off nobody cares about how much of a good and caring person you are. its expected, it does not need to be broadcast.

edit: this should mostly be directed to my in-laws on facebook, but I still want to go to the family BBQs so im venting here.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Off the top of my head
1. He asked them to wait and they decided that it was worth it for him to calm down. If they were even waiting on his mother, which I highly doubt.
2. Traffic. Probably not this since it was the 1st quarter. I'm sure the parking lots and surrounding streets weren't jam packed. But maybe.

That's aside from the many potential medical reasons that you and I have no clue about.

Yeah, I get a 'died peacefully, surrounded by friends and family' vibe coming later tonight.

what're ya thinking, maybe around 2 AM?