2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Mickey Loomis confirmed Dennis Allen will be Saints head coach next year so no Payton/Brady hook up there.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I can see why Brady would be interested in being with Payton but I really don't know why Payton would want to hook up with Brady. What, he gets maybe another year or two of top 10-15 play out of him? And then he has to get a new QB, which he failed to accomplish in New Orleans before bailing out?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Staley would probably be a lot less hated if he had the tiniest shred of humility. Don't even have to go as far as saying 'yeah i fucked up on something any moron with no more experience than a fantasy league would have gotten right' but at least something trite like 'well we are always trying new things and to think outside the box and sometimes that bites you'. Far from perfect but has to be an improvement over the nonsense he actually defended himself.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I can see why Brady would be interested in being with Payton but I really don't know why Payton would want to hook up with Brady. What, he gets maybe another year or two of top 10-15 play out of him? And then he has to get a new QB, which he failed to accomplish in New Orleans before bailing out?

Unless he thinks he could fix Russ, or gets a shot with Herbert, not seeing where he goes that isn't QB needy. Especially when the team that gets him will have to fork over a 1st round pick to get him.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Different sport, but in the Shaq Docuseries on HBO an episode or two ago he talked about getting a deep thigh bruise when playing in Miami in one of the last meaningless games of the season. He said he went to Stan VanGundy and told him Phil would shut me down and get me some rest at this point and Stan said no way. They ended up losing to the Pistons in the Easter Conference Finals because Shaq wasn't 100%.

Coaches can be dumb as fuck with shit like this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Staley's only regret was not being able to keep him in for a 4th and 20 call on their own two yard line.

• 1Rustled

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unless he thinks he could fix Russ, or gets a shot with Herbert, not seeing where he goes that isn't QB needy. Especially when the team that gets him will have to fork over a 1st round pick to get him.
Realistically no team will pay that though. The Cardinals and Broncos are the only teams I could see offering a higher pick though.
More "sources" Hard to imagine him stepping away before the core retires.

Dislike. I wanted to see the Rams suck even more.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bateman looks legit but dude is always hurt. Arguably as bad a WR group as the Bears. I don’t think Lamar wants out I just think he wants top dollar like Wilson and Murray just got.

I think with Mooney and Claypool Bears' WR's better overall.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Again...why would you make receivers a high priority when your QB is Lamar Jackson? Who cares how stacked the WR talent coming out of college has been when your QB is Lamar Jackson?

You mentioned Brown and Bateman so you know that they've already spent first round picks on receivers in two of the last four years, so what more do you expect? They picked 27th the year that Chase, Waddle, and Smith were up for grabs, 28th the year that CeeDee Lamb and Justin Jefferson went through. The names of the 2022 receivers don't really jump out at me but four of them were already gone by the time the Ravens went 14th so I assume the best prospects were already gone.

For all the hate Lamar gets, he's still a decent passer. Never going to set the world on fire doing it, but if you don't give him anything to work with other than Andrews, what would be expected anyways?

But they pretty much blew the 1sts they did spend on WR (unless Bateman gets healthy next year and blows up going forward)...and that's even with Hollywood turning out to be pretty good (plus they got a late 1st back as part of his trade). As for the other WR available, year they picked 27th and took Bateman the next WR off the board was Elijah Moore, and Amon-Ra St. Brown went in Round 4 of that draft I believe. Lamb/Jefferson year Tee Higgins went early 2nd round, so did Michael PIttman, and guys like Claypool/Gabe Davis/Mooney went later on.

Even the draft where they took Hollywood Brown in...Deebo, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, and Terry McLaurin all went outside Round 1. This past year guys like Dotson, Burks, Watson, and Pickens all flashed that went after pick 14.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy

not gonna lie, Payton on the Chargers would be scary

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This is how the encounter would go if they met Brahma IRL.
buster keaton GIF
Lol bro you think Brahma Brahma would be able to see them from 5 ft away?!?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bruh, as a Cowboys fan, you should see this loss to Tompa Bay coming from a mile away. I can feel it in my bones.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

New OT rules take effect for any who had forgotten

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users