2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Chiefs fans are way faggier than I realized.

Fly Eagles fly.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
When I saw that moron shove Mahones while out of bounds I literally shouted "What a fucking moron. He is so fired. He single-handledly just lost this game!"

I mean, there was a lot of shit called against The Bengals, but that shove was never not going to be called, ever.

Also, I have always disliked that primping peacock Kelce, and he just cemented my opinion of him. What a complete asshat. Too bad he is an amazing tight end and receiver in general.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So that leaves it to where the officials get to decide what penalties to call
There's definitely no way that would ever affect a major sports' league though. Especially one where the referees don't make a great salary and have jobs in the off-season.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
There's definitely no way that would ever affect a major sports' league though. Especially one where the referees don't make a great salary and have jobs in the off-season.

I know an NFL ref personally, he reffed one of the super bowls. He is the father of my wife's best friend and Ive been to his house a few times. Seen the photos, mountains of memorabilia, game balls, rings, etc. in his very large home office.

These guys do the ref thing for the fun, for the memories and for cocktail stories, not for the paychecks. He is a very well to do lawyer as his main job.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
These guys do the ref thing for the fun, for the memories and for cocktail stories, not for the paychecks. He is a very well to do lawyer as his main job.
Exactly. Thanks for backing up my point that major sports leagues are basically incorruptible because these guys are having a shitload of fun just doing what they love.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
After watching Mahomes play all game on one leg, I'm going to be truly pissed if the Ravens give Lamarr a fat contract when he couldn't even be bothered to make the trip for possibly the most important game of his career.
Really puts the entitled pieces of shit like Jackson into perspective.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Bengals are gonna score 25 more points?
Happy Amazon GIF by NFL On Prime Video

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After watching Mahomes play all game on one leg, I'm going to be truly pissed if the Ravens give Lamarr a fat contract when he couldn't even be bothered to make the trip for possibly the most important game of his career.

Not to play devil's advocate, but wasn't Lamar's injury more serious than Mahomes'?

Also, there are plenty of other actually legit reasons to NOT give Lamar a fat contract.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Exactly. Thanks for backing up my point that major sports leagues are basically incorruptible because these guys are having a shitload of fun just doing what they love.

Your point was that refs are easily bribed when in fact it's the opposite.

The last thing this ref would do is take a bribe because the access is more valuable to him than the money. I suspect that's the case for almost all of them.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Your choices are either give the second rate shitbag a first rate contract or spend a couple years building back to a more traditional offense instead of one built around a quarterblack.

• 1Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Your point was that refs are easily bribed when in fact it's the opposite.

The last thing this ref would do is take a bribe because the access is more valuable to him than the money. I suspect that's the case for almost all of them.
Almost everyone is corruptible. That said I don’t feel like the heavy handed refereeing was likely a sign of that. It was more likely just sheer incompetence.

• 1Like