2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The timing of the hit does seem pretty contextually relevant. If he was just walking on the sideline or jogging around long after the play ended, it would seem a lot different.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I don't think anyone is saying there's zero possibility this is vaxx related.

But plenty of people in this thread were very quick to TOTALLY ignore the massive hit to the chest.
There are plenty of people ready to discard the vaxx completely offhand BECCAUSE OMG TRUMP MAGA REPUBLICAN LOL.

Just read a few posts above.

I'm of the mind that we don't know, we'll probably never know, but ruling out vaccine related event while saying commotio cordis is possible is some dumb shit from people who've never run a line of statistical probability in their life.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The timing of the hit does seem pretty contextually relevant. If he was just walking on the sideline or jogging around long after the play ended, it would seem a lot different.
Correct. The cardiac event however could have been triggered by a burst of adrenaline from said hit, not necessarly from the hit itself. Like i said, we'll probably never know.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
tckt2.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Doesn't work.

Grinning guy should be the anti vaxxers because they're like "LOOK WE TOLD YOU SO", literally jubilant that a potential death can be used to justify their qanon conspiracy nonsense. Crying ladies are NFL/FIFA and any sane person who just sees a human tragedy and isn't using it to point scare on a forum for washed up EQ boomers. Bandana guy is saying "ouch that was a heavy tackle" AND NOT SHOULDER CHARGING INTO ANY HASTY CONCLUSIONS!!!!!!

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Doesn't work.

Grinning guy should be the anti vaxxers because they're like "LOOK WE TOLD YOU SO", literally jubilant that a potential death can be used to justify their qanon conspiracy nonsense. Crying ladies are NFL/FIFA and any sane person who just sees a human tragedy and isn't using it to point scare on a forum for washed up EQ boomers. Bandana guy is saying "ouch that was a heavy tackle" AND NOT SHOULDER CHARGING INTO ANY HASTY CONCLUSIONS!!!!!!
You're wrong.

Good news, tho. Playoffs are going to be lit!

• 1Picard

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You fucking people.

That happened in 2018, well before anyone was dropping dead from the clot shot. Tell me that Boban doesn't exhibit almost the exact same behavior as Hamlin after getting hit in the chest with the soccer ball.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
Doesn't work.

il_794xN.2918236402_ovvn.jpg

• 1Faggotry

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You fucking people.

That happened in 2018, well before anyone was dropping dead from the clot shot. Tell me that Boban doesn't exhibit almost the exact same behavior as Hamlin after getting hit in the chest with the soccer ball.
Similar in some ways (ignoring that its soccer for the moment) but still way more drawn out. That guy collapsed much more slowly and was on hands and knees for a bit before laying flat and croaking. Damar literally stood up, took one step, and completely collapsed. Still an absurdly rare to the point of unlikely event, though. Prior to the jabs how many people actually have died during a soccer game period, let alone from a cardiac related cause?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

You fucking people.

But, but, but you don’t understand! Dr PsyOp and Mike502783 on Twitter said only the rona vax could cause this!!!

• 2Worf

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The better match is softball / baseball hits, though moat of those are youth

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Here’s what would need to happen:

Lions tie the Packe
Seahawks tie the Ram
Commanders beat the Cowboy

If that happens, here’s what the Wild Card standings would look like for that final spot

Lions: 8-8-1
Packers: 8-8-1
Seahawks: 8-8-1
Commanders: 8-8-1

Yes, a four-way tie for the final playoff spot. So who gets in? Let’s take a closer look at the NFL playoff tiebreaking rules:

Whenever there is a tie between more than two teams for a Wild Card spot, a tiebreaker must be conducted to make sure there is only one team represented per division. The Lions and Packers are the only two teams from the same division, and the Lions would have the head-to-head tiebreaker from their earlier win over them.

Packers: out.

And then there were three: Lions, Seahawks, and Commanders.

Let’s use the exact tiebreaking procedure from the NFL website:

1. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

- The Seahawks have defeated the Lions, but they didn’t play the Commanders, so that is not applicable.
- The Lions played both the Commanders and Seahawks, but split that series, so that is not applicable.
- The Commanders lost to the Lions but did not play the Seahawks, so that is not applicable.

Onto the second tiebreaker:

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

- If the Lions tie, they’re 6-5-1 in the conference
- If the Seahawks tie, they’re 5-6-1 in the conference
- If the Commanders win, they’re 5-6-1 in the conference

BOOM, Lions are in the playoffs.

Of course, this would all require two improbable ties, and a Commanders—who are currently 5.5-point underdogs and have nothing to play for—win over the Cowboys. But what’s wrong with a little dreaming?

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Similar in some ways (ignoring that its soccer for the moment) but still way more drawn out. That guy collapsed much more slowly and was on hands and knees for a bit before laying flat and croaking. Damar literally stood up, took one step, and completely collapsed. Still an absurdly rare to the point of unlikely event, though. Prior to the jabs how many people actually have died during a soccer game period, let alone from a cardiac related cause?

There is a Wiki page for deaths of Soccer players while playing
Starts in 1889 so might just be pre vax info.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Boban was standing the entire time. Hamlin was on his hands and knees with his head lower than his chest after the hit, then stood up straight. Dramatic change in body position caused a more dramatic collapse.

Lacrosse is actually the sport it's most infamous for happening in since kids are pretty blase about blocking the ball with their chest. Kid in Maryland went into V-fib after a hit to the chest in 2021 but was revived with an AED. He described the brief moments after the hit as

“I remember taking a couple steps, and then I remember getting super dizzy,” Laake said. “I don’t even remember starting to fall. I just remember getting dizzy, and then I sort of blacked out.”

Which is consistent with Boban and Hamlin's events. In 2012 a kid in New York died during a Lacrosse match after a ball to the chest.

I'm not denying the dangers of the clot shot and I'm also not denying that Commotio Cordis happening to adults is rare to the point of utter absurdity, but the sequence of events here line up perfectly with impact-induced V-fib. Yes, it's never happened in the NFL before (as far as we know) but everything is unprecedented until it happens for the first time.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Here’s what would need to happen:

Lions tie the Packe
Seahawks tie the Ram
Commanders beat the Cowboy

If that happens, here’s what the Wild Card standings would look like for that final spot

Lions: 8-8-1
Packers: 8-8-1
Seahawks: 8-8-1
Commanders: 8-8-1

Yes, a four-way tie for the final playoff spot. So who gets in? Let’s take a closer look at the NFL playoff tiebreaking rules:

Whenever there is a tie between more than two teams for a Wild Card spot, a tiebreaker must be conducted to make sure there is only one team represented per division. The Lions and Packers are the only two teams from the same division, and the Lions would have the head-to-head tiebreaker from their earlier win over them.

Packers: out.

And then there were three: Lions, Seahawks, and Commanders.

Let’s use the exact tiebreaking procedure from the NFL website:

1. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

- The Seahawks have defeated the Lions, but they didn’t play the Commanders, so that is not applicable.
- The Lions played both the Commanders and Seahawks, but split that series, so that is not applicable.
- The Commanders lost to the Lions but did not play the Seahawks, so that is not applicable.

Onto the second tiebreaker:

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

- If the Lions tie, they’re 6-5-1 in the conference
- If the Seahawks tie, they’re 5-6-1 in the conference
- If the Commanders win, they’re 5-6-1 in the conference

BOOM, Lions are in the playoffs.

Of course, this would all require two improbable ties, and a Commanders—who are currently 5.5-point underdogs and have nothing to play for—win over the Cowboys. But what’s wrong with a little dreaming?
Sjsu Theres A Chance GIF by San Jose State Spartans

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
As for the delay in the parking lot, I seriously wonder if the medics found the white shit in his veins or not. That would definitely be an oh shit moment for a lot of people pushing this shit.

Then you're seriously retarded.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Even that source... just look at 2021 compared to literally any other year (and admittedly, it appears to have trended upward since 2000) and ask yourself what conclusion you should objectively draw? NFL Football has had only one prior death in it (ironically from micarditis related causes) and there are some cardiac deaths in Rugby (and a shitload of concussion related issues). Dudes taking a steap and dropping literally (or clinically in Damars case) dead is basically completely unheard of, happening only twice in the near century history of the professional sport. I get the I rolling from the mudbloods, but trying to completely dismiss it on the heels of all we know have confirmed lately is just some tiresome shit. Again, I am prepared to say it could have been the hit (or as Brahma pointed out, pork the nemesis of black men the world over), but I sure as shit am not taking any official line on this without a lot of skepticism.

• 1Pathetic