2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Again, I am not ruling the vax like this guy does, but his explanation of CC from the impact does put it as the most plausible. My understanding of most of the Soccer deaths is that they just collapse and there is no impact. As always I am willing to have my mind changed via facts.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So how do they make this game up so close to the seasons end ?

My guess is that they don't. It will probably just be a non game for both teams. Does the NFL have a rule about how much of a game has to be played in order to call it official?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
What a tragedy….

I think they will just skip the game and pick seeds based on win percentage. I hate to say this as a Bills fan who would now lose the 1st seed unless the Raiders beat KC which seems unlikely.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Numbers game. There is currently less than 2k players in the NFL vs. millions of high school/college players. Expand that over time and you're looking at less than 100k vs. 100s of millions or even billions.

A 1 in a million chance thing is more likely to occur when the numbers you are looking at get that high

That's exactly what I mean, though. Eventually even the smaller number will see a case.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gavin your 10% could be anything from a well thought out answer to absolute insanity. In the end, it was bound to happen eventually.
I wasn't trying to be a dick, just the way you phrased things came very close to also being the explanation for why it never happens in the NFL.

Cybsled

My guess is that they don't. It will probably just be a non game for both teams. Does the NFL have a rule about how much of a game has to be played in order to call it official?

The seeds will get fucked up if they just nullify the whole thing. Bills have a game Vs. the Patriots currently scheduled for this Sunday as well.

It seems the last time a NFL game was suspended due to injury was like 80 years ago, so there really isn't any precedent

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wasn't trying to be a dick, just the way you phrased things came very close to also being the explanation for why it never happens in the NFL.

Fair enough, and almost never now, which was the whole point. Has there been any real updates in the last 24 hours? I heard a snippet from an interview with his uncle I guess who just said he had improved from where he was, but that's pretty vague.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I don't think anything new has come out beyond what the uncle claimed. They'll likely keep him sedated and on a vent until his circulation has sufficiently improved. That could still take some time.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Everything I've heard says no news is good news as they cool his body, is how they put it. Soonish they will start to bring him out of it and start running tests on his brain and stuff.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Fair enough, and almost never now, which was the whole point. Has there been any real updates in the last 24 hours? I heard a snippet from an interview with his uncle I guess who just said he had improved from where he was, but that's pretty vague.
A report a saw last night said that he went from 100% on the ventilator to 50% which is a really good sign.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
A report a saw last night said that he went from 100% on the ventilator to 50% which is a really good sign.

Yeah, that's what his uncle mentioned. If that's the case and he pulls through, a big concern is going to be around potential brain damage. A lot of that tends to depend on how much time passed between the cardiac event and when they hit him with the AED. Hopefully it was a short window.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
It seems the last time a NFL game was suspended due to injury was like 80 years ago, so there really isn't any precedent

The precedent doesn't have to be due to injury. Has a game never been called early because of weather? I know in baseball there's a certain inning it has to get to to be official. I wonder if the NFL has a rule like that. If not, they may just call the game finished and award the win to whoever was ahead.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
In the 1970's a player died on the field of a football game due i think to cardiac arrest (have not looked up the particulars), they carted him off, then resumed play.

patriots preseason darryl stingly, got Demolished- broke his neck, permanently paralyzed from neck down, carted off, resumed game.

etc.

the mentality of football players is ,,,keep playing. which is why i don't agree with the hate diggs was getting about him trying to get his team mates back into football mind set. because he thought- like probably most of the players on the field- the game will continue, once the game was called, he was the First player to the hospital.

• 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
In the 1970's a player died on the field of a football game due i think to cardiac arrest (have not looked up the particulars), they carted him off, then resumed play.

patriots preseason darryl stingly, got Demolished- broke his neck, permanently paralyzed from neck down, carted off, resumed game.

etc.

the mentality of football players is ,,,keep playing. which is why i don't agree with the hate diggs was getting about him trying to get his team mates back into football mind set. because he thought- like probably most of the players on the field- the game will continue, once the game was called, he was the First player to the hospital.
Yeah, the story I shared last night about a teammate getting paralyzed and dying a year later. That game resumed as well.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
OK there are those precedents, and I agree with them. But the game was paused/postponed so that ship has sailed. What's the precedent for what to do now? If they can, I think they should declare it a full game.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have a feeling it's going to not count as a game. Bengals and Bills finish with 16 game seasons. The would really fuck over the Ravens because that means the Bengals automatically win the division. And it also just hands the #1 seed to the Chiefs while the Bills didn't do anything to deserve losing it.

Even awarding a tie to both teams for the game automatically hands the AFCN division to the Bengals. Either way the Week 18 matchup becomes mostly pointless for the Bengals because they're likely locked into the #3 seed.

Or the least likely outcome - they reward the Bengals the win. In which case Week 18 is still important for seeding for all the top teams.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

etc.

The Lions player in 1971 had a heart attack with like a minute left in the game. It happened during a commercial break and the NFL wasn't the entertainment juggernaut that it is today. I imagine serious injuries were much more common in those days, and between the recent wars and ongoing one people weren't as soft as they are today.

As for Stingley's injury in 1978, they likely didn't realize the full extent of it on the field and it's plain that nobody on your garbage ass franchise gave a shit about Stingley anyway because it's a well known story that the first visitor he got in the hospital was Madden.

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Eisen had Florio on earlier and they went over all the options, it really is about choosing the best bad choice out of a bunch of bad choices. I'll post it up once it hits youtube.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
In other NFL news, Sam Howell will get the start for the Commanders.

• 3Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users