2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Sure is a lot of bitching over who gets the honor of losing to Cooper Rush in the Super Bowl

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes, that was my point. Chiefs could not have been #1 if week 18 was the same and the Bengals-Bills game was completed.

That's why I'm saying they should be included in the neutral field options with the Bengals and Chiefs.

No, Alex was correcting the point that the Chiefs finishing 14-3 by virtue of their week 18 win means that if the Bengals had beaten the Bills, both Buffalo and Cincy would have finished 13-4, leaving the Chiefs as the #1 seed.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
No, Alex was correcting the point that the Chiefs finishing 14-3 by virtue of their week 18 win means that if the Bengals had beaten the Bills, both Buffalo and Cincy would have finished 13-4, leaving the Chiefs as the #1 seed.
That is embarrassing. I somehow was thinking the Chiefs had four losses. I'm a great fan. I'm going to blame all their shitty late season close games against bad teams.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That is embarrassing. I somehow was thinking the Chiefs had four losses. I'm a great fan. I'm going to blame all their shitty late season close games again bad teams.

All good. It definitely COULD have gotten crazy if the game had been completed. If Cincy beats Buffalo, then the #1 seed would have been in play between all 3 going into week 18, which Chiefs in the driver seat only needing to win. Cincy would have then needed a Chiefs loss and a win, while Buffalo would have needed both Chiefs and Cincy to lose while beating the Pats.

On the other hand, had Buffalo beaten Cincy, then AFC North would have been in play between Baltimore and Cincy, with Baltimore then likely not resting a bunch of people and playing their backup QB over their 3rd stringer...although still probably a long shot to expect them to win that game without Lamar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Conspiracy theory time. The league is going to milk the hell out of Pray for Damar. Chiefs and Bengals fans get ready to rage at the amount of non-calls when you play Buffalo.

I'm not mentioning Miami because Buffalo shouldnt need help to beat the Dolphins.

I put $200 on Bills to win it all. It’s a win/win (at least if the bills/KC play each other). I of course won’t feel bad if KC wins and if the Bills win, I’ll get a new warhammer army. Dat Katrina effect is too good.

If the Bengals win and go to the Super Bowl I’ll bet on whoever they play because Alex will jinx em and not go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Might as well... playoff predictions.

AFC

Bills vs Dolphins
Bengals vs Ravens
Chargers vs Jaguars

NFC

49ers vs Seahawks
Giants vs Vikings
Cowboys
vs Bucs

I wonder, if the Giants keep him (which they'll probably do), what the extension for Daniel Jones will look like? A lot of people have been positive about him this year but that's largely from the record. I don't know that he's truly much better this year. He's a poor man's Andy Dalton at best, so if they sign him to a lengthy extension I think that just ends up being an albatross.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Might as well... playoff predictions.

AFC

Bills vs Dolphins
Bengals vs Ravens
Chargers vs Jaguars

NFC

49ers vs Seahawks
Giants vs Vikings
Cowboys
vs Bucs

I wonder, if the Giants keep him (which they'll probably do), what the extension for Daniel Jones will look like? A lot of people have been positive about him this year but that's largely from the record. I don't know that he's truly much better this year. He's a poor man's Andy Dalton at best, so if they sign him to a lengthy extension I think that just ends up being an albatross.
I’m taking your picks too

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Might be a giant tangent as the playoffs start, but...

Tim Tebow. Is there a good write up (or video) documenting exactly why he was so dominant in college, but so, so shitty in the pros? I mean, I get that you can get away with different things at the college and pro levels, but you'd think the people who vote on Heisman trophy winners (especially sophomores) realize what those actions are, and accordingly don't reward someone with a Heisman for pulling shit that doesn't fly at the pro level.

Or is there some other explanation? God just didn't have that in Old Tim's plan?!

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cowboys vs Bucs
I'm struggling to pick a winner in this game. As bad as the Bucs have been this year, their biggest issues have been consistency as a team from one quarter to the next. The argument for them is that Brady still always seems to have a few big plays on offense every game. And they are at home too.

On the other hand, Dak is now 6-7 straight games with a pick, at least 2 of which were house-called. I just don't trust him, especially on the road against a guy that they just can't beat (0-7 vs Brady).

• 1Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider

Tim Tebow. Is there a good write up (or video) documenting exactly why he was so dominant in college, but so, so shitty in the pros? I mean, I get that you can get away with different things at the college and pro levels, but you'd think the people who vote on Heisman trophy winners (especially sophomores) realize what those actions are, and accordingly don't reward someone with a Heisman for pulling shit that doesn't fly at the pro level.

Or is there some other explanation? God just didn't have that in Old Tim's plan?!
Winning the Heisman has zero to do with how well their skills translate at the next level.

As for why he didn't do well, he had a strong arm but couldn't make all the throws. He also wasn't all that accurate either. In college, you can get away with those things because the talent gap and/or coaching can often be extremely wide from one week to the next. In the NFL, you're going up against the best of the best of the best so the margin for errors and inaccurate passing is much, much smaller.

The name of the game in college is Ws so you can compete for titles. Do that and the individual accolades will follow, which is exactly what happened to Tebow. DCs at the NFL level though are paid to expose and exploit your weaknesses, which is also what happened to ole Timmy as well.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Last edited:

DickTrickle

I'm struggling to pick a winner in this game. As bad as the Bucs have been this year, their biggest issues have been consistency as a team from one quarter to the next. The argument for them is that Brady still always seems to have a few big plays on offense every game. And they are at home too.

On the other hand, Dak is now 6-7 straight games with a pick, at least 2 of which were house-called. I just don't trust him, especially on the road against a guy that they just can't beat (0-7 vs Brady).
The Bucs offense has just never looked on track the entire season. They were something like 23rd in the league at 18.2 points per game, and only 26 points away from being at the bottom. I just don't think they have the offense. As long as Dak doesn't have his turnovers right by the Cowboys goal, I think even a flawed team like the Cowboys should come away with the victory.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

My theory is that you don't know what the fuck the Heisman is

• 2Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If people could accurately predict how players would perform at the NFL level, players like Zach Wilson and Mitch Trubisky wouldn't go 2nd overall while Tom Brady went 199th and Kurt Warner went undrafted.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I recall that people used to mention Tebow had a good skill set for the NFL, but not for the QB position. Julian Edelman was a college QB but in the NFL he did great at the receiver role. Tebow was unwilling to do anything but QB

• 2Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
My theory is that you don't know what the fuck the Heisman is
I just think it's interesting that the guy who people are calling the best, most dominant college football player of all time couldn't hack it in the NFL. Not even a little bit.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
AFC
Bills
vs Dolphins
Bengals vs Ravens
Chargers vs Jaguars

NFC
49ers vs Seahawks
Giants vs Vikings
Cowboys vs Bucs

• 1Like