2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I just think it's interesting that the guy who people are calling the best, most dominant college football player of all time couldn't hack it in the NFL. Not even a little bit.

People said that?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I just think it's interesting that the guy who people are calling the best, most dominant college football player of all time couldn't hack it in the NFL. Not even a little bit.

Doesn't mean an award for the player who had the best college season should factor in what they might do years later in a completely different league

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
AFC:
Bills
Bengals
Jaguars

NFC:
49ers
Vikings
Cowboys

Lions ruined my previous prediction, I still hold true to Jerry Jones having a heart attack hoisting the Lombardi Trophy while people in here are torn between being happy Jerry is dead, mad the Cowboys won the Superbowl and captain super spreader will tell us how Jerry didn’t die because of the vaccine.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had the most hits on my work softball team. Im pretty much a lock for the MLB all star team.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tebow probably isn't even in the top ten of that list.

As for Heisman winners since Tebow, it's plainly not some clear indication of future NFL success.

DeVonta Smith - off to an ok start with the Eagles
Joe Burrow - first ballot HoF induction if the turnstiles he plays behind don't force him into early retirement
Kyler Murray - too early to call him an outright draft bust but he's an undisciplined clown who can't perform when it matters
Baker Mayfield - Promising start derailed by an incompetent franchise that let him play through an injury, whether he gets back on track or putters out probably depends on where he ends up next year
Lamar Jackson - Initially seemed like the best yet of the 'Black running back with an arm' archetype, but with two seasons in a row cut short by injury who knows if he'll even surpass Newton
Derrick Henry - future hall of famer
Marcus Mariota - No real success, but not bad enough to be out of the league yet.
Jameis Winston - Put up a lot of numbers just by heaving the ball and praying, but was a turnover machine, never got the Bucs to the playoffs, and now can't stay healthy
Johnny Manziel - lol
Robert Griffin III - who knows if Shanahan ruined him or if he was always made of glass, but he plainly can't stay healthy playing at the NFL level
Cam Newton - It's sad that this gutless coward will probably end up in the HoF because of his skin color.
Mark Ingram II - Solid but unexceptional RB
Sam Bradford - Mediocrity and injury prone is not a great combination

Heisman winners actually get significantly worse beyond this point, 2003 wasn't even drafted.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
another season of the reality show "What's Aaron Rodgers gonna do" gonna start soon. I think we're in season 4 now

• 1Like
  • 1GreNeg

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Tebow probably isn't even in the top ten of that list.

As for Heisman winners since Tebow, it's plainly not some clear indication of future NFL success.

DeVonta Smith - off to an ok start with the Eagles
Joe Burrow - first ballot HoF induction if the turnstiles he plays behind don't force him into early retirement
Kyler Murray - too early to call him an outright draft bust but he's an undisciplined clown who can't perform when it matters
Baker Mayfield - Promising start derailed by an incompetent franchise that let him play through an injury, whether he gets back on track or putters out probably depends on where he ends up next year
Lamar Jackson - Initially seemed like the best yet of the 'Black running back with an arm' archetype, but with two seasons in a row cut short by injury who knows if he'll even surpass Newton
Derrick Henry - future hall of famer
Marcus Mariota - No real success, but not bad enough to be out of the league yet.
Jameis Winston - Put up a lot of numbers just by heaving the ball and praying, but was a turnover machine, never got the Bucs to the playoffs, and now can't stay healthy
Johnny Manziel - lol
Robert Griffin III - who knows if Shanahan ruined him or if he was always made of glass, but he plainly can't stay healthy playing at the NFL level
Cam Newton - It's sad that this gutless coward will probably end up in the HoF because of his skin color.
Mark Ingram II - Solid but unexceptional RB
Sam Bradford - Mediocrity and injury prone is not a great combination

Heisman winners actually get significantly worse beyond this point, 2003 wasn't even drafted.

QB's = PROBABLY not going to be great NFL prospects.

RB = Probably will make it in the NFL

Nija

<Silver Donator>
People said that?
Yeah. More recently with the hall of fame stuff, but yeah, there have been a few articles.

I'm not interested in those, and people are missing the point. What, specifically, made him suck donkey dick in the pros? Who has written about THAT, besides a few people in the last few pages on an Everquest guild message board in 2023?!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

The OL has been solid this year outside of the first two games of the season. This is a tired and inaccurate take.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
if being barely out of the top 5 sacked inaccurate, sure.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Ok Muurloen.

First two weeks were terrible. And then there was the Halloween Browns travesty when I didn't even think I was watching the Bengals. The OL by all accounts was respectable in pass protection the majority of the year.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
First two weeks were terrible. And then there was the Halloween Browns travesty when I didn't even think I was watching the Bengals. The OL by all accounts was respectable in pass protection the majority of the year.

And the lion's share of the credit belongs to Burrow, not to your OL.

In his rookie season, Burrow was the third most blitzed QB in the league, averaging 13.8 blitzes a game. This season Burrow is one of the least blitzed QBs in the league, averaging 6.7 blitzes per game. I didn't check all of them because it's too much work, but I'm pretty sure the only starter who played at least 10 games and got blitzed less often than Burrow was Fields. His pocket time dropped sharply between 2021 and 2022 also, I know he was dealing with injured receivers throughout the season but he's plainly getting the ball out of his hands MUCH faster.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok Muurloen.
Awkward Season 9 GIF by The Office

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Eisen and Andrew Whitworth talking about next year, interesting one to me was Mac Jones getting traded away. Which he would become a pretty big target for the Raiders I would assume, provided there is no Brady in there future. While I can see Brady potentially wanting to play with McDaniels again but would he really want to go into that division?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Sean Payton back in NO with Tom Brady. (Is what I'd do if I was Tom)

He stays in dogshit division but with a better coach and team.

• 2Like