2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I love Derek Carr giving a big fuck you to the Raiders. Might be my new favorite player.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I really did not have a dog in the fight on this, but the fucking constant ball gargling of Mahomes by everyone and lopsided officiating actually had me pulling for the Eagles by the end. And the officiating was bad in that game. They had been letting shit go like that all fucking night, but then at the end they call it all of a sudden?

Where were they letting defenders tug in the back of a receivers jersey all night? If a ref sees that they call it, it’s not even really a judgement call. It only doesn’t get called if it goes unnoticed due to angle or ref looking somewhere else. If that jersey tug wasn’t there then I’d agree with you, the contact wasn’t really more than anything else in the game.

Plus KCs O Line is never called for holding ever (this carried over from the Bengals game).

I didn’t see any egregious offensive holding by either team, did either of them get an offensive holding call?

But to me the biggest standout was the ticky tack substitution call to let Reid take more time to decide to challenge early on. I have NEVER seen anything close to that happen before.

Lol seriously? They substituted and didn’t give the chiefs time to respond. The big thing to you was that they gave them time to challenge, which only hurt them? Ok.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Keep in mind, you're arguing with a mentally retarded man who eats fried butter at the Wisonsin state fair.

Don't you know, if the referee misses an obvious defensive holding call early in the game, they shouldn't be allowed to call an obvious holding call later in the game because that's just not fair.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I love Derek Carr giving a big fuck you to the Raiders. Might be my new favorite player.
I don't even see it as a fuck you. The stipulations are what the Raiders agreed to and there's zero reasons why Carr should give them up. It's not like teams will undercut their interests to help a player, so there's no reason he should undermine his interests to benefit a team that gave up on him.

I'm glad that it seems he'll be able to go where he wants. I've always felt he's just kind of had bad luck in his career and even this season that team could have easily had 3-4 more wins.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really did not have a dog in the fight on this, but the fucking constant ball gargling of Mahomes by everyone and lopsided officiating actually had me pulling for the Eagles by the end. And the officiating was bad in that game. They had been letting shit go like that all fucking night, but then at the end they call it all of a sudden? Plus KCs O Line is never called for holding ever (this carried over from the Bengals game). But to me the biggest standout was the ticky tack substitution call to let Reid take more time to decide to challenge early on. I have NEVER seen anything close to that happen before.
The whole entire way the "challenge" system works is absolute bullshit anyways. If it's truly about "justice" and "getting it right", why the fuck is there a way to short circuit that by running a play as fast as humanly possible? The fact that you give teams a way to "game" the system and circumvent the ENTIRE point of the whole fucking thing in the first place is straight retarded.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Kelce screaming about how nobody thought they could win was just fucking stupid. They've been close to the favorites for 4 years now. STFU.
It happens every year. You can pretty much set your watch to it. I don't know if all coaches just tell them that or if it's ingrained somehow but after every Superbowl someone has to say "Nobody outside our locker room believed we could do it!". You even heard it from the Patriots during the Brady years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol seriously? They substituted and didn’t give the chiefs time to respond. The big thing to you was that they gave them time to challenge, which only hurt them? Ok.
I watch a lot of Joggerball, even the terrible thursday night games. I have NEVER seen something like that play out.

As for the holding, yeah I get it big money QB who is hobbling the refs are not going to call much holding, but there was some clear tackle from the back shit that really needed to be flagged. And to be clear, that issue is not unique to KC. It seems like all big money QBs who are dinged up get a pass on holding way too much, Rodgers included.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
But to me the biggest standout was the ticky tack substitution call to let Reid take more time to decide to challenge early on. I have NEVER seen anything close to that happen before.

Love how dumb people think the fact that they don't know basic rules means something shady is going on.

lol "ticky tack substitution call" Holy shit you're retarded

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

The always existed rule where the defense is given time to match substitutions is TICKY TACK BULLSHIT

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
lol, it’s nice to see that this game and it’s shitty ending is inspiring so much hate and divisiveness. Just like the performance of the black national anthem intended 👍

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If they want consistency in that substitution shit, then they need to make it so the ref gives a signal for when its ok to snap and assess a 5 yarder if they snap prior. But to someone elses point, the gaming of the challenge system needs to be dealt with as well. I didn't think there could ever be something gayer than "icing the kicker" but here we are.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
They were 1.5 point underdogs. Everyone picked them to lose the AFC championship before they picked them to lose the Superbowl.

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The always existed rule where the defense is given time to match substitutions is TICKY TACK BULLSHIT
I watched five games a year a week and never saw anything like that sequence. But the other take on all of that is that the Eagles clock management was Mike McCarthy levels of bad. They were constantly riding the delay of game boundary (something else that needs addressing by the rules committee) and if they want to rush the snap, there is zero reason to do anything other than rush up to the line with who you have on field and spike the ball. Plenty of blame to go around there, but out of the normal reffing always sucks the joy out a game.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Also as entertaining as the game was, it was basically a track meet. Very little effective Defense was played on either side, which is why one fumble decided the entire game.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If they want consistency in that substitution shit, then they need to make it so the ref gives a signal for when its ok to snap and assess a 5 yarder if they snap prior. But to someone elses point, the gaming of the challenge system needs to be dealt with as well. I didn't think there could ever be something gayer than "icing the kicker" but here we are.
They do that all the time, they usually have a ref up in there right at the center to stop them from snapping until enough time has been given. In this case the offense was rushing to get the play off and didn’t have a chance to before they snapped it. A little bit is on the refs for being slow in getting up there, but realistically it’s such a nothingburger that there’s really no reason to even complain about it, let alone call it one of the worst cases of bad reffing of the night. All it did was give chiefs more time to decide to challenge previous play, which ended up hurting them.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I watched five games a year a week and never saw anything like that sequence. But the other take on all of that is that the Eagles clock management was Mike McCarthy levels of bad. They were constantly riding the delay of game boundary (something else that needs addressing by the rules committee) and if they want to rush the snap, there is zero reason to do anything other than rush up to the line with who you have on field and spike the ball. Plenty of blame to go around there, but out of the normal reffing always sucks the joy out a game.

You've seen refs holding the ball or standing over it and not allowing a snap many times in every game you've ever watched.

Blame the Eagles for not all being on the same page, but there's absolutely zero gray in the refs giving the Chiefs a chance to match substitutions

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Also as entertaining as the game was, it was basically a track meet. Very little effective Defense was played on either side, which is why one fumble decided the entire game.
True, even most of the “stops” seemed to be offenses fucking up. Chiefs secondary is astoundingly bad, how many 3rd and longs did they give up?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the black national anthem
Thankfully the terrible reffing in the Conference Championships had already convinced me to skip the Super Bowl this year so I didn't have to behold this sad pandering retardation.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, think Kelce's comments were borne from expectations they'd lose to the Bengals (for a 4th time in about a calendar year) and how the discussion all week about how good the Eagles are and anything about the Chiefs was just about Mahomes' ankle.

A number of pundits didn't even have the Chiefs making the playoffs, w/ so much fixation on Tyreek Hill leaving and the illusion of the other AFC West teams improving. Then in a 'retooling year' they ended up w/ an even better offense. Pacheco broke 1000 yards for the season as of the end of the game, he and Skyy Moore both rookies w/ TDs in the Super Bowl. Hell of a roster put together by Veach this year, and quite the gameplan they were able to execute in the Super Bowl.

On to next season. Super Bowl in Vegas is going to be fun, hope the Chiefs make it again.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users