2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm starting the thread early to get the pun in there(dibs!), but if you have something better we can always change it later.

Also if your team sucks and there's news, we don't have to inject posts in the middle of playoff runs. Unless you want to post in the season thread and it would trigger someone for laughs. That's always worth something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

Happy Pumped Up GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
BoB might not be bad as just a coach but it's hard to say. It's probably a safer bet than all the memes.

I will say I cant fault them for it; Miami keeps hiring 1st time head coaches who are "hot prospects" and it hasn't worked out. I'm actually warming up to the idea of Jim Caldwell being the Dolphins HC (went to SB with Manning and lost to NO, turned around Detroit, took over as interim OC for the Ravens in 2012 after they fired Cam Cameron week 14...and that's when Flacco went 11/0 TD/INT and they won the super bowl that year).

No idea if they're actually interviewing him but I'd take that stability.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Bill O'Brien and Trent Baalke together? What could possibly go wrong?!

Oh and Weddle coming to save the Rams

• 2Worf

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey, we made it here 1 week later than usual. Progress!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I really like the McKinnon pickup. Dude was always injured but the rare times he was healthy he was a high talent guy.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

After the game, Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy told reporters that they practice the quarterback draw in that situation every week

lol, I don't understand why he would think they would put more time on the clock?

EDIT in another report I read Kellen Moore made the play call, for whatever that is worth

Last edited:

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Hello darkness, my old friend.

Another baffling Cowboys loss... Then again, if you've watched this team for the last 8 weeks, you realized something went really wrong with the team. Defenses started sitting back in soft coverage against this offense, and it COMPLETELY fucked this offense and Kellen Moore up (because Kellen is retarded, and has a fat Eli Manning face). Chiefs had a similar issue for a huge portion of this year, but fixed it late.

Dallas managed to do the impossible, and actually became WORSE from week 1 to today. Which is fine if you have a bunch of injuries - but no, that didn't happen. Your Quarterback had a devastating injury last year, and your defense was insanely young. You had a ball-hawking CB, and the 2nd coming of Lawrence Taylor... You would usually think you'd "trend up", but no, you got worse. Impressive.

The offensive line is fucking brainlet-levels of retarded. I fucking pray someone hires Kellen Moore away, he is dog shit. Jerry Jones should be on the back channels tomorrow, gauging Sean Payton's interest. Sadly, Dan Quinn is probably gone, so your one bright spot is now going to decline a bit.

Fun times.

Ps. Raiders, and Cardinals games were almost carbon copies in which the Cowboys didn't start scoring until nearly the 4th quarter, and you come back on talent and make it competitive. Nothing says shit coaching like that.

Pss. 14 penalties, bad coaching, but every fucking play Micah Parsons is practically getting held, and no calls. Refs being tacky as fuck with all the penalties also. Missed a handful on the 49ers today. Which would sting more if I thought we actually deserved to win.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Refs being tacky as fuck with all the penalties also
Seen multiple people say this, but you weren't very far above your regular season average for penalty yards per game. So have you been getting ticky-tacked for 18 games straight, or is your team an undisciplined mess?

• 3Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Rumors going around this morning McDoofus may be on his way out of Dallas this week. Nothing confirmed, obviously, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Jerry stuck with him one more year. But the rumors are at the Big Dummy may be done.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Seen multiple people say this, but you weren't very far above your regular season average for penalty yards per game. So have you been getting ticky-tacked for 18 games straight, or is your team an undisciplined mess?

Now you're getting it. Despite not committing a single penalty all season long, they were inexplicably the most penalized team in the league.

It's fucking bullshit

• 1Worf
  • 1Wow!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Someone should make a montage how many times Romo said "You can't do that" on Cowboy penalties

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Third, Prescott never, ever, ever should have given the ball to the center. Based on his post-game comments, it’s clear that he was coached to do it this way, by head coach Mike McCarthy and/or offensive coordinator Kellen Moore.

There was a ton of fail on that play but this one sticks out the most. Not only did he not give it to the ref, the entire line blocked the ref. It was clear, either from panic or not properly practicing the play, they fucked themselves.

• 3Like