2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
ya bill is the GM and he does the draft, last year he did it as a committee(apparently) and that draft was better than the past few. so hopefully that trend will continue. the one trend that NEEDS to change is, drafting a GOOD Receiver.

Bill has not drafted a quality receiver in over a decade from round 1 thru round 6. meyer was undrafted. harry, first round but he SUCKS, edelman was 7th round in 2009, but he, i believe, was the last quality receiver drafted by the patriots-not counting gronk. funny enough, had they had Stuck with berrios(round 6 2018), the receiving corps would be better. he was let go after his rookie season and is on the jets now and is their best receiver.

also IMO they NEED a Defensive Coordinator, this past 2 years they haven't had one, he had his son doing the defensive calls and, frankly, i think he did a piss poor job. maybe officially put patricia back in the job(he was good), or - if mayo does not get a HC job- make Mayo the "offical" DC. the way it went this year, did not work.

they also need a better special teams coach, imo bring back judge - they can get him for relatively cheap money (giants are paying his salary for the next few years) and he was a very good special teams coach.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Pats look like cap hell for the next two years.
That will mean 3 wasted years of Jones rookie deal.

They're on the hook for huge salaries to Jonnu Smith, Hunter Henry, Nelson Agholor, and Kendrick Bourne. The numbers for those four players are crazy and the dead cap hit is going to make it tough to move on. Bourne is the only easy out in the group.

2022 Salary / Dead Cap Hit

Hunter Henry $15m / $19m
Nelson Agholor $14m / $14.8m
Jonnu Smith $13m / $26m
Kendrick Bourne $6.4m / $2.8m

Pats top 4 pass catchers salary in '22; $48.4m
Pats top 4 pass catchers dead cap hit in '22; $62.6m

Those 4 pass catchers are 24% of the Pats total cap next year.

No one’s going to take a “Patriots discount” without Tom.

Great Coach. Bad GM

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Other than Bourne those signings were so awful. Henry had a few decent games but not worth that price tag.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I agree. I don't know if Brady and Shanahan would have butted heads, but with Shanahan's running game and the level of talent on the 49ers I think Brady would be raping the league in SF even more than he is in TB. Get Shanahan a QB that can actually win games for him instead of just not losing them and that's a dangerous team.
Preeeeeetttty sure Brady's "you're sticking with that motherfucker?!" was aimed at Jimmy G. I know a lot of people seem to think it was Brees he was referring to, but I'm pretty certain it was Jimmy. Kid grew up a huge 49er fan, was at "The Catch" game, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Bourne and henry were good signings.

smith wasn't, but lets see, for several receivers it took 2 years to "get" the system so he might be good next year, we will see.
agulour- was good in spurts, but we'll see next year.

guy i would like to see the pats draft is that receiver from usc that broke his ankle, tall, fast and supposedly a great route runner, but he will be gone long before 21

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Bourne and henry were good signings.

smith wasn't, but lets see, for several receivers it took 2 years to "get" the system so he might be good next year, we will see.
agulour- was good in spurts, but we'll see next year.

guy i would like to see the pats draft is that receiver from usc that broke his ankle, tall, fast and supposedly a great route runner, but he will be gone long before 21
LOL if you guys honestly think Kendrick Bourne is a WR1. Dude is a WR3 and maybe a WR2 on his best day.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No one is saying hes a WR1 or WR2. For what hes signed for was a good deal.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Bourne is a solid receiver. Good hands and very tough. Jauan Jennings has become his replacement on the 49ers as the guy who's not going to burn anybody or run amazing routes but you can throw the ball to him on 3rd down in the middle of the field in traffic and he's going to come down with it more often than not.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
He's a QB who's been in the league a while, has worked with many coaches, and probably understands that side of the interaction as a player. He might not have direct experience but he knows it from the player side. He's also a QB so he at least knows the difference between leadership and a hole in the ground. The bigger question is if he or the organization can attract experienced coaching talent around him, and if he has the ability to pull everyone together and buy-in.

I would still side on him failing than not (probably more due to it being the Texans than not), but any first time HC should have experienced coordinators to help run the ship.(e.g. Sean McDermott in Buffalo has Brian Daboll and Leslie Frazier, who was a HC at one time). In exchange, both Daboll and Frazier are getting their reward: interviews with multiple teams for HC gigs.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It’s kinda funny they want an external organization to make it seem less unconventional than it really is. if he’s your guy, he’s your guy. As you said, it’s gonna be a stretch to get people with actual experience to buy into him suddenly in a role he has zero experience in. He’s had a “conversation“ with Trent Baalke now, maybe that’s enough for the texans

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
if agholor had made the step to #1 like the team hoped he would, bourne's signing as a solid #2 receiver would be considered good with meyers #3

looking at 2021 stats excluding henry,

meyers was the #1 receiver with 126 targets and a 10.4 yd average he caught 66% of the targets
bourne was #2 with 70 targets and a 14.5 yd average he caught 78% of the targets
agholor was #3 with 64 targets and a 12.8 average he caught 58% of the targets

if we flipped bourne and meyers # of targets and kept the pass reception ratio the same, bourne would have had an extra 638 yards while meyers would have lost 400 yards.

if bourne keeps those numbers for next year with a few more targets, that would be good
meyers needs to up his catch percentage to 70% or higher to become the "binky" for jones and agholor's imo needs to jump to at least 70%(and he needs more targets).

on a side note that only interests me.,...Jones averaged more yards per pass than Brady this year.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jones averaged more yards per pass than Brady this year.
And when Stafford was still on the Lions he probably averaged more yards per pass than most of the league. That stat needs context to be relevant.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Apparently Florio's book coming out in March, is going to detail how the Cowboys almost replaced Garrett with Payton. Ah God, I can't handle this. Just trade some picks to the Saints and say Goodbye to McCarthy. Fuckkkkk.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Welcome new teams. Congrats on tying the Cowboys for Super Bowl wins this season.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
IMG_8985.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users