2023-2024 College Football. And then there were 4

Kaines

Potato Supreme
They want the teams that provide the best games.

Lets wait until after the bowl games to judge their decision....
If the CFP were in charge of the MLB playoffs, do you think you EVER see the Diamondback or Marlins or As in the World Series?? No. Because wins don't matter.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
When you're looking at the narrowest of margins and nit picking every detail, I don't know how Bama needing a miracle to beat Auburn isn't referenced more. Everyone keeps talking about the last two weeks.. except Bama sucked ass two weeks ago and Jesus Christ himself had to come down to save them.

I agree. UGA didn’t even shit the bed too much after 29 straight wins. If you’re going to shit on the SEC for losing, at least apply it equally. Let FSU and Texas in and fuck the SEC instead of sucking Saban’s dick. Bama lost by 10 not 3. Letting them in is nothing but historical bias at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Do you guys really think Washington is better than Georgia and FSU?
As good for sure. Better than FSU with their starting QB and certainly a worthy opponent for Georgia. Why? Look at Washington's wins over Oregon. Oregon is built and coached like an SEC Team. UW rose to the that challenge twice. Pennix should win the Heisman, but he will likely get fucked by East Coast Bias and the LSU kid will win it.

And I'm really surprised there isn't more griping about Ohio State being excluded.
I don't disagree.

And if we're just going on a perfect season than Liberty should be included, but can you imagine them playing any of the top six? Curbstomping.
While it is a massive accomplishment there is a HUGE drop off from P5 to Conference USA. You know better, this is a bad argument.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh boo hoo.

They beat Florida and Louisville in the last 2 games. Both of those teams do not stand anywhere close to the top 4. Without the quarterback, they would not have won. If Alabama had lost their quarterback they would not have beaten Georgia. A strong quarterback makes both teams much stronger. As I said, the committee does not want a repeat of last year where UGA Butt stomped TCU under the stadium and embarrassed the program.

FSU, due to a key player's injury is out.

This will be less of an issue next year as FSU would have qualified for a top 12 birth.

Again, this is why it had to go to a 12 system or just go back to no system at all.
If I remember correctly, wasn't it Ohio State with a 3rd string QB that went into the playoffs and torched Wisconsin and then beat Alabama for the title game?

Cardell Jones surprised everyone.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Alabama pulled away late from a G5 team, needed prayer to beat a 6-6 rival, 3 point win against a 4-8 conference foe, lost at home by 10.

Another thing I didn't realize was that FSU's 2nd string QB would have been healthy for the playoffs. It wouldn't have been their 3rd stringer that beat Louisville by 10 last night.

Also the ACC has a winning record in ACC vs. SEC matchups this year, so its hard to say the conference sucks when they won most of the head to head matchups.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
Alabama pulled away late from a G5 team, needed prayer to beat a 6-6 rival, 3 point win against a 4-8 conference foe, lost at home by 10.

Another thing I didn't realize was that FSU's 2nd string QB would have been healthy for the playoffs. It wouldn't have been their 3rd stringer that beat Louisville by 10 last night.

Also the ACC has a winning record in ACC vs. SEC matchups this year, so its hard to say the conference sucks when they won most of the head to head matchups.

gonna be real fun if a 1 loss Texas or Alabama wins it all while FSU beats the team that almost went undefeated 3 seasons in a row

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme
We knew this needed to happen. And the consolidation of schools into Super Conferences is squarely on track with this idea.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I think college football should move to a relegation system like English Soccer. The top league would be ~64 teams and have 4-8 teams be up for relegation every year. Those 4-8 teams (even with losing records) would play in bowl games against the teams trying to get promoted. Winner of said bowl games is in the top tier the following year.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Eisen about lost his shit on air earlier about Michigan's reaction to having to play Alabama rather than Florida St

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think college football should move to a relegation system like English Soccer. The top league would be ~64 teams and have 4-8 teams be up for relegation every year. Those 4-8 teams (even with losing records) would play in bowl games against the teams trying to get promoted. Winner of said bowl games is in the top tier the following year.

“Notre Dame did not like this.meme jpg”

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
giphy.gif

• 2Worf

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OU and Georgia in back to back weeks is something. Otherwise, it’s a navigable schedule.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user