2023-2024 College Football. And then there were 4

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they had a quarterback Florida would be #3, but as it stands Georgia will slaughter FSU in the 5v6. By stating that you have to acknowledge they absolutely are not a top 4 contender with the injury and thus do not deserve a slot. So I agree with the subjective decision to reach the best objective outcome which is the entire point of having people decide it and not a computer.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In the end, what they do not want, under all circumstances, is what happened last year in the National Championship game when UGA destroyed TCU. That was embarrassing for all involved who had nothing to do with UGA.

P.S. Go Alabama (You know they are going to win...right?)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
You don’t have to tell me, Sark already knows.
Lol fun you get sober Sark, we had drunk Sark. When he was at UW they assigned off duty cops to accompany him while he was out boozing it up. While we had a bad version I think USC got the drunkest version of Sark.

That said Texas is the best possible scenario for us, I am glad you guys made it. I think I will send Sark some Don Julio as a congrats gift.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Big mad.

Oh boo hoo.

They beat Florida and Louisville in the last 2 games. Both of those teams do not stand anywhere close to the top 4. Without the quarterback, they would not have won. If Alabama had lost their quarterback they would not have beaten Georgia. A strong quarterback makes both teams much stronger. As I said, the committee does not want a repeat of last year where UGA Butt stomped TCU under the stadium and embarrassed the program.

FSU, due to a key player's injury is out.

This will be less of an issue next year as FSU would have qualified for a top 12 birth.

Again, this is why it had to go to a 12 system or just go back to no system at all.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Oh boo hoo.

They beat Florida and Louisville in the last 2 games. Both of those teams do not stand anywhere close to the top 4. Without the quarterback, they would not have won. If Alabama had lost their quarterback they would not have beaten Georgia. A strong quarterback makes both teams much stronger. As I said, the committee does not want a repeat of last year where UGA Butt stomped TCU under the stadium and embarrassed the program.

FSU, due to a key player's injury is out.

This will be less of an issue next year as FSU would have qualified for a top 12 birth.

Again, this is why it had to go to a 12 system or just go back to no system at all.
If the 49ers had managed to win the NFC Championship game last year, they wouldn't have been banned from the Superbowl because of "feels" about how the next game was going to play out. Either winning matters or it doesn't. And in college football, it doesn't

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Nah he's right, they didn't lose all season. I'd be furious as a noles fan, with or without QB1. If anything Tejas is seeded appropriately and this was the year to leave out an SEC team as the conference as a whole was down. 7-9 against P5 opponents, Bama limping to wins in the last few weeks, etc. Oh well - Texas (vomit vomit vomit) is the best team in CFB but having to play Bama again sucks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No it does, just not this year.

Again, its why they changed the system to a 12 game system. That should alleviate any "Undefeated" woes in the system.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
No it does, just not this year.
This is not at all a true statement. Either winning matters or it doesn't. And not just this year, but several years college football has proven it doesn't matter. Feels over reals.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
FSU beat LSU too.

13-0 in D1 football is a massive accomplishment, remember we are talking about 18-22 year old testosterone fueled knuckleheads. FSU got fucked and you are lying to yourself if you disagree.

What happens if Millroe or Penix gets hurt in practice between now and January? Will their team get DQ'd? Nope, it is a team game and records matter. FSU got fucked!

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
When you're looking at the narrowest of margins and nit picking every detail, I don't know how Bama needing a miracle to beat Auburn isn't referenced more. Everyone keeps talking about the last two weeks.. except Bama sucked ass two weeks ago and Jesus Christ himself had to come down to save them.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is not at all a true statement. Either winning matters or it doesn't. And not just this year, but several years college football has proven it doesn't matter. Feels over reals.
No, what matters is money. Money is the factor that judges. That is what you just saw happen.

It will still happen but now starting next year we will get to see if an undefeated team could make it all the way or would they get TCU Bitch Slapped in the face.

You know damn well that without their star Heisman Candidate Quarterback that FSU was not going to win. That is a fucking pipe dream but....next year..

FSU beat LSU too.

13-0 in D1 football is a massive accomplishment, remember we are talking about 18-22 year old testosterone fueled knuckleheads. FSU got fucked and you are lying to yourself if you disagree.

What happens if Millroe or Penix gets hurt in practice between now and January? Will their team get DQ'd? Nope, it is a team game and records matter. FSU got fucked!
Yep they beat the 9-3 LSU team when they had their Star Quarterback.

FSU did not get holy fucked by the system, they got Fucked because of the injury that rightfully gave pause to their ability to defeat a Michigan/Alabama/Washington/Ohio State/Texas/UGA?,,,,,,,,,

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Committee is a fucking joke whose picks are based on public perception and not logic.

Thank God moving forward they can breathe a sigh of relief, change nothing, and just fuck over the 11th or 12th ranked 1 loss team instead of an undefeated P5 conference champion.

Some of the committee members really should lose their actual jobs over this shit.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yes, like everything corrupt and fucked up in our world look no further than the $$$.

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
No, what matters is money. Money is the factor that judges. That is what you just saw happen.

It will still happen but now starting next year we will get to see if an undefeated team could make it all the way or would they get TCU Bitch Slapped in the face.

You know damn well that without their star Heisman Candidate Quarterback that FSU was not going to win. That is a fucking pipe dream but....next year..

Yep they beat the 9-3 LSU team when they had their Star Quarterback.

FSU did not get holy fucked by the system, they got Fucked because of the injury that rightfully gave pause to their ability to defeat a Michigan/Alabama/Washington/Ohio State/Texas/UGA?,,,,,,,,,
And all of that is looking forward and projecting what everyone FEELS like will happen. Like I said, if the 9ers had beat the Eagles, they would have played in the Superbowl. Yes, they'd have gotten roflstomped by the Chiefs. But they would have played. Because winning the game on the field matters in the NFL.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They want the teams that provide the best games.

Lets wait until after the bowl games to judge their decision....

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Cutler

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Do you guys really think Washington is better than Georgia and FSU? And I'm really surprised there isn't more griping about Ohio State being excluded. And if we're just going on a perfect season than Liberty should be included, but can you imagine them playing any of the top six? Curbstomping.