2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I need someone to tell me if I'm just playing favorites. I just didn't see anything egregiously bad about the Greenlaw tackle.
Given the Eagles response to anything even remotely provocative this game, I'd say you could sneeze on their sideline and they'd erupt in a riot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The Eagles “tush push” only exist because defenses refuse to cripple those offensive linemen, they do not protect themselves and intentionally go low to get leverage, if the defenders didn’t try to compete for leverage let them fall forward and then fall with all their weight with their knees on the back of their necks/spine you might see the entire offensive line carted off the field.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Given the Eagles response to anything even remotely provocative this game, I'd say you could sneeze on their sideline and they'd erupt in a riot.
I just more meant the flag he got before they were all set off. Cause I'm pretty sure they flagged him for it

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I just more meant the flag he got before they were all set off. Cause I'm pretty sure they flagged him for it
They did. And that flag was more because they are trying to get control of the game. Not because it was an egregious tackle.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The Eagles “tush push” only exist because defenses refuse to cripple those offensive linemen, they do not protect themselves and intentionally go low to get leverage, if the defenders didn’t try to compete for leverage let them fall forward and then fall with all their weight with their knees on the back of their necks/spine you might see the entire offensive line carted off the field.
It's just retarded that it's considered a legal formation. I'm fine with the play, but the way you're allowed to stack the formation with lineman like that is stupid.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You can't stop big cock Brock, you can only hope to contain him.

We did our job Dallas. Now do your part, you fucking scrubs.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
It's just retarded that it's considered a legal formation. I'm fine with the play, but the way you're allowed to stack the formation with lineman like that is stupid.
Explain why it should be illegal. Saying is is stupid is not an explanation. Explain why it is stupid.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
You used to hear a bunch of horror stories about what happens on the bottom of a pile. Eye gouging, punching, biting, etc. Whatever it takes to get the football when you're paid millions of dollars and the cameras can't see anything. It's dangerous because I can see a Defender trying to rip the ball away from Hurts, and ends up "accidentally" grabbing a couple of fingers and breaking or dislocating them.

There's just too much risk to constantly put your QB in that position.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Explain why it should be illegal. Saying is is stupid is not an explanation. Explain why it is stupid.
Because it allows the offensive line to have literally all of the leverage. It exploits forward progress rules in that they're discretionary by definition. So it allows you to just stack 11 bodies and even if a defense has you effectively stopped, because the ref doesn't blow the whistle you can just keep using that leverage advantage to push forward.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Because it allows the offensive line to have literally all of the leverage. It exploits forward progress rules in that they're discretionary by definition. So it allows you to just stack 11 bodies and even if a defense has you effectively stopped, because the ref doesn't blow the whistle you can just keep using that leverage advantage to push forward.
They also banned doubling up defenders to get extra push on field goal attempts for the safety of the players, but if you wanna triple stack offensive players, go right ahead.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So your issue is with forward progress and how it is determined, not the actual formation?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So your issue is with forward progress and how it is determined, not the actual formation?
No. You can stack offensive players but they banned doing the same on defense in the name of "play safety" on FGs and such.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I really wanted to believe that the 9ers were going to blow out Philly but I couldn't even bring myself to say it out loud. Just the way Philly has struggled and been pulling out wins made me think they weren't on our level but then when they came out and went 3 and out on the first 2 possessions I about died. Couldn't breathe again until the clock was at zero.

I'm still confused about the 3 game losing streak. Seems like the talking heads consensus is that it was Trent and Deebo being out but I don't really buy it. Trent is the goat but Purdy is great vs pressure and Deebo is one of 4 big weapons and has disappeared in multiple games. He was a fucking stud today though. I hope he keeps talking trash if he backs it up like that.

• 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like Goodell wants the tush push banned or a "source" has said at least