2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
No. You can stack offensive players but they banned doing the same on defense in the name of "play safety" on FGs and such.
My understanding is that was to protect defenseless kickers, holders and long snappers. Not quite the same.

Sounds like Goodell wants the tush push banned or a "source" has said at least
I don't know how you could officiate that, sometimes the hole doesn't open where it is drawn up and the blocking back runs straight into an o-lineman's back.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
See how the center and guards are going low, now imagine just not trying to stop the QB (why bother no has yet) but instead you now intentionally fall with all your weight with your knees between the the helmet and the pads on the neck of the offensive lineman potentially breaking their necks, you now win the game because who are they going to trot out there? If you don’t paralyze them they will think twice about that shit and if they do, do it again eventually they will get the message and stop.

Hurt them.

Attachments

• IMG_6643.jpeg
    IMG_6643.jpeg
    471.6 KB · Views: 19

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
See how the center and guards are going low, now imagine just not trying to stop the QB (why bother no has yet) but instead you now intentionally fall with all your weight with your knees between the the helmet and the pads on the neck of the offensive lineman potentially breaking their necks, you now win the game because who are they going to trot out there? If you don’t paralyze them they will think twice about that shit and if they do, do it again eventually they will get the message and stop.

Hurt them.
Tell me you never played football without telling me you never played football.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
My understanding is that was to protect defenseless kickers, holders and long snappers. Not quite the same.
You think not stacking the line on defense for FG is to protect the guys 8+ yards behind the line??? Tell me you never played football without telling me you never played football.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I did play football are we about to turn this into a high school pissing contest Al Bundy!
Happy Season 2 GIF by Sony Pictures Television
No, if you think an NFL D-Lineman can fit their fat knee in between the helmet and shoulder pads with the precision to cause injury then I have a Bridge I would like to sell you. Not to mention you would just make it that much easier to score/get the first.

You think not stacking the line on defense for FG is to protect the guys 8+ yards behind the line??? Tell me you never played football without telling me you never played football.
Uh the Snapper is on the line of scrimmage and yes the kicker and the holder are defenseless. Sorry but this didn't land like you thought it would, you are just wrong.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like Goodell wants the tush push banned or a "source" has said at least
Because at the end of the day the NFL is in the entertainment business and the play isn't entertaining. It's ugly as shit and exploits an offensive advantage by disallowing the defense to line up similarly.

Plus all the forward progress shit is takes advantage of.

Again, I'm fine with the play. But not with allowing the formation differences. If the defense gets to line up the same way and Philly or some other team still gets 3yards? Fine.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Again, I'm fine with the play. But not with allowing the formation differences. If the defense gets to line up the same way and Philly or some other team still gets 3yards? Fine.
Who says they can't? They could sub in more DLs for LBs and DBs. The overload rule for the defense is only on kicks to protect defenseless players.

lol these retards think they can have opinions. They've never even played in front of 70,000 people
You don't need to beyond play high school to have the common sense to understand why that opinion is laughable.

Last edited:

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
No, if you think an NFL D-Lineman can fit their fat knee in between the helmet and shoulder pads with the precision to cause injury then I have a Bridge I would like to sell you. Not to mention you would just make it that much easier to score/get the first.

Uh the Snapper is on the line of scrimmage and yes the kicker and the holder are defenseless. Sorry but this didn't land like you thought it would, you are just wrong.
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The obvious problem with the play is it's like a 95% success rate on gaining a couple of yards. It seems more likely we'll get more teams being able to replicate it than being able to stop it so we'll have half the league or more essentially needing 8 yards for a 1st down instead of 10. Pretty big fundamental change to the game.

Solution is to go back to not allowing pushing of the ball carriers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Solution is to go back to not allowing pushing of the ball carriers.
Ding ding we have a winner.

However, it will be really hard to officiate, because what if one shoulder is blocking a defender and the other is pushing the ball carrier? It is one of those things that by making rules for it will cause more problems, because there will be very few times it is clear cut.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
You think people can’t fall on someone in a tactical way, sorry I’m not going to argue with your chromosome smuggling ass.
I think you are possibly the dumbest person on the internet with that take.

I doubt you even played high school football with a take that dumb.

Please call into you local sports radio station with that idea and see how it goes.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
past couple weeks packers offense has seemed like a different team

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Ding ding we have a winner.

However, it will be really hard to officiate, because what if one shoulder is blocking a defender and the other is pushing the ball carrier? It is one of those things that by making rules for it will cause more problems, because there will be very few times it is clear cut.

It's pretty clear cut in the tush push which is what they want to stop. Otherwise, the rule book is full of judgement calls this is just 1 more

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
God dammit can't even depend on the Chiefs to beat a fucking sub .500 team?
As the season has gone on it has become more and more evident how much they miss Hill.

I know this isn't a new or earth shattering take.