2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Not sure how this dude was ranked so high on draft boards.
Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, and Mac Jones. 1 hit out of 5 on top 10 QBs so far. Obviously no one knows if a guy coming out of college is going to be able to play in the NFL or not. At least Jones has started consistently.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
If the MVP had any real meaning to it at all in the NFL, CMC and Parsons would be 1 and 2 in the voting (order is debatable) No one affects the outcome of games more than those two guys. Unless you count the Mahomes+Referee kids meal combo.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
QB scouting is pure bullshit. Scouts basically conspired to hype Wilson into this super prospect but if you dug deep you could find people saying he wouldn't be able to play at the professional level at all, let alone being worth a #2 pick. But even the suppressed negative scouting reports were full of intangible voodoo bullshit about ball sizes and him 'not looking like he was born to be a quarterback'.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
QB scouting is pure bullshit. Scouts basically conspired to hype Wilson into this super prospect but if you dug deep you could find people saying he wouldn't be able to play at the professional level at all, let alone being worth a #2 pick. But even the suppressed negative scouting reports were full of intangible voodoo bullshit about ball sizes and him 'not looking like he was born to be a quarterback'.
1696257061195.jpeg

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Not sure how this dude was ranked so high on draft boards.
He also had the benefit of the fact that the other 10 guys on his offense on college were NFL or near caliber and usually better than the other 11 guys on defense. He doesn't have that kind of talent disparity in the NFL.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Doesn't look like holding at all to me. #11 was a retard, because if he turned his shoulders it would have been if the KC guy didn't let go. Very good job by #79 keeping his arms in tight, which is exactly why holding wouldn't be called there.

• 3Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
I'm assuming the NFL is trying to pull in the zoomers by pushing Tay-Tay 24/7, but I wonder how long until the woke groups start to rustle over a toxic whyte nazi on their screens rather than "representation that better reflects today's average american empowered stronk womyn."

t4.jpg

• 2Tiresome
  • 1Picard
  • 1Cutler

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't look like holding at all to me. #11 was a retard, because if he turned his shoulders it would have been if the KC guy didn't let go. Very good job by #79 keeping his arms in tight, which is exactly why holding wouldn't be called there.
People are losing their minds over this and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because it's not a hold. He's inside his frame the whole time, that would be the weakest holding call in the history of the NFL.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike

Kaines

Potato Supreme
This is the correct answer. #11 was too busy fighting with the lineman to actually draw the penalty by turning toward Mahomes.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It's amazing how blind people can be when it is their own team. At least try and be objective when it's your team. I always thought having a hold of a jersey and preventing someone from getting away from you is holding. But maybe I just don't know what a hold is anymore.
1696268100451.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's amazing how blind people can be when it is their own team. At least try and be objective when it's your team. I always thought having a hold of a jersey and preventing someone from getting away from you is holding. But maybe I just don't know what a hold is anymore.
View attachment 493212
That's not going to get called unless the defender tries to disengage from the lineman. Which never happens. The defensive player keeps both hands on the KC lineman the entire time.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That's just not true. Go watch it again. At one point he is pushing on the guys helmet to try and get away. I mean at that screen grab he is trying to get away from him. Like how do you disengage when you are being held lol?

I dunno, seemed like a real bad hold. I have no dog in this fight, don't care about either team.

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Except that never happened in this play. Nothing wrong with grabbing the other player here. The bigger question is why did #11 go full retard and decide to dance with the KC guy instead of chasing the ball. Who knows, but that doesn't make it a penalty.

• 1Pathetic

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Except that never happened in this play. Nothing wrong with grabbing the other player here. The bigger question is why did #11 go full retard and decide to dance with the KC guy instead of chasing the ball. Who knows, but that doesn't make it a penalty.
LOL how is this not trying to get away? Am I taking crazy pills?

Edit: Stupid thing cuts off early. Click the link. Apologies, I am apparently not very good at making gifs.

ssstwitter.com_1696269093327
VEED - ssstwitter.com_1696269093327

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
LOL how is this not trying to get away? Am I taking crazy pills?

Edit: Stupid thing cuts off early. Click the link. Apologies, I am apparently not very good at making gifs.

ssstwitter.com_1696269093327
VEED - ssstwitter.com_1696269093327
No we can use this gif. Watch all 3 other Jets linemen use various techniques to disengage from their blockers that don't involve staying squared up to their blocker. The guy at the very top of the screen disengages from TWO blockers. The guy in the middle of the scrum is getting "held" just as much as #11, but notice he twists his upper body to get away. And the third Jet to far left is actually hand-fighting with his blocker to disengage. #11 is just an idiot.

• 1Pathetic

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
No we can use this gif. Watch all 3 other Jets linemen use various techniques to disengage from their blockers that don't involve staying squared up to their blocker. The guy at the very top of the screen disengages from TWO blockers. The guy in the middle of the scrum is getting "held" just as much as #11, but notice he twists his upper body to get away. And the third Jet to far left is actually hand-fighting with his blocker to disengage. #11 is just an idiot.
The reason I say it cuts off early is because right after that he is literally trying to pull away, AKA disengage. I dunno how else you are supposed to disengage.

• 1Solidarity

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The reason I say it cuts off early is because right after that he is literally trying to pull away, AKA disengage. I dunno how else you are supposed to disengage.
Dip your shoulder, twist your upper body, release a hand from the blocker and use a down arm break.... LOTS of different techniques defensive lineman are taught to break the block of an offensive lineman. He used none of them.

• 1Like