2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Its been a while and Harbaugh is a great college coach but wasn't he gifted a stacked 49ers team and somewhat ruined it?
He went 13-3 his first season (taking over for a 6-10 team the year before), 11-4-1 and a SB trip the next, then 12-4 the next season (losing to the SB champion), then 8-8, then left the team. That doesn't sound like ruination.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Its been a while and Harbaugh is a great college coach but wasn't he gifted a stacked 49ers team and somewhat ruined it?
LOL the team he inherited was utter dogshit, outside of a HoF Running Back, a solid, but not quite HoF worthy Tight End, possibly a HoF LT depending on where Staley ends up, and possibly a HoF LB in Willis, but Willis didn't play long enough IMO to be in. If not for a couple muffed kicks by Kyle Williams, he would've taken them to back to back Super Bowls (probably would've lost them both though).

Harbaugh's only real failing is thinking he had a better talent in Kaepernick and the way he handled Alex Smith never really playing for the 49ers again. All after something as common as getting a concussion in an OT game against the Lambs. Alex never did anything to lose the starting job aside from being hurt a week.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I mean I get the idea of firing him. They have back slid 2 years though it’s not really his fault, but they are in rebuild mode with a young QB and a defensive coach who can’t seem to find a quality OC. I see them wanting to just go after a young offensive coach to try to maximize Levis.

This won’t work thigh because no top offensive mind is going to pick the Titans and Levis over way better situations

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
He went 13-3 his first season (taking over for a 6-10 team the year before), 11-4-1 and a SB trip the next, then 12-4 the next season (losing to the SB champion), then 8-8, then left the team. That doesn't sound like ruination.
My only concern with Harbaugh is the rumors the players all hated him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
iirc that story is based on Deion claiming several niners came to him privately to say they wanted Harbaugh gone or they wanted to be traded, but wanted to remain anonymous. i also think the only person to actually comment on the story publicly was a lineman who said it was bs and that everyone loved Harbaugh.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I thought it ended up being everyone but the players that ended up hating him and he lost that battle with Baalke and ownership

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Alex Boone, a 49ers offensive lineman who played for Harbaugh during his four seasons with the 49ers, said during the feature that Harbaugh wore down his players in San Francisco and management was fed up.

He said Harbaugh, who had success in previous college rebuild jobs at San Diego and Stanford, does a great job of initially bringing what he called a spark.

"But after a while, you just want to kick his (butt)," Boone said. "He just keeps pushing you and you're like, 'Dude, we got over the mountain. Stop. Let go.' He kind of wore out his welcome."

Kremer asked what that means.

"I think he pushed guys too far," Boone said. "He demanded too much, expected too much. And you'd be like, 'This guy might be clinically insane. He might be crazy.'"

From an episode of "Real Sports"

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

He's kind of fucking nuts. Steve Young described him as the kind of guy that if you're walking across a parking lot together he wants to race you to the car even though you're both adults. He does great with the rah rah stuff which works well for kids but kind of wears thin when you're dealing with grown men. I don't think the players or Kaepernick had anything to do with him leaving though. The front office/ownership couldn't stand him. Obviously he's built a great program at Michigan and maybe being 10 years older he's ready to deal with the NFL again but I think even at Michigan it was his way or the highway (which makes the idea that he didn't know about the sign-stealing kind of a joke).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I mean I get the idea of firing him. They have back slid 2 years though it’s not really his fault, but they are in rebuild mode with a young QB and a defensive coach who can’t seem to find a quality OC. I see them wanting to just go after a young offensive coach to try to maximize Levis.

This won’t work thigh because no top offensive mind is going to pick the Titans and Levis over way better situations
The big thing I'm reading from Titans fans is that Vrabel hired a lot of his buddies, and won't fire them when they need to be fired. If you follow the team there's a lot of nepotism and covering up for coaching staff that aren't up to the job.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

I can see that. Locker room of 53 adults is different than 100 kids who cycle out and probably only get a year or two of time with the coach and that no translating to long term success with guys who play 7-9 years in the league.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The big thing I'm reading from Titans fans is that Vrabel hired a lot of his buddies, and won't fire them when they need to be fired. If you follow the team there's a lot of nepotism and covering up for coaching staff that aren't up to the job.
Sounds like pretty much every coach in the NFL.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I was going to post about Boone.

Read up on Harbaugh at Stanford and some of the crazy shit he did there, as well as San Diego. The guy definitely has some screws loose, his brother seems to as well. I think they were raised by crazy. That's why I think he's better suited for college, because you're rotating out players so often. I mean, the NFL to a certain extent, but you can be coaching guys for 5+ years in the NFL. He's 100% a grating personality.

With all that said, he's a fucking helluva coach and you can't argue with his results. I loved him as the Niners coach, outside of the Kaepernick shit and the fact that the team was very undisciplined under him. Especially when they were victims of bad refs, mistakes on offense/defense, etc. The team seemed to adopt Jim's personality and go absolutely apeshit. I loved watching him lose his mind at the refs though, cracked me up how unhinged he'd get - it reminded me of what I imagine Daezuel Daezuel is like during Lambs games.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Woo!! I could see still being involved in the front office. But so glad to finally have a new voice to lead the squad. Lets go Harbaugh or Vrabel!

• 1Picard

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I have to assume most Seahawks fans are pretty happy with that

This one is not... and when we go back into that hell we were in before we got him with no head coach Im going to shit on every single fan that applauds this

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Morons, glad to see one of the best NFL coaches out of the west even if McVay had his number.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users