2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Glad you guys are ok. Love the real to wall coverage on this that’s already dying off when it was revealed it was two black men in a beef and not some “maga taylor swift” shooting like Twitter immediately assumed.
This will be forgotten by tomorrow

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What a shock that they use the guy who gave up only 19 points in regulation and 1 TD off a 16 yard special teams blundered drive (against a top 3 all-time QB, no less) as the scapegoat for Shanahan's ineptitude as a HC. Total stunner.

Go watch JT O'Sullivan's QB School channel to see what an absolute shitshow this game was from an offensive standpoint, especially pass protection schemes. Total retardsville.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What a shock that they use the guy who gave up only 19 points in regulation and 1 TD off a 16 yard special teams blundered drive (against a top 3 all-time QB, no less) as the scapegoat for Shanahan's ineptitude as a HC. Total stunner.

Go watch JT O'Sullivan's QB School channel to see what an absolute shitshow this game was from an offensive standpoint, especially pass protection schemes. Total retardsville.
These were my thoughts exactly. The biggest hurdle the 49ers defense had to overcome was injury related.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It was dumb that they hired him in the first place and told him he had to use the previous system. And now they're basically firing him because they didn't think he adjusted himself well enough to run the previous system.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
These were my thoughts exactly. The biggest hurdle the 49ers defense had to overcome was injury related.
It's just more of Kyle being Kyle, absolutely refusing to accept any responsibility. He was asked both after the game and again at a press conference(so emotions aren't as raw/immediate) with Lynch yesterday about his decision making process in the game. And in both instances he used a bunch of mealy-mouthed words to basically say, "Yeah, I called the rights plays and had a good gameplan". LMAO, sure bro. You dialed up 11 targets for the player who was out there running half-routes, throwing half-blocks, and getting clamped harder in man-to-man coverage than your fucking RB and WR3 was.

The guy is a great play DESIGNER, but he's a fucking atrocious play CALLER, and an even worse leader. And people always use the excuse of, "BUT ALMOST HALF THE LEAGUE RUNS HIS OFFENSE!!!". Oh, you mean the half of the league that ISN'T winning? McVeigh is the only one and he's Mike's guy, not Kyle's. Plus, McVeigh went away from even Mike's scheme in the SB against the Bengals.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
C'mon, we all know it was some loser white kid with a history of mental health episodes.
Always nice to have the occasional reminder that people from California are utterly devoid of worth.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

C'mon, we all know it was some loser white kid with a history of mental health episodes.
If it was at a school or church that would probably be my first thought but a sports related gathering in the downtown area? 99.9% it's dindus. Probably some idiots beefing about disrespect or something equally banal and then the blasting started, probably hitting everything except the people they were aiming at.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If it was at a school or church that would probably be my first thought but a sports related gathering in the downtown area? 99.9% it's dindus. Probably some idiots beefing about disrespect or something equally banal and then the blasting started, probably hitting everything except the people they were aiming at.

He called the other dude's mom a ho. Nothing else could have been done.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It was dumb that they hired him in the first place and told him he had to use the previous system. And now they're basically firing him because they didn't think he adjusted himself well enough to run the previous system.
It probably wasn't a good idea, but one thing you have to give Shanahan is that if he screws up (ala Trey Lance) he's not afraid to admit he was wrong and go on to something else. To Wilks credit, Charvarius Ward and Ambry Thomas had their best year under him, but when you inherit the #1 defense in the league, add a couple of big names on the d-line, and finish with the #12 defense, that's not a good outcome even if you did go to the superbowl. The front 7 seriously under performed for him for whatever reason and that has always been the heart and soul of the team (and a huge chunk of the salary cap). Them being unable to stop the run vs. Green Bay and Detroit when that was a strength previously was probably the last straw. I actually think the offense was better than the defense this year which is not characteristic of this team. The offense did get better this year, but the defense also got worse.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Almost seems like maybe 2 different events happened, one at the station the police charged into, then another outside where private citizens tackled and disarmed someone with a rifle.

DickTrickle

Almost seems like maybe 2 different events happened, one at the station the police charged into, then another outside where private citizens tackled and disarmed someone with a rifle.
Oh, interesting, I hadn't heard there was a rifle involved. In any case, I'm sure we'll know in a day or two what exactly went down. It would be pretty wild if there were two unrelated shootings.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh, interesting, I hadn't heard there was a rifle involved. In any case, I'm sure we'll know in a day or two what exactly went down. It would be pretty wild if there were two unrelated shootings.
Being the area that it happened in - I wouldnt be surprised that if there were two shootings, that they both independently had something in common.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It probably wasn't a good idea, but one thing you have to give Shanahan is that if he screws up (ala Trey Lance) he's not afraid to admit he was wrong and go on to something else. To Wilks credit, Charvarius Ward and Ambry Thomas had their best year under him, but when you inherit the #1 defense in the league, add a couple of big names on the d-line, and finish with the #12 defense, that's not a good outcome even if you did go to the superbowl. The front 7 seriously under performed for him for whatever reason and that has always been the heart and soul of the team (and a huge chunk of the salary cap). Them being unable to stop the run vs. Green Bay and Detroit when that was a strength previously was probably the last straw. I actually think the offense was better than the defense this year which is not characteristic of this team. The offense did get better this year, but the defense also got worse.

They had to use a trick play to score their only TD in the SB. The defense held the best QB of this generation to two offensive TDs and one was off a bad luck bounce of the football. Your own statement tells the story better than I do. The amazing defense is what usually gets SF where they need to go but the one year it isn't top tier overall....the offense still shits the bed in the Superbowl. I'm no fan of Wilks, but he did a pretty damn good job especially in the SB. If Shanahan wasn't afraid to admit to fuckups, he'd give the playcalling duties away right now.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
They had to use a trick play to score their only TD in the SB. The defense held the best QB of this generation to two offensive TDs and one was off a bad luck bounce of the football. Your own statement tells the story better than I do. The amazing defense is what usually gets SF where they need to go but the one year it isn't top tier overall....the offense still shits the bed in the Superbowl. I'm no fan of Wilks, but he did a pretty damn good job especially in the SB. If Shanahan wasn't afraid to admit to fuckups, he'd give the playcalling duties away right now.
KC's defense is way better than their offense this year. That said, the SF Defense played great in the superbowl. Wilks wasn't fired based on that game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't know if I can say San Fran's offense shit the bed in the Super Bowl. They scored more points than Miami and Baltimore did combined against KC's D.

• 2Like