2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Sterling

El Presidente
People forgetting the Hershel Walker trade?
walker trade.PNG

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Good on the Broncos for at least getting some picks for parts everyone knows they can't afford anymore.

I'm not quite sure I understand the Browns' push, however.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Feels like a bit of a desperate attempt to justify the Watson trade by surrounding him with a lot of would be weapons

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Browns have one of the best defenses and running backs in the league. Gotta go all in while you can.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Feels like a bit of a desperate attempt to justify the Watson trade by surrounding him with a lot of would be weapons
I mean the fact that he must actually be retarded to be a fucking star quarterback with millions of dollars but not bother to find discrete prostitutes should have been enough of a warning flag but talent wise he put up stellar numbers during the last season he actually played with the Texans despite the franchise being a 4-12 trainwreck. He had over 1.5 seasons of rust to explain his 2022 performance and in 2023 it seemed like he was finally shaking the rust off until it was revealed he needed shoulder surgery. Even if the defense did most of the work last season, Watson did go 5-1 in the games he started compared to the 11-6 record the team posted .

Fadaar

That guy
got damn guess they want to try and go for another ring before the core all retires or gets their paydays

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean the fact that he must actually be retarded to be a fucking star quarterback with millions of dollars but not bother to find discrete prostitutes should have been enough of a warning flag but talent wise he put up stellar numbers during the last season he actually played with the Texans despite the franchise being a 4-12 trainwreck. He had over 1.5 seasons of rust to explain his 2022 performance and in 2023 it seemed like he was finally shaking the rust off until it was revealed he needed shoulder surgery. Even if the defense did most of the work last season, Watson did go 5-1 in the games he started compared to the 11-6 record the team posted .

5-1, but he threw for only 1100 yards in 6 starts, 61% completion percentage, only 7 TDs to 4 picks, passer rating of 84. I mean shit...in 3 of those wins the opponents scored 3, 3, and 0 points. In another one (Indy) he only threw 5 passes completing 1 before leaving the game. Only topped 60% completion percentage in 2 of his starts. He really only had 2 decent games, v Tennessee and Baltimore. Titans sucked and Baltimore kinda choked that game away.

I'm just not convinced he can shake off the rust of missing that much time, and put all the bs behind him.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
As a Bronco fan, I'm glad the team cut Wilson loose. His strength was always being a mobile QB, not a pocket passer. Mobile QBs tend to not have a long life expectancy if that's all they can rely on. He was pretty safe with his throws though, and his stat lines gave his apologists something to stand on.

I definitely agree with what was said about him being toxic in the lockerroon. What Hugger Hackett allowed him to do when he got to Denver was straight retarded.

As for the most recent season, some mentioned throughout the year that Wilson wasn't able to execute the Sean Payton offense and we saw proof of that. Tensions obviously bubbled over and resulted in Payton (rightfully) unloading on Wilson.

I remember Seahawks fans warning the Bronco fan base about Wilson's shortcomings too, but few wanted to listen. Emotions tend to take over when it comes to sports, and cloud peoples' judgment.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
5-1, but he threw for only 1100 yards in 6 starts, 61% completion percentage, only 7 TDs to 4 picks, passer rating of 84. I mean shit...in 3 of those wins the opponents scored 3, 3, and 0 points. In another one (Indy) he only threw 5 passes completing 1 before leaving the game. Only topped 60% completion percentage in 2 of his starts. He really only had 2 decent games, v Tennessee and Baltimore. Titans sucked and Baltimore kinda choked that game away.

I'm just not convinced he can shake off the rust of missing that much time, and put all the bs behind him.

I'm not sure he even cares at this point. Nothing screams that this guy cares to prove anyone wrong. That he's driven to win like he once was. He's a Kirk Cousins that has already finished cashing in and has nothing left to prove.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Kinda surprised Steelers actually did it.
A little surprised but I think it makes sense. They don't have a QB on the roster that is of starting quality and they're picking 20th. Wilson is basically free (unlike the money Cousins will get) and no one expects him to hold the position for more than a few years at most so they're probably hoping to draft someone to develop underneath him.

It will be interesting to see how Wilson comports himself, going from an old school discipline guy like Payton to a player friendly guy in Tomlin.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People forgetting the Hershel Walker trade?
View attachment 518889
Pre Cap era, but still a contender for worst trade ever. This is basically how Jerry bought himself a SB winning team at least on the defensive side of the ball. Vikings sucked for years after that and Dallas was basically the Yankees of football, playing with a roster twice as expensive as most other teams.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Pre Cap era, but still a contender for worst trade ever. This is basically how Jerry bought himself a SB winning team at least on the defensive side of the ball. Vikings sucked for years after that and Dallas was basically the Yankees of football, playing with a roster twice as expensive as most other teams.
A bunch of draft picks is "buying" a Superbowl??? Jesus dude, get a grip. The "buying" wasn't trading for the picks. It was signing Charles Hayley, and later Deion as free agents. Draft picks have NEVER been considered buying anything

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users