2023 Academy Awards. No Baldies allowed!

joz123

Potato del Grande
when i was flying ppl were either watching eeaao or maverik
Mood What GIF by NBC

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't watch the show but ive seen every movie almost but EEAO and the awards are clown show still it seems

Two white strait males having a pissing contest never had a chance. The movie is depressing as shit but want to rewatch

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

I didn't know this was a thing before seeing that article.

Cybsled

If you look at the quota thing, only 1 of the 4 categories are actual movie plot or actors. The majority of it is crew/studio related stuff and you have to meet 2 of the categories for best picture eligibility.

While the forced quota thing is questionable for a best picture nomination, realistically this is a pretty low bar to hurdle for studios

Juvarisx

Florida
If you look at the quota thing, only 1 of the 4 categories are actual movie plot or actors. The majority of it is crew/studio related stuff and you have to meet 2 of the categories for best picture eligibility.

While the forced quota thing is questionable for a best picture nomination, realistically this is a pretty low bar to hurdle for studios

I am sure if you really go through the credits, you will find most movies meet the standards and have so for years. For instance Tarantino's movies were exclusively edited by Sally Menke until she died, now he uses her protégé. Most films will just meet it by crew and marketing.

Dreyfuss being quoted whining that he will never play a back man is probably the dumbest shit I have ever read in any case lol.