2023 Academy Awards. No Baldies allowed!

spronk

FPS noob
Done!
My personal best picture ranking for 2022:

1. Everything Everywhere all at Once
2. The Banshees of Inisherin
3. Triangle of Sadness
4. All quiet on the western front
5. The Fablemans
6. Top Gun: Maverick
7. Avatar: The Way of the Water
8. Women Talking
9. Tar
10. Elvis

I've watched everything other than Woman Talking too now (my life is mostly WOMAN ALWAYS TALKING so i don't need more of that shit) and my rankings would be

1. Top Gun Maverick - amazing movie, audience favorite, better than the original, a family movie
2. Everything Everywhere All At Once - cool scifi story, rarely Academy honors scifi. Michelle Yeoh has killed it her whole life and deserves a win, along with the dude from Goonies
3. Banshees of Inisherin - basically a "guys will understand, women will think guys are retarded" (kinda right) movie. Nothing much happens. Its a bit violent so definitely not for kids. BEAUTIFUL irish scenery/filming though so if you lap that shit up, go watch it. its streaming somewhere. The entire cast is fantastic. Racist movie though, no black people in 1920s Ireland.
4. All Quiet - another war movie, good though and on netflix
5. Elvis - Tom Hanks sucks but the dude playing Elvis is great and the story is interesting
6. Avatar - blue CGI sploosh fest
7. Triangle of Sadness - interesting ideas but just too ham fisted and artsy/pretentious, "hipster Euro movie"
8. Tar - i didn't hate it but it wasn't really that interesting. Some neat stuff about Fight Club style visuals that make you wonder whats real and whats not I guess
9. Fablemans - boring ass story about a boring guy who likes movies and is super Jewy
10. Women Talking - who cares

I'm pretty sure Everything Everywhere will do a big sweep at the oscars including best picture, best actress (Yeoh), and best supporting (Data/Short Round) and its well deserved. If Fablemans or Tar wins a few awards its basically nepotism as usual.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Two supporting wins for EEAAO

Deserved

Then into a faggotry song dedicated to those identifying as women

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Puss n boots lost, amazing way to dig your hole

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Again, not the best year for movies. But, it seems like they got most of the awards somewhat correct. I'd have given Top Gun most of the awards it was nominated in, but we all knew that was never going to happen.

The Brendan Fraser win was probably so the feel good moment of the night, along with Ke Huy Quan. Also, Michelle Yeoh deserved a lifetime achievement Oscar, even if I personally didn't like Everything Everywhere.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I’m so happy for Brendan. Dude was all over my childhood. Encino man. School ties. With Honor. We don’t even need to go into mummy. Dude was a star. And some little Jewey fag demanded gay sex from him and he said no. And he lost his career. He lost his wife. He was broke. Now he’s back at the top. Love to see it. Seems like a legit good man and it’s sad he was wronged.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Fraser is a better example to me too than a single woman yet it’s ignored. He refused and was ruined. J Law sat on Harvey’s face for millions. Fuck that cunt

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
biden flation swag bag
$225,000

$125,000

(2022 was 138k)

these swag bags look like bullshit, basically price is right vacations and lulz free plastic surgery
The biggest gift in this years’ Oscar gift bag? A three-night stay in a remote, luxury property in Canada, totaling $40,000, per CNBC.

The estate includes “a fully-stocked fridge filled with gourmet foods (and) an in-home movie theater,” plus a “965 Shelby AC Cobra 427 Roadster as well as a 2023 McLaren Artura” that visitors can use as much as they’d like.

Along with “dozens of other items and vouchers,” gift bags include:

• A three-night stay at Faro Punta Imperatore Lighthouse in Italy, valued at $9,000. Nominees can take up to seven friends.
  • One $50 square-meter plot of land in Australia through a conservation project, Pieces of Australia.
  • An arm liposuction procedure, valued at $12,000, from Dr. Thomas Su.
  • A $7,000 hair restoration consultation with “leading hair transplant surgeon” Dr. Alan J. Bauman.
  • Various procedures, including botox, laser skin resurfacing and chemical peels, for up to $10,000 by Dr. Konstantin Vasyukevich.
  • Shinery Radiance Wash, which “cleans your jewelry while you wash your hands.”

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fraser is a better example to me too than a single woman yet it’s ignored. He refused and was ruined. J Law sat on Harvey’s face for millions. Fuck that cunt
Seems ironic when he responded to the incident like a woman would.

The alleged incident left Fraser overcome with panic and fear. “I felt ill,” he said, recalling his emotions after he removed Berk’s hand. “I felt like a little kid. I felt like there was a ball in my throat. I thought I was going to cry. I felt like someone had thrown invisible paint on me.”

He probably wouldn't have lost his wife if he hadn't made her feel like she wasn't in a heterosexual relationship anymore.

• 1Worf

joz123

Potato del Grande
biden flation swag bag
$225,000

$125,000

(2022 was 138k)

these swag bags look like bullshit, basically price is right vacations and lulz free plastic surgery
Ya the swagbags have always been shit like that. Think Gervais had some joke about the actors not really caring about the awards and just wanting the swag.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I’m just glad that Ke Huy Quan has had a such a good run this past year. He seems just so genuinely grateful that people didn’t forget who he was and that he survived the Hollywood machine that chews people (especially kids) up and spits them out.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
EEAAO cleaned house and they deserved it.

Only sad part is that it overshadows the insane greatness of Banshees of Inisherin.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hate Hollywood and the Oscars, but can't help but feel good about the EEAAO actors and Fraser.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Seems ironic when he responded to the incident like a woman would.

He probably wouldn't have lost his wife if he hadn't made her feel like she wasn't in a heterosexual relationship anymore.

Yeah good point. Not everyone is as honed in and bad ass as you. I bet in that situation you would have just knuckled down and slurped that dick right up, like a man.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah good point. Not everyone is as honed in and bad ass as you. I bet in that situation you would have just knuckled down and slurped that dick right up, like a man.
Strange that your mind immediately takes you to submissive cocksucking when the correct option was to beat the fucking shekels out of that dirty early lifer. If you're gonna get blacklisted either way, might as well take the option where your wife still thinks of you as a man.

• 1Edgelord

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ke Huy Quan winning best actor is an interesting bag of emotions. I know nothing of EEAO's casting or backstory but I'm guessing that conversation went like, "OK, we need to cast a man who represents a lifetime of regret. We'll spend a few hours deriding him as a fucking loser who held back the protagonist, who should we cast? I dunno, is that one asian kid from the goonies and indiana jones still alive? He's perfect to be Mr. Disappointment".

Him portraying well-meaning failure and mediocrity, winning an Oscar from it and now being on top of the world is kind of a pyrhic victory.

Cybsled

It’s too bad in a way Indiana Jones 5 was made when it was. If it was being made after Ke Huy Quan’s resurgence, then Indy could have passed the torch to an adult Short Round instead and the fans would probably have been more on board with it

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
EEAAO cleaned house and they deserved it.

Only sad part is that it overshadows the insane greatness of Banshees of Inisherin.
I haven't watched EEAAO guess I need to. I really thought Banshees was going to be the one killing it

• 2Like