2023 Blizzcon Reaction Thread

Goonsquad Officer
When you guys say "Classic+" what are you all asking for? Not sure what that would entail.

This is coming from someone who hasn't played "classic" since actual classic. I quit a couple months into Cata and haven't been back.
as asmon theorized in some video. classic plus would be like...they choose a cut off point after the early expansions, and expand on those instead of the new shit. wipe away new lore, just make it about big sweaty guys fighting each other again. and arthas isn't a poof of light.

but given what i've read from peoples comments, that was not what they're talking about with this new classic thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

s asmon theorized in some video. classic plus would be like...they choose a cut off point after the early expansions, and expand on those instead of the new shit. wipe away new lore, just make it about big sweaty guys fighting each other again. and arthas isn't a poof of light

That is just copium. They’re asking for a full reboot of the lore and franchise. That isn’t happening outside WoW2.

Goonsquad Officer
That is just copium. They’re asking for a full reboot of the lore and franchise. That isn’t happening outside WoW2.
yea. though i think the core of the request is like...built on the classic core everyone wants, not the new systems everyone hates.

But yea blizzard wouldn't pull off what they wanted either way.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Instead, we're getting a server with modern wow abilities as Artifact powers on gear slots

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Classic+ wanters usually want completion of story-threads/content that was planned for vanilla, but was scrapped. Stuff like the Scarlet Crusade raid, a non-Cata Gilneas or Uldum, zones you saw on the old map that weren't active, etc.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

It sounds like wow retail is going mine that instead. Metzen literally talked about abandoned or ignored plot lines or story elements from the old game when they announced their Hydalin vs Zodiark story arc

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am unironically curious why some of you still give Blizzard money. Is it because you just can't let go of the past or do you really think that they'll somehow change their ways? Are you expecting some big contrition at this years Blizzcon akin to the BP oil spill Southpark meme? Or do you perhaps just have brain damage?
battered spouse syndrome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Classic+ wanters usually want completion of story-threads/content that was planned for vanilla, but was scrapped. Stuff like the Scarlet Crusade raid, a non-Cata Gilneas or Uldum, zones you saw on the old map that weren't active, etc.

Oh cool yeah, that's a neat idea. Still wouldn't get me to play, but I might watch a video or two.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Haven't given them money in quite a while, but I'll be honest, a classic+ would be tempting to see what they do.

In Discord if anyone wants to hang and enjoy the trainwreck.

I'd rather just play turtle wow for free.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am unironically curious why some of you still give Blizzard money. Is it because you just can't let go of the past or do you really think that they'll somehow change their ways? Are you expecting some big contrition at this years Blizzcon akin to the BP oil spill Southpark meme? Or do you perhaps just have brain damage?
30+ million gold turns into blizzard bucks to pay for all things blizzard. I haven't given Blizzard any of my money in probably 10 years (when did they start the token?).

I'm hoping Microsoft switch's blizzard bucks over to XBawx credit, then I will probably never touch a Blizzard product again. Otherwise, if it looks like Microsoft is going to keep Blizzard separate, I will probably keep playing WoW xpacs for a month or few.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Wish they would have done the alt friendly stuff several expansions ago.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hero talents sound cool, but honestly just seems like another balancing nightmare for the game, or just more "this is the correct shit to pick."

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ditch the trash fatties, homos, queers, commies, and faggots... and get busy making my fucking World of Starcraft losers. I need Jim Raynor to Warchief up some mother fucking raids.

taurenmarine.jpg

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So far kinda even more mid than I expected. Wow expac is meh whatever at this point.

Lol@overwatch.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ditch the trash fatties, homos, queers, commies, and faggots... and get busy making my fucking World of Starcraft losers. I need Jim Raynor to Warchief up some mother fucking raids.

taurenmarine.jpg

I would kill for a well done sci fi MMO. All I see is fantasy, fantasy, fantasy!

Sure SC would have some of it with zerg, but man imagine the terran/protoss side.

Granted, any MMO these days , is usually tarnished/ruined by design decisions and/or monetization decisions anyway.

Daidraco

Is that dude wearing a giant bow in his hair? Christ...
Jesus... I didnt even realize it until you pointed it out. I guess if you're a white male thats just a shitty level of coder, the requirement to be hired into the gaming software industry is to be a faggot / transgender.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
30+ million gold turns into blizzard bucks to pay for all things blizzard. I haven't given Blizzard any of my money in probably 10 years (when did they start the token?).

I'm hoping Microsoft switch's blizzard bucks over to XBawx credit, then I will probably never touch a Blizzard product again. Otherwise, if it looks like Microsoft is going to keep Blizzard separate, I will probably keep playing WoW xpacs for a month or few.

So whether or not you waste your time playing Blizzard products has nothing to do with your enjoyment of the game(s)... it has to do with whether or not they're letting you do it for free? Like, it's some FOMO / sunk cost fallacy gone amuck? You have a pile of gold, so if you don't buy subs and play shit games with it, you're missing out?

That's fucked up man. Reevaluate your life.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users