2023 Blizzcon Reaction Thread

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
why the fuck would they even have a blizzcon when they have nothing big to announce?

• 1Faggotry
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Anyone here an Overwatch fan? Was that, like, good? Looked terrible to me, like "here's a whole lot of nothing!" kind of shit.
I am a fan of the pro scene, which is good in spite of blizzard really. Was probably better before they stuck their foot in it.

I fell asleep before the ceremony thing and woke up and went on youtube and watched the rest of the games fast forwarding past the junx. The last game put me to sleep again though so sounds like I didn't miss anything.

USA got stomped so go Finland!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Good god that cinematic is awful. 4 minutes of them standing around talking when the story/lore of modern WoW is absolutely pants on head retarded.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Good god that cinematic is awful. 4 minutes of them standing around talking when the story/lore of modern WoW is absolutely pants on head retarded.

Winter Queen Bastion GIF by World of Warcraft

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

Would have been fine if it was just one of those character piece cinematics like Old Soldier was with Saurfang and Zappyboi. But as the official expansion trailer? It's probably the worst one they've made.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
In case any of you were somehow still giving Blizzard your money

rnxmob4pobyb1.jpg

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Truth!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hey look, a stupid person on the internet acting like a homo putz.

Don't see that very often, not these days what since the social media took over.

She writes and designs for Overwatch

The inmates run the asylum at Blizzard

• 4Like
  • 3Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Overwatch really is the hub for the all fucking whack jobs. No wonder that game never interested me.

• 4Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm many hours behind because I fell asleep, but that concert :emoji_laughing:

Starts with what sounds like one of those taco bell rat dogs yapping, followed by obvious lip-sync.

The skirt girls probably got told to put on some shorts because a saudi prince is in the audience :emoji_laughing:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What it was like to go in person this year (Disclaimer: I did not and would not ever, simply posting this here)

edit: Daaaammmnnnn it got removed, Blizzard must have thrown a shitfest at the reddit mods to get it taken down
edit2: repost on a different sub

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

Daidraco

If you paid $800 extra dollars to go to a companies 3 day long infomercial

joker-arthur.gif
I have never, ever, understood why people would pay to go to Blizzcon or E3 ANY of that shit. Why the fuck are you paying to go see advertisements for products? It makes no fucking sense. I may go to a Tournament for an Esport one day, but thats about the closest thing I would even remotely consider paying for.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What it was like to go in person this year (Disclaimer: I did not and would not ever, simply posting this here)

edit: Daaaammmnnnn it got removed, Blizzard must have thrown a shitfest at the reddit mods to get it taken down
The Feddits already removed it. What was it about?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They go for the chance to be chosen for the Cosby room

• 1Worf

Malakriss

The Feddits already removed it. What was it about?
Put a new link when it got reposted to a different sub. Describes how awful the convention was run this year.

"From what I’ve heard they fired their events team that handle things like Blizzcon during the pandemic, and used 3rd parties to organize it this year."

• 1Worf

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I have never, ever, understood why people would pay to go to Blizzcon or E3 ANY of that shit. Why the fuck are you paying to go see advertisements for products? It makes no fucking sense. I may go to a Tournament for an Esport one day, but thats about the closest thing I would even remotely consider paying for.

For me, anyway, it was always an opportunity to meet/see guildies old and new since it's a single date folks can plan around and we'd have some bumper days around the convention to go fuck around Anaheim/Disney/Knotts, etc. Some of my best memories are from the Blizzcons I attended. And for almost all the years I went, the event itself was a lot of fun; getting swag, watching the SC2, games live, getting photos with the casters/players, chilling at the hotel next to the convention center and just mingling with all kinds of people famous or unknown in the scene. It was sad when I finally got to take my husband to his first Blizzcon in 2018 and you could tell it was already declining in quality quite a bit, so he never really got to enjoy a good one. Less people I knew playing, too, so there weren't as many folks to hang out with.

• 1Like