2024-2025 NFL Season - Dak Prescott's MVP Tour Part 2

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
What's everyone's consensus on the top three QB's? All three out the league after first contract is up? All three the next big thing? Williams folds in the NFL?
My predictions:

Caleb Williams: OK, but a head case. For a first overall pick, he'll be going into a better than average situation with the supporting cast around him. I think he'll show flashes of top tier talent and have some good games early on, but he won't be worth the drama and demands coming off his rookie contract, will eventually end up being a mercenary like Cousins.

Drake Maye: I've barely seen him play. From all the scouting reports I've seen, seems like the prototypical "ideal height with a great arm" prospect like a Drew Lock. Don't think he'll do much, guessing he goes third to the Pats.

Jayden Daniels: I think he's got the highest ceiling of any QB in the draft, just not sure of any longevity, kind of like RG3. I think he'll go to Washington, so, will be interesting to see if they RG3 the next RG3.

McCarthy: I've seen him play the most out of anyone. As a first rounder, I think he's going to be a huge bust. If he ends up being a mid to late round pick and afforded some time to continue to develop, he might be a serviceable starter, but as a first he's going to be thrown to the wolves. I'll be kind of surprised if he goes in the top 10.

In terms of value in the draft, I like Penix and Travis. I think they're both going to fall to a late 2nd round or beyond due to their age and injury history, but I think both could be great starters in the right situation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Caleb Williams - Justin Fields 2.0. He's Marcus Mariota, Kyler Murray, etc. A good NFL QB that will need significant talent around him to be very successful.

Drake Maye - My personal favorite as the best QB of the draft. As long as whatever team drafts him doesn't pull a David Carr / Andrew Luck and completely ignore the O-Line in front of him, he'll be really good.

JJ McCarthy - Most overhyped QB of the draft. Guaranteed bust if taken in the top 3.

No Jaden Daniels?

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I really don't understand the all the sudden hype on JJ McCarthy. My wife is a Michigan Alum so we watched quite a few games last season. He wasn't the reason Michigan was good. Look at his stats near the end of the season. He mostly handed the ball off with an occasional short pass. His numbers aren't good for college. What makes anyone think he'll be successful in the pros?

1711772397557.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What makes anyone think he'll be successful in the pros?
My guess is artificially manufactured hype from scouts who should have been fired and banned from the league after doing that with Zach Wilson

• 2Like

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider

kinda interesting move by the 9'ers
Seems like a lot for a predominantly blocking TE. He's got good hands and was pretty reliable when called upon in the passing game though. I think he was missed in the NFC championship game last year. If the Lions don't match, I think he'll be a great role player in SF.

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
I really don't understand the all the sudden hype on JJ McCarthy. My wife is a Michigan Alum so we watched quite a few games last season. He wasn't the reason Michigan was good. Look at his stats near the end of the season. He mostly handed the ball off with an occasional short pass. His numbers aren't good for college. What makes anyone think he'll be successful in the pros?

View attachment 522101
Come on, "He's a winner!" That argument worked out so well for Tebow after all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Kirun Kirun early congrats on the Super Bowl win in the Chargers vs niners SB 59🏆

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
How dumb do you have to be to run away from a crash where presumably the cars are registered or linked to you in some way? I mean, maybe they were drunk, and they don't want to cop the DUI. Whatever, scumbags could have easily killed someone like that raiders receiver. Why can't my team pick some receivers that aren't human refuse?

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How dumb do you have to be to run away from a crash where presumably the cars are registered or linked to you in some way? I mean, maybe they were drunk, and they don't want to cop the DUI. Whatever, scumbags could have easily killed someone like that raiders receiver. Why can't my team pick some receivers that aren't human refuse?

I know someone that is available.....

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Could careless if you guys are tired of AB

He’s a national treasure.

• 2Worf