2026-2027 NFL Season - The Vikings Are Looking For Their Sam Darnold

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4,893
5,927
I don’t have a strong opinion either way but I do believe teams will fall over themselves to draft a Manning QB in the first round.
I don't pay close attention to College Football, but the podcasts guy's that I do listen to all say he is maybe the 5th best QB in this upcoming draft class. Nevertheless, he will probably go #1 or #2 because of the name.
 

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
31,786
26,478
I don't pay close attention to College Football, but the podcasts guy's that I do listen to all say he is maybe the 5th best QB in this upcoming draft class. Nevertheless, he will probably go #1 or #2 because of the name.
Or because of the incoming national championship.
 

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
16,229
7,673
What did they do? Was it for terrible calls, or like scratching their asses while the camera was on them?


Seaman was caught on camera telling a cardinals player 'fuck you' multiple times after a play. Hill got accidentally ran over and the player tried to help him up, instead he got up and started bitching him out
 
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,278
10,970
Falcons making this a boring game. Too bad, they always give the Panthers a fit. It's still a race to the bottom with the NFC South.
 

Needless

Toe Sucker
<Silver Donator>
10,137
4,028
lost fantasy this week because of brian robinson's greed, they were all for bijan god damnit!!

1791257700349.png
 

Wombat

Blackwing Lair Raider
2,961
1,593
is it racist of me not liking a single black QB? It's been like this forever
If we're actually going to have a serious conversation about this:

'Black' QB really means Running QB in the modern era. Expecting Running QBs to have all the skills of a traditional pocket passer (accuracy, decision making, defense processing) AND the durability, physicality, etc. to survive numerous run plays a game is a small candidate pool. (There's a reason why so many of them drop out immediately as soon as they lose their legs - their passing skills were never equivalent to a traditional pocket passer in the first place.)

Then requiring the mediagenic personality, business decisions, etc. to make that player a marketable star winnows the candidate pool even further.

And since we're being serious, the family having the disposable income to send as a kid for the personal training and camps to help them get ahead of the rest of the potential QB pool at the High School / College level they need to be a serious NFL candidate.

It's worth pointing out how many of the mediagenic 'Black' QBs we do have are mixed, with (IIRC) Mahomes, Prescott, and Love all being half white.

To summarize, the candidate pool that have all the skills and traits needed to be a pocket passer, a runner, and a mediagenic star is very, very tiny.

Or to put it less charitably, if the median Black QB is Lamar Jackson, I'm not shocked you haven't been swayed by their charisma.

(That said, do people really hate Mahomes or Prescott, other than Mahomes' success level early on?)
 

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
16,527
1,257
As much as I want to hate the cowboys, Dak has a pretty cool story. He grew up in a trailer park in Louisiana and his Mom managed a truck stop. He definitely had a lot less help than the Arch Mannings of the world. It's also sad that his mom died of cancer while he was in college and never got to see him become rich and famous.
 

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4,893
5,927
As much as I want to hate the cowboys, Dak has a pretty cool story. He grew up in a trailer park in Louisiana and his Mom managed a truck stop. He definitely had a lot less help than the Arch Mannings of the world. It's also sad that his mom died of cancer while he was in college and never got to see him become rich and famous.
As a Cowboys fan, I love Dak. It hasn't been great every season and we have never done anything in the playoffs... but I have lived enough life to know what it's like to have a revolving door of QB's you know give you zero shot at anything. So, I gladly take the Dak era.

With Dak, we have always had a chance. And despite the occasional TMZ headline, he has been a great leader of the team and face of the organization.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
46,561
57,921
ut I have lived enough life to know what it's like to have a revolving door of QB's you know give you zero shot at anything
are you 70 years old or are you talking about the NFL in general? Because aside from the period between Aikman and Romo the Cowboys have been very stable at the QB position.

Also Sam Darnold just won the Super Bowl. Nick Foles won a Super Bowl against Tom Brady. Trent fucking Dilfer won a Super Bowl.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user