24: Legacy

spronk

FPS noob
24: Undertaker WWE edition

iMYb4lJ.gif

season finale is next week. the last 2-3 episodes of the season will end up pretty good in that ridiculous "wut" 24 way, but overall the season is absolute garbage and should not be renewed

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
how many moles were there? this show must have gotten good ratings if it wasnt yanked off the air after a few episodes like Fox is well known for doing. black bauer must be kicking ass.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've been watching this, and it's not entirely terrible, but compared to many of the previous 24's, it's one of the weakest.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
needs more Kiefer. too bad he is on a tv show that was renewed for a second season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Not surprised the show got cancelled. I had to force myself to finish the last few episodes since the plot got completely retarded (more so than it was from the start, which was weak to begin with).

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fox has given a script commitment to a female-led drama series in its “24” franchise. The latest iteration would maintain the real-time conceit but would be set in the realm of criminal justice.

????

This show's appeal was a vigilante Jack Baur going around breaking all the rules. And I don't think it would've lasted as long without Sutherland. This isn't going to make it one season.

It's going to be as successful as Ghostbusters(2016)

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
????

This show's appeal was a vigilante Jack Baur going around breaking all the rules. And I don't think it would've lasted as long without Sutherland. This isn't going to make it one season.

It's going to be as successful as Ghostbusters(2016)
jack bauer will never be duplicated

• 1Solidarity

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
A female Bauer would be interesting, but who to cast in that role? You'd need someone with intelligence but has that creepy psycho vibe to pull it off.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
its not 24 Chick Spy, its 24 Ally McBeal - the 24 hour format applied to like legal dramas, CSI, etc

basically only a show you'd watch if your girl made you

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
A female Bauer would be interesting, but who to cast in that role? You'd need someone with intelligence but has that creepy psycho vibe to pull it off.

I bet you Adrianne Palicki could pull it off, but the writing would likely be terrible due to studio sjw horseshit.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow I didn't realize this got canceled. We made it to like hour 5 I think... it was when the ugly agent interrogated her father in law in an enhanced manner. I dunno, it was basically the same exact tropes they used in the first few seasons. IE quick torture sessions of the bad guys, mis direction on who the bad guys actually were and their motives. I just figured that being 20 years older, what was cool then was just dumb now. I don't even think Sutherland could save this show, and to be honest the one he's working on now, is a DNC campaign video very very thinly veiled as a TV show, so he'd suck it up too.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wow I didn't realize this got canceled. We made it to like hour 5 I think... it was when the ugly agent interrogated her father in law in an enhanced manner. I dunno, it was basically the same exact tropes they used in the first few seasons. IE quick torture sessions of the bad guys, mis direction on who the bad guys actually were and their motives. I just figured that being 20 years older, what was cool then was just dumb now. I don't even think Sutherland could save this show, and to be honest the one he's working on now, is a DNC campaign video very very thinly veiled as a TV show, so he'd suck it up too.
oh come on, it wasnt that old. 16 years ago it started and it pretty much reinvented serialized television. before that they were hitting the reset button on every TV show with very few minor callbacks from episode to episode. they did that keeping in mind that some people would miss an episode and be cut out of the story loop. KS is an older man now, he likely isnt as threatening as he once was, but i fucking loved the last season he did so the magic is still there if done right.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
oh come on, it wasnt that old. 16 years ago it started and it pretty much reinvented serialized television. before that they were hitting the reset button on every TV show with very few minor callbacks from episode to episode. they did that keeping in mind that some people would miss an episode and be cut out of the story loop. KS is an older man now, he likely isnt as threatening as he once was, but i fucking loved the last season he did so the magic is still there if done right.

It's hard for me to explain. I just remembered Jack chasing down the bad guy who was about to blow up the city, and he'd take him into an abandoned warehouse and torture the answers out of him. Or they'd have some convoluted plot to pull something off. Things like that, and watching Legacy, it was like a check list of all the coolest moments, and they weren't so cool. I'm not saying 24 didn't totally revolutionize TV because it did. The whole concept of 24 hours being played out each week was killer, and I don't regret watching them at all. But just saying it didn't age very well is all.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's hard for me to explain. I just remembered Jack chasing down the bad guy who was about to blow up the city, and he'd take him into an abandoned warehouse and torture the answers out of him. Or they'd have some convoluted plot to pull something off. Things like that, and watching Legacy, it was like a check list of all the coolest moments, and they weren't so cool. I'm not saying 24 didn't totally revolutionize TV because it did. The whole concept of 24 hours being played out each week was killer, and I don't regret watching them at all. But just saying it didn't age very well is all.
i agree, if done by somebody else. breaking all the rules and killing the fuck out of the bad guys was jack bauer's thing. NOBODY else did it like him, so i can understand why making somebody else just like him would look like a shit gimmick. there is only one jack bauer and 24 was jack bauer. cant have one without the other.