24: Legacy

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Maybe the plot is Chloe was actually the evil mastermind behind everything in the ultimate long con

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
Because it sucks ...
SAeYA.gif

spronk

FPS noob
well two episodes have aired now... and it sucks

Its ok watching in the moment, a lot of decent action scenes and typical 24 stuff like moles fucking everywhere, people arresting other people right before they are about to save the day, many interrogations and double crosses and stare downs, and people getting from one side of the city to the other in a few seconds.

Still, the story is absolute trash so far, so weird they cast Allison from Homeland in what is a very similar role. I have to imagine the audience overlap is huge so why do that. The main plot thread makes zero sense, but whatever usually 24 dovetails into "the real story" halfway in anyways.

Most of the mainline terrorists seem pretty scary, just killing everyone with zero remorse, but jail bait terrorist and her science teacher are just terrible. I hope they blow themselves up soon. She is fine as fuck though, hope she is over 18 IRL.

Casting is pretty much universally terrible, the main guy is tall and skinny and doesn't really look anything like a scary special ops guy. Its funny how I guess its supposed to be progressive that he is black.... but he comes from the hood and has a drug dealer brother, because I guess all black people share that background? WHOSE THE RACIST NOW, FOX

I'm glad its just 12 episodes, i'll watch but expect it to be terrible and cancelled. Unless they have a Jack cameo. That might redeem it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watching second episode now, it's 24 but without Jack.

That means the usual moles, betrayals, lame side stories and hugely predictable.

I feel like Jack was the consistency that papered over the above faults, the new guy doesn't have the charisma to do this

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
but he comes from the hood and has a drug dealer brother, because I guess all black people share that background? .

The way they've executed that plot line is just terrible - if The Wire was 9 or 10/10 for realistic portrayal of the ghetto then 24 Legacy gets 0/10

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
@Neuromancer

Got a quick review since you were so die hard on original 24?
It is the same as every other season.

There is always the main plot which CTU is aware of. This season it is the ranger team killed and the list of sleeper cells.
Then the sub plot that the viewers are aware of. This season it is the serbian sleeper cell with a high school girl.
Then the complete side plot that involves a family member. This season it is the wife and the gang.

It is all pretty par for the course. Did you like how they name dropped Edgar Stiles?

It's not garbage TV or anything but not amazing. Without Keifer it makes me a little sad but I still enjoy it enough to watch it. This season might be better than the last one though. The Chloe and Jack chronicles were not exactly amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys have all seen 24 before. Nothing that happens now will mean anything by the end of the season. The real bad guy will be introduced in the second to last episode.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You guys have all seen 24 before. Nothing that happens now will mean anything by the end of the season. The real bad guy will be introduced in the second to last episode.
And? Millions and millions watch procedural crime dramas and those have less originality than even 24.

spronk

FPS noob

i bet he will be russian

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Black Bauer doing work. He doesn't carry the show as well as Keifer though.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm waiting for the cameos to start up. Not sure who all is dead or alive after all these years, not that it probably matters. Episode 5 we'll get to see Jack's daughter. Episode 6 David Palmer will make an appearance. Episode 8 will be Tony Almeida. Jack will finally show up in episode 10 as the bad guy this time around and in episode 12 we'll get a very special cameo from the mountain lion.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users