300: Rise of an empire

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Any chance it can be as good as the first one?

rrr_img_26063.jpg

rrr_img_26064.jpg

rrr_img_26065.jpg

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
An hour and a half of stylized ass-kickery. Hard to see how this wouldn't be worth seeing.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Maybe in the same way not-Andy sucked at first compared to Andy in Spartacus? Casting matters. Let's hope they're note terrible
smile.png

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'll go for the mindless pleasure of it.. I think we all went to 300 for that anyway and ended up being surprised with it being a decent move to boot. I don't think it will be anything close to 300 but give me enough action I'll justify a matin?e price.

Szlia

How does one go from directing a romantic dramedy with Sarah Jessica Parker to directing the 300 sequel?

Siliconemelons

Is this based off the battle where the greeks taunted the Persian ships and made them make landfall and chase after the little band o greeks to an ambush and totally destroy the Persians saving...I think Sparta? from sacking or Athens...it saved one of the two... eventually Persia was able to throw its billionth person at the greeks burn down some shit then pack up and go home- but even then the greeks thoroughly embarrassed the Persians by their resistance and ability to actually stand up to them and even have some victory over the Persians throughout all this squabble... but really the Greeks did start it by burning down Darius's or his dads favorite city...that just happen to be right across the water from Greece :p for really no reason at all.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

And people thought theoriginal300 was more style than substance! This looks more like that horrible Immortals movie than 300.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
no way this is gonna be as good as the first. that trailer looks like god of war: the movie. it looks pretty and all, but where's kratos?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
considering I loved 300 b ut thought the worst part was the added queen scenes I don't see how I'd ever want to see what looks like a naval movie where a female leads.

300 was half about sparta and half about leonaidas. I don't even know what 300 rise of an empire is about.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah the original 300 was a really good movie, a good combination of styleandsubstance. But watching the trailer for the new movie it looks like style is the only winner.

What annoyed me most watching the trailer was that there were so many shots that re-used ideas from the first film. Like this new director just dug into the old bag of trick from the first film.

Can't understand how this got greenlighted without Zack Snyder directing. Considering the amount of money they would have thrown into it. Instead they use a no name.

Noam Murro? That name sounds like someone using an alias where they mixed up the letters from their actual name.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so......they now are going to fight AGAIN Xerxes?wow....they don't even try anymore lol
i think it's going to suck,maybe i'm wrong.
and who the fuck is Noam Murro?!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
so......they now are going to fight AGAIN Xerxes?wow....they don't even try anymore lol
i think it's going to suck,maybe i'm wrong.
and who the fuck is Noam Murro?!
They dont try? They "base" their story on actual history. 300 (the battle of Thermopylae) was just part of the wars. Xerxes didnt stop invading Greece because he was held up and eventually defeated the Greeks.

I mean they are very liberal with the story, but Xerxes as the villian is fine. There is so much history and story that could be used to make a great film about that war. Did they make it? Probably not. but to complain about Xerxes being used again is like complaining about hitler being in multiple WW2 films.

Also, Eva Green looks like garbage. Ive never seen her look attractive at all, but this sets new levels of "HOW DO PEOPLE THINK SHE IS SEXY". She looked better with short hair at the end of Kingdom of Heaven.