38 studios Auction Nov 14th and 15th.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'd honestly say that the number of radical Muslims is proportional with the number of radical Christians. You don't see atheists bombing abortion clinics or shooting up black churches, do you?
Does It Matter That The Suspected North Carolina Shooter Is An Atheist? | ThinkProgress

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1493690

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't think there are atheists perpetrating crimes because of their beliefs. Even if they were it would be a fraction compared to the religious.

Just don't say it doesn't happen.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
If you're going to cast a wide net on what you find to be "extremist", then there's no way you can say only 7% of Germans were Nazis and call that a fair comparison.
I gave you the opportunity to provide your own definition of what you think constitutes an extremist but so far you have pussed out and avoided giving an answer. I think anyone smarter than Forrest Gump has enough common sense to comprehend that if you are willing to commit violence and kill someone because of your religious beliefs, that makes you an extremist.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Does It Matter That The Suspected North Carolina Shooter Is An Atheist? | ThinkProgress

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't think there are atheists perpetrating crimes because of their beliefs. Even if they were it would be a fraction compared to the religious.

I think you will see a rise in atheist crimes targeting religion pretty soon. My atheist friends on Facebook are so fucking rabidly against Christians is actually kind of hilarious. They preach tolerance and oppose racism and then they post the most hateful shit ever targeting Christians. Like every Christian in the world personally writes "In God we trust" on their dollar bills.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

It was already demonstrated clearly that this shooting was over a parking spot, not religious beliefs.

Did you miss the memo? Of course not. This is you peddling one of your shitty strawman arguments again.

The Chapel Hill police quickly tried to tamp down the fears, releasing a morning statement that identified parking as the cause of the dispute, without confirming whether the victims had been shot in the head. The police chief, Chris Blue, added, "We understand the concerns about the possibility that this was hate-motivated, and we will exhaust every lead to determine if that is the case."

In the afternoon, Ripley Rand, the United States attorney for the region, said the shooting appeared to have been "an isolated incident" and "not part of a targeted campaign against Muslims."...

They had nonetheless run into previous problems over parking with the man who was arrested, Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, a former car parts salesman who was studying to be a paralegal at Durham Technical Community College.

He was one of their neighbors. They lived on opposite sides of the two-story Finley Forest complex on Summerwalk Circle, where the shooting occurred - a condominium complex tucked into the woods about a mile and a half east of the main University of North Carolina campus. Residents said Mr. Hicks's apartment was adjacent to the main parking lot; the students lived on the other side, where little parking could be found.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Because the statement I quoted was that you don't see atheists even doing it ....

Atheists do bad things all the time. They don't it because they are atheists though.
You were very passively aggressively trying to use that as a counter to the fact that christians and muslims kill directly according to their faith. Then, just in case someone would call you on the bullshit you are implying, you throw in a "caveat" so you can claim people are misrepresenting you when they mock your stupidity.

I hope they clone you and then the clone kills himself.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You were very passively aggressively trying to use that as a counter to the fact that christians and muslims kill directly according to their faith. Then, just in case someone would call you on the bullshit you are implying, you throw in a "caveat" so you can claim people are misrepresenting you when they mock your stupidity.

I hope they clone you and then the clone kills himself.
Not at all. Very specifically said that religion does do it for religion and in greater numbers.

Just don't make statements that are 100% inaccurate. If you are going to make a claim that is ambiguous or can't be substantiated then find a stance that is either unprovable either way or find something that has some question to it.

"No atheists have claimed atheism for the reason behind them killing someone else."

Now that would have been a stance that could be taken and done so quite easily with very little question.

"Christians have killed more people than the plague."

That is also an easy stance because it is leaving a lot of room since it isn't claiming they did it in the name of Christianity just that they were a Christian and they killed someone.

You are a learned man you should know how headlines and statistics are manipulated for a narrative. The narrative that etchazz was trying to convey is that atheists don't kill people, that is what religious people do. It's a bullshit stance with no ability to back it up.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Atheism is a single stance on a single issue. Of course atheists have killed people. Possibly even over their dislike for their religion.

Without the tenants of rational skepticism and humanism, atheism is bereft of purpose.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Atheism is a single stance on a single issue. Of course atheists have killed people. Possibly even over their dislike for their religion.

Without the tenants of rational skepticism and humanism, atheism is bereft of purpose.
The smart atheists like Bill Maher have enough decency to not resort to ridiculous exageration and hyperbole by trying to equate Christian extremism to Islamic extremism. Doing that just makes you come across as a fool.

Anyone who actually believes the percentage of Christians who would commit violence in the name of God is comparable to the percentage of Muslims (documented in the Pew study) is welcome to provide some factual data to back up their position.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Lets just ignore 1700 years of Christian history and then maybe in that alternate universe rescorla might be right about something for once.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If American Christianity was under threat the person attacking would be in serious fucking shit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Lets not forget that GW Bush literally sold the Iraq conflict to the Christian right as a sort of holy war, and that large portions of our military are Christians, mostly Protestant. And much of US Christian propaganda explicitly compares evangelists to combatants.

The major difference between Christianity and Islam in the modern world that allows people like rescorla to pretend the 1st through 17th centuries and later never happened is that secularists have dragged Christians kicking and screaming into the modern world and much of modern Islamic violence is an attempt to prevent that feom happening to them. In fact is a reaction to the modern world and humanism and secularism making in roads in these societies.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Lets not forget that GW Bush literally sold the Iraq conflict to the Christian right as a sort of holy war, and that large portions of our military are Christians, mostly Protestant. And much of US Christian propaganda explicitly compares evangelists to combatants.

The major difference between Christianity and Islam in the modern world that allows people like rescorla to pretend the 1st through 17th centuries and later never happened is that secularists have dragged Christians kicking and screaming into the modern world and much of modern Islamic violence is an attempt to prevent that feom happening to them. In fact is a reaction to the modern world and humanism and secularism making in roads in these societies.
Translated: hodj can't actually provide any factual data to back up his claims so he resorts back to events that happened centuries ago. In case that point went over your head, I'm only concerned with what is going on in the real world today. If you can't back up your claim, feel free to admit you were wrong.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Lets start eith the massacring and conversion at the point of the sword of every major native north and south american indigenous tribe, a process which wasnt completed until the mid part of last century, dumbfuck.

100 million dead on forst contact. Your rebuttal?

I'm only concerned with what is going on in the real world today.
So exactly what I said, if you ignore 1700 years of history, which allows you to pretend that oceans of blood havent already been spilled in your imaginary friends' name

Your argument is a fallacy of cherry picking, by the way.