4 player co-op games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Age of Empires 3 has suddenly gotten a lot of co-op play in my group.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
So fresh out of an annual LAN this weekend (virtual this year of course), we played the following:

Age of Empires 3 - we've had some crashing issues lately, frustrating
Company of Heroes 2 - a staple for years in my group
Deep Rock Galactic - this gets stale quick for me, so I just play me (engineer) role and go along
Insurgency: Sandstorm - I feel bad for the rando level 100+ guy who ends up on the server w/ 6-7 of us as we are really bad at this game
Gang Beasts - so much laughing, I'm still sore
Raft - simple survival game, easy to get most involved in
Wreckfest - always a hit in my group
Among Us - fun with 7+
Satisfactory - We put 12 hours into this over a day and a half
Barotrauma - a blowing up your own submarine simulator. We're really bad at this
Gunfire Reborn - One of my favorite games in the last year, new hero added last week is OP as fuck, probably done playing on 'normal' as a result
Pummel Party - This was a lot of fun, basically Mario Party
Rocket League - We played a couple 6-8 player tournaments. Not fun for people who are less skilled.
Golf With Your Friends - Mindless fun.
Don't Starve Together - I didn't join this game, I am consistently bad at it and feel like I'm a drag on resources

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So fresh out of an annual LAN this weekend (virtual this year of course), we played the following:

Age of Empires 3 - we've had some crashing issues lately, frustrating
Company of Heroes 2 - a staple for years in my group
Deep Rock Galactic - this gets stale quick for me, so I just play me (engineer) role and go along
Insurgency: Sandstorm - I feel bad for the rando level 100+ guy who ends up on the server w/ 6-7 of us as we are really bad at this game
Gang Beasts - so much laughing, I'm still sore
Raft - simple survival game, easy to get most involved in
Wreckfest - always a hit in my group
Among Us - fun with 7+
Satisfactory - We put 12 hours into this over a day and a half
Barotrauma - a blowing up your own submarine simulator. We're really bad at this
Gunfire Reborn - One of my favorite games in the last year, new hero added last week is OP as fuck, probably done playing on 'normal' as a result
Pummel Party - This was a lot of fun, basically Mario Party
Rocket League - We played a couple 6-8 player tournaments. Not fun for people who are less skilled.
Golf With Your Friends - Mindless fun.
Don't Starve Together - I didn't join this game, I am consistently bad at it and feel like I'm a drag on resources
How many people do you usually get? I used to go to PDX LAN, which was like 800+ person LAN party, but hasn't happened of course for a while.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
It's just my friends, we've peaked at a dozen a few years ago, but are usually around 8. Not a big production or anything, usually haul all our gear to a friend's place for ~4 days.

pwe

Just finished The Forest with 3 players. Really fun in coop and genuinely exciting both in the caves and during the awesome (quite long) ending. Lots of good stuff here.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just finished The Forest with 3 players. Really fun in coop and genuinely exciting both in the caves and during the awesome (quite long) ending. Lots of good stuff here.
Does the ending explain why the game is called The Forest but is played in a cave?

• 1Worf

Crone

It's just my friends, we've peaked at a dozen a few years ago, but are usually around 8. Not a big production or anything, usually haul all our gear to a friend's place for ~4 days.
Bad ass. I have a few guys I work with that have this going on a couple times a year. A gaming group makes every game better!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Workerbee

Molten Core Raider
Why do all your posts I’ve seen include pro Tencent sentiments? Got a thing for the CCP?

Because I - unlike scumlord that you are - selfishly care only for the joy I get from games without having to resort to stress levels of your magnitude to care about where the money from my purchases is going.

If you're so worried about China and it's subsidiaries, maybe you should stop using electronic devices made in Commie China and go back to your amish society.

Dick.

• 1Salty

pwe

Always skipped Outriders due to the mixed reviews, but gave it a go since it's on sale on Steam. It's awesome in co-op!!

4 hours in and it's been tons of fun. Fingers crossed for no game-breaking bugs :p

Max 3 players though.

• 1Like

pwe

After a lot of hours in Outriders I give it my top recommendation for co-op. We had some seriously tense fights, and it just plays great.

It's still buggy af, but nothing game breaking so far. Most notably it tries to tell you which way to go for your current quest, but its sense of direction is worse than my wife's.

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Icarus in the heavy rotation for my group now, just hit 100 hours in less than a month.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Help me out fellas!

I'm looking for some suggestions for 4 player co-op games :) Maybe buying some on sale now for playing later.

- Campaigns preferred
- 3D preferred
- must be online co-op

So far we loved Borderlands 2 + 3, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Strange Brigade, WoW classic (didn't hold attention, though). Would have loooved if the Far Cry games were 4 players. So that's the style so far.

Anything you've really enjoyed in 4 player coop? Older games is fine. But probably shouldn't be too hard, wife prefer not dying too much :cool:
Valheim.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Vamguard: Saga of Heroes now makes this list. Great fun if you like dungeons.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gauntlet Legends/Dark Legacy, if there is a way to play it nowadays, immediately came to mind as my favorite time playing 4 player co-op

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just popping in to mention what we've played 4 player co-op

Divinity Original Sin 2 - 100% recommend
D&D - We ended up playing Dungeons and Dragons online with Discord and Foundry VTT
Destiny 2 - Playing that now. Lot's of content, easy in easy out. Problem is 3 man fire teams. But there is content you can do together. Gambit, crucible, dares of eternity and astral alignment.

pwe

Grounded - amazingly good! One of the prettiest games I have played. Standard crafting/survival, kids friendly (sort of, probably quite scary meeting a spider at night :cool:)

1667480309403.png

• 1Like