4 player co-op games

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah... those spiders are scary as fuck. My group tends to put a couple sessions into a run and then we don't play it again for a year or more.

Some games that have stuck w/ my group recently to add to the list

PlateUp! - Overcooked but less over the top silliness and have to deal w/ customers. Scratches a factory-building itch w/ the automation you can execute with some luck
Icarus / Satisfactory - both games have had so many updates over the last year, I'm itching to get back into another epic co-op builder / survival type game. I really want to get a Satisfactory dedicated server going at some point to just run long term and for my friends to tinker with, and Icarus just finally released an open-ended survival mode)
Element TD 2 - if not outright played, this is pretty consistently our nightcap before calling it. Almost every gaming night ends with 'well is it time for a towers run?' They're also doing some mazing beta stuff, which is pretty good (resisting the 'a-mazing' pun...)

1667489581380.png

We recently got into some of the other RTS options we've been oblivous to, one that's kinda stuck is Zero-K. I like it more than really the only viable recent option... Ashes of the Singularity. Zero-K may be my favorite RTS of this style (I'd put Company of Heroes over it, but different feel for an RTS) since Supreme Commander 1/2.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Grounded - amazingly good! One of the prettiest games I have played. Standard crafting/survival, kids friendly (sort of, probably quite scary meeting a spider at night :cool:)

View attachment 441150

Started playing this w some friends this week and it's VERY entertaining. It's like a more interesting and entertaining Valheim.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Not a Co-Op, more of a 1v1v1v1 ( you can also setup teams).

Game is fun and hilarious, this is our favorite family game!

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Bumping this now that we've wrapped our annual LAN with some new / old games we played. We fluctuated between 4 and 8 players over the past 4-5 days.

Age of Empires IV - this and the next one were the go-to all LAN it seemed. All else fails we'd fire it up and play skirmishes against 2x intermediate or 2x hard random computers. Good for as many as 6-7 players co-op like that, though ramping the AI difficulty to compensate has a good chance of someone just getting deleted before everyone has armies to support that person.

Turbo Golf Racing - this was the surprise of the LAN, we got a lot of replay out of this all 4 days, and when we had more than the max party size of 6 we'd form 2 parties and queue simultaneously, which worked probably 90% of the time to get all 7 of us in 1 match. Just a lot of dumb fun.

Human Fall Flat - More dumb fun, lots of hysterical drunken / high laughter. The new (to us) tower level was pretty fun to work through, did at least one other map as well.

Rubber Bandits - an 11th hour game we played, was OK but pretty silly for some of the same reasons this and the below title are

Gang Beasts - some wonky PVP action, usually had odd number of players when we played this, so I kinda tired quickly and bailed early.

Dirt 5 - this was good, but 1-2 had played it before and that was enough to make them comfortable enough with the controls to largely dominate the rest of us. Pretty game and a good time, not super sim like some of the other racers. This was played instead of Forza since not everyone had it installed and that's a monster install size.

All of the above games are on PC Game Pass.

Played our go-to tower defense game game, Element TD 2 a bit. Our new obsession ever since it was free on Epic, Bloons TD 6, also got some time.

We were going to play Wreckfest, but no cross-play. Same with Gunfire Reborn, can only matchmake cross-play I guess, but couldn't party up.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nevergrind Online is pretty fun if you have a steady group. You can do groups of up to five.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Basically any game, shit or not, turns fun with coop.

Some fun coop games I have been playing lately.

1) Raft
2) Grim Dawn
3) Ghost Recon Breakpoint
4) Gloomhaven
5) Elden Ring with Coop Mod
6) V-Rising
7) Phasmaphobia
8) Dying Light 2
9) Valheim
10) 7 days to die

• 1Like