47 Ronin

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
The historical story has what it takes for an epic movie like 7 Samurai, but instead what was delivered is a blockbuster kind of of flick, the impressive visual type that is, not the explosion and one liners kind. I thought the genre was fitting for that approach and even tho it is a bit clunky at times I liked it a lot. If you're looking for a historical kind of samurai movie, you're going to be disappointed if not outright pissed off at what they did with the 47 Samurai story, no debate there, but the movie is pretty well done for what it is. A big plus is how they nailed the ending.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
the movie was very colorful. that was the first thing I noticed immediately. However, my praise stops there. Whatever they tried to do, it wasn't impressive and was incredibly dull. I did finish watching it, though I skipped couple parts (a bunch of fight scene. Flying dragon fight was fucking gay.)

Saving your X from Y + Revenge didn't work well. I didn't know what was more important. The bushido code or damsel in distress.

Pontius_sl

shitlord
Was pretty to watch, as Trollface mentioned, pretty colours, but nothing to write home about. Ok to kill a couple of hours while browsing forums on the other monitor.

One thing, i didn't notice Tadanobu Asano was the baddie until i looked up the movie on IMDB, loved that guy inMongol

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
The editing or script just seemed very poor. Just lots of small and quick scenes that broke what little flow the story had...

From what I read, Keanu's character was originally a much smaller part, but the studio did extensive reshoots to make his character much more involved in the overall story.