4Chan User Stephen Streams Suicide Attempt - Sets Himself on Fire

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
He didn't set himself on fire, he lit some cardboard and paper and shit on fire via a toaster and then hid under his bed after taking a bunch of sleeping pills and vodka. Pretty sure he's fine, but I think a 90 year old dude actually died from the fire. That shit happened near my house.

Siliconemelons

If he did not die, and some other dude did I hope this 4fag goes to jail for murder- if the fire he set is indeed the same fire as that who killed some(any)one.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can accept that some people decide to end their own lives but they have to be really screwed up to choose "death by fire", not take enough drugs to knock themselves out so they're still typing under the bed, and do it in a place that could burn down other people's houses, belongings, and kill them.

So yeah, he should rot in a prison cell on suicide watch without any internet for a few decades.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
What happened to just eating a shotgun? its damn near fool proof.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If he did not die, and some other dude did I hope this 4fag goes to jail for murder- if the fire he set is indeed the same fire as that who killed some(any)one.
It would be manslaughter, but I do hope he would get maximum sentence

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I can accept that some people decide to end their own lives but they have to be really screwed up to choose "death by fire"
rrr_img_51773.jpg

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
It would be manslaughter, but I do hope he would get maximum sentence
Couldn't you argue it is second degree murder instead? I mean, he did light a fire in a place that is connected to other domiciles and knowingly put them at risk. Isn't manslaughter like a true accident that results in the death of someone, but you are only at fault due to negligence or carelessness? Everything about what he did was intentional.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Probably be hard to argue that he lit the fire intending to kill someone besides himself (if he even intended to kill himself in the first place instead of just crying for attention). I don't know what the law requires for murder charges vs manslaughter but wouldn't it be kind of similar to trying to get a murder charge on someone for drunk driving because they intentionally got behind the wheel while shitfaced?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couldn't you argue it is second degree murder instead? I mean, he did light a fire in a place that is connected to other domiciles and knowingly put them at risk. Isn't manslaughter like a true accident that results in the death of someone, but you are only at fault due to negligence or carelessness? Everything about what he did was intentional.
Is that the same logic applied that lets 13 year olds tried as adults? He didn't try to to kill that other guy, he didn't want to kill him. He's worse than your typical /b/tard, but why isn't the law good enough here?

Let's just be arbitrarily harsh.

Just redefine all laws into two lines:

Anyone who does something or fails to do something is guilty of a crime. If and what the punishment is, is determined by a court of law.