4Chan User Stephen Streams Suicide Attempt - Sets Himself on Fire

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Selfish little prick, he could have lit himself on fire and hugged the Koch brothers or something cool instead of trying to die by toaster like a god damn poptart.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Couldn't you argue it is second degree murder instead? I mean, he did light a fire in a place that is connected to other domiciles and knowingly put them at risk. Isn't manslaughter like a true accident that results in the death of someone, but you are only at fault due to negligence or carelessness? Everything about what he did was intentional.
It would be involuntary manslaughter.

Murder, first or second, involves intentionally doing an action to cause harm to a person. The first and second and differentiated by whether or not the action was premeditated.

iannis

Musty Nester
Probably a couple of arson charges to be thrown in there too.

If the fire that he set killed some dude and if his state attorney does go after him he'll still wind up in jail for the next 20-30 years if they charge him with every relevant crime he committed and convict him of them all.

No need to charge him with murder.

iannis

Musty Nester
I can accept that some people decide to end their own lives but they have to be really screwed up to choose "death by fire", not take enough drugs to knock themselves out so they're still typing under the bed, and do it in a place that could burn down other people's houses, belongings, and kill them.

So yeah, he should rot in a prison cell on suicide watch without any internet for a few decades.
I heard on the BBC last night that something like 50+ tibetans have self-immolated in protest of chinese rule over the past 2 years.

Dude, Buddists are fucking WEIRD.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
should have locked his room with mattress and furniture. not successful an hero.
i2ggEER.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
What happened to just eating a shotgun? its damn near fool proof.
It's the small percentage of failures that would worry me, not to mention the state that you're left in, in the event of a failure.

We've all seen the pics and Liveleak has a video, so I'll leave it at that LOL.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
It's the small percentage of failures that would worry me, not to mention the state that you're left in, in the event of a failure.

Bro, we bros and all but seriously bro. Someone fucks up eating a shotgun and is left a vegetable then they got exactly what they deserved. I can see how possibly you can fuck up with a pistol. I've been to a few calls when I was an EMT where the person fucked up with a pistol. I don't think I have ever seen someone fuck up eating a shotgun.

Sterling

El Presidente

I worked as an EMT for awhile and we responded to a guy that did this and was still alive. About half of his head was spattered against the wall but he was still breathing. Not sure what eventually happened with him but that was one of the more fucked up things I've ever seen.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
you just need to put the gun (or shotgun) in your mouth,aim up and pull the trigger

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't see how you could possibly miss the cerebellum with a shotgun. That's all you need to kill.

But I will take your word for it that it is possible.

iannis

Musty Nester
That's why I'm willing to take their word for it.

I really don't want to look at that unless i'm being paid to.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The real question is if someone tries to blow their head off then why do doctors insist on saving them and keeping them alive as a vegetable... seems like a dick move to stop someone from dying when they're trying to die...

Quick, this guy hated his life and tried to blow his head off, let's keep him alive and make his life even worse for as long as possible!

Goonsquad Officer
suicidal folks are all selfish fucks unless they go to a truly secluded place in the wilderness and die in an ant hill. otherwise some person has to clean them up and/or their mom has to see that shit.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
suicidal folks are all selfish fucks unless they go to a truly secluded place in the wilderness and die in an ant hill. otherwise some person has to clean them up and/or their mom has to see that shit.